Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > Ottawa

Author
Thread
dirtsniffer
Second Gear

What I drive: Silverado
Posts/Day: 0.63
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 92%

Ottawa quote:

Heading to Ottawa tomorrow for a long weekend. Will be staying close to parliament. Any suggestions on things to do or eat?

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
This thread is great, finally we are mixing the regular hate and intolerance with some actual car talk.

Originally posted by Mar
This cannot be for real, nobody's that stupid. I think this guy is just trying to cause shit.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-03-2017 06:22 AM
dirtsniffer is online now Click Here to See the Profile for dirtsniffer Click here to Send dirtsniffer a Private Message Find more posts by dirtsniffer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

hampstor

What I drive: GMC
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Touristy things to do....

Tour Parliament... Contact your local MP here to see if they can get you tickets and have them set aside at the tour office (sometimes they sell out)

Byward market is close and walking distance.

Old Post 05-03-2017 02:21 PM
hampstor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hampstor Click here to Send hampstor a Private Message Find more posts by hampstor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OTown
Neutral

What I drive: '15 Tacoma TRD DCLB
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Depends what you like to do i guess.

Byward Market is a nice stroll. Lots of things to see/shops in there. Rideau center nearby but thats pretty much like any mall. Rideau Canal nearby is a nice walk along the locks.

Dont be afraid to do the touristy stuff:

Parliament, Chateau Laurier, Rideau Hall, War memorial.

There are also so many museums. I highly recommend the Canadian War Museum (amazing to see). If you like Art - the National Gallery is near the market. The Aviation museum is a bit further but worth it if you like planes/if you have kids.

Old Post 05-03-2017 03:06 PM
OTown is online now Click Here to See the Profile for OTown Click here to Send OTown a Private Message Find more posts by OTown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Mint tour.

Old Post 05-03-2017 03:29 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lilmira
Second Gear

What I drive: The SHBARUS
Posts/Day: 0.51
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Love that area. Parliament, Bank of Canada, Supreme Court, Rideau Canal, feel very Canadian just walking around there. See what's at the gallery, they had Van Gogh on exhibit when I was there. The regular exhibits are cool too. Then drink till you pass out at Byward Market. I did wander over to Quebec at one point, that got weird lol.

Old Post 05-03-2017 03:54 PM
lilmira is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lilmira Click here to Send lilmira a Private Message Find more posts by lilmira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:00 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > Ottawa

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: