Quantcast
Pillow recommendation - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Pillow recommendation

My Ride
    Blue boy

Default Pillow recommendation

What types of pillow does everyone prefer these days? It's time for a new pillow and im finding myself confused with the many different kinds.

List what kind of pillow you are using and what type of sleeper you are (ie. back, side or stomach)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Interested in this topic as well. currently use a "dogbone" shape foam one from ikea, and it's been good, but it's getting old. Looks like they now only sell that one in memory foam. Might grab another.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/10269837/
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I'm using one of these. Tried and hated memory foam because about 1/2 way through the night you may as well have no pillow at all. This doesn't crush down and I've been using it since 2014.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

$140 for a pillow? Sheesh.

Walmart has various density pillows for about $10. Work fine for me

You guys have some picky ass heads

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

The ones we bought. They are pretty fantastic

http://www.sleepcountry.ca/products/...s/default.aspx
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

I use the front/side sealy pillows that are frequently on sale at b, b & b. I tried a latex pillow and couldn't get used to it. Similarly with the memory foam.

I'm buying a Casper bed/pillow combo for the spare bedroom to replace the old queen I have. I'll report back with the findings for how well the Casper pillow works on a non Casper & Casper bed situation.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    rally pig

From what I recall, this is the one I've been using since summer and it's been great.
    https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/stor...pillow/3308585
    I'm a side sleeper so I like one that retains its shape yet soft and cool.

My recommendation is go to a store and try all sorts of pillows, hard to gauge just by looking/reading on the internet
    Last edited by taemo; 02-22-2017 at 06:23 PM.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by R154
    I use the front/side sealy pillows that are frequently on sale at b, b & b. I tried a latex pillow and couldn't get used to it. Similarly with the memory foam.

I'm buying a Casper bed/pillow combo for the spare bedroom to replace the old queen I have. I'll report back with the findings for how well the Casper pillow works on a non Casper & Casper bed situation.
    I just got my Casper pillow (king size) last week and have been using it for about 5 nights. The first couple nights I found it a bit tall and it gave me a sore neck when sleeping on my side but that got better almost right away. After 1 week I'm totally digging it.

It wasn't cheap at $120CDN shipped but given you can pay $40-50 for a pillow that is only comfortable for a couple months if this one lasts as long as people say it will I think it's good value.

Plus, it's nice and heavy, easily 5lbs, so it has good feel to it and doesn't move around on you.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I've been really happy with my hi-loft Danidown pillows for 5+ years now. I'm mostly a back sleeper, probably 25-30% side sleeper otherwise. They're $45-$60, not too bad. I find memory foam too hard, makes my ear almost ring from the pressure

My shredded latex pillow has been pretty awesome. Took a little while for the latex smell to go away but it was very minor to begin with.

One of my problems is I never know what type of pillow I'm on when I love one at a hotel. I like the big fluffy ones that aren't memory foam but still seem to maintain the shape you put them in. I have no idea what they are, probably some sort of synthetic down.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

Bought a talalay pillow over 5 years ago now, and it's still retains it's original shape. When you sleep on it, and sinks in nicely, and heat is distributed very well, and has very good support for your neck.

It does take a bit to getting used to if you're used to feather/down pillows. it bounces back to the original shape pretty quickly. but it's very comfortable and my wife and i really like it. It seems to last a long time too.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    One of my problems is I never know what type of pillow I'm on when I love one at a hotel.
    Same here, then I wonder if it only seems comfy because I'm on vacation. If only I had room in my suitcase

Originally posted by Swank
    Same here, then I wonder if it only seems comfy because I'm on vacation. If only I had room in my suitcase
    Also I'm usually too afraid to pull the pillow out of the case & cover to check the brand in case of what else I might find in there. I prefer ignorance

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Agreed, that would be one nasty rabbit hole

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Originally posted by legendboy
    The ones we bought. They are pretty fantastic

http://www.sleepcountry.ca/products/...s/default.aspx
    I have this pillow. Been using for 7 years and no sagging yet
    Pretty expensive for a pillow, I thought it was ludacris but the sales rep ended up giving it to me for $40
    Best pillow I've ever used. Would easily buy again for the 120 price tag or whatever it is

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Ya they were spendy, 220 each or something stupid like that but its been 6 years and the bed and pillows are still

Anything that can improve my sleep is practically priceless
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Big fan of the Bamboo pillows we bought on Amazon a while back,
    very comfy and supportive. Was under $40
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Quality of a single pillow is not as important to me as how often they are thrown away.

Because I sometimes do the drool thing, which means you pretty much have to throw them out fairly often.

Its similar to frying pans and furnace filters, do you get one really super high quality one - or do you just get a new cheap one more often when it inevetiably gets worn down. I usually go for more often as opposed to crazy quality.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Quality of a single pillow is not as important to me as how often they are thrown away.

Because I sometimes do the drool thing, which means you pretty much have to throw them out fairly often.
    I throw out my $10 Walmart pillow about every 6 months for similar reasons.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20260493/

Or you could just WASH your pillows too.