Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Possible taxi fraud?

Author
Thread
Stuart

What I drive: 2004 RX8, 1992 Miata, 1996 Spec Miata, 2012 Ram
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by gwill

The op is parnoid and delusional if he looks at life and sees a scam at every thing he does in life.

This stranger said hello to me. What sort of scam is this?!? Someone looked at me weird in the mall... this guy was dressed nice in a suit. Is this a new scam? Whats he trying to do!! Help me im scared!

Some guy really needed a cab and didnt have a phone... pretty simple isnt it?

Then he should act like a regular human and not an entitled little shit. You will find that the response is often a lot better that way.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-12-2017 03:58 PM
Stuart is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Stuart Click here to Send Stuart a Private Message Find more posts by Stuart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

SkiBum5.0
First Gear

What I drive: Between 7400 and 8400 RPM
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

gwill, call yourself a cab you lazy millennial!

Old Post 05-12-2017 04:05 PM
SkiBum5.0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SkiBum5.0 Click here to Send SkiBum5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by SkiBum5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
User Rating: 97%

quote:

The op is parnoid and delusional if he looks at life and sees a scam at every thing he does in life.

This stranger said hello to me. What sort of scam is this?!? Someone looked at me weird in the mall... this guy was dressed nice in a suit. Is this a new scam? Whats he trying to do!! Help me im scared!

Pretty rich coming from you

If it was a cop in this story instead of a random citizen you'd be trying to figure out why the officer wanted to assault the individual, making wild accusations and jumping to ludicrous conclusions.

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.

Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?

Originally posted by Toma
rx7_turbfoags best friend

Toma the homophobe?

Old Post 05-12-2017 04:08 PM
rx7_turbo2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7_turbo2 Click here to Send rx7_turbo2 a Private Message Find more posts by rx7_turbo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SKR
First Gear

What I drive: Trucks and junk
Posts/Day: 0.21

quote:

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Pretty rich coming from you

If it was a cop in this story instead of a random citizen you'd be trying to figure out why the officer wanted to assault the individual, making wild accusations and jumping to ludicrous conclusions.

Goddamnit, I was just going to say the same thing. Weird how that straightforward, no reading between the lines approach doesn't work if there's a cop involved.

Old Post 05-12-2017 04:29 PM
SKR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SKR Click here to Send SKR a Private Message Find more posts by SKR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by SKR
Goddamnit, I was just going to say the same thing. Weird how that straightforward, no reading between the lines approach doesn't work if there's a cop involved.

Just wait for his inevitable "Officers should be held to a higher standard" response.

Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?

Toma the homophobe?

Old Post 05-12-2017 04:40 PM
rx7_turbo2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7_turbo2 Click here to Send rx7_turbo2 a Private Message Find more posts by rx7_turbo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kenny
Director of Awesomeness

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.68
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 148%

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I swear that this is a new trend of trying to get people to beat you up by harassing them so you can sue them.

ex. Burnaby dog kicker

Old Post 05-12-2017 05:07 PM
kenny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kenny Click here to Send kenny a Private Message Find more posts by kenny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
Second Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Old Post 05-12-2017 05:09 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ickyflex

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.13
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Have you ever thought of the approach. Perception is everything in life.

Had the individual come up and had asked politely and explained their phone is dead or whatever the case may be and they would appreciate it if you could call them a cab. Story would be entirely different.

Old Post 05-12-2017 05:12 PM
ickyflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ickyflex Click here to Send ickyflex a Private Message Find more posts by ickyflex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JRSC00LUDE
Third Gear

What I drive: S/C '00 Prelude '15 Tacoma '06 Vstar 1100
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 112%

quote:

Walk up to a stranger today while he's doing something else, interrupt him and TELL him what to do for you and if he doesn't listen TELL him what to do again.

See how that goes for you.

Originally posted by SJW
Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.

Originally posted by snowcat
Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

Old Post 05-12-2017 05:13 PM
JRSC00LUDE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JRSC00LUDE Click here to Send JRSC00LUDE a Private Message Find more posts by JRSC00LUDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shakalaka
WILSUU2

What I drive: SCUZEM3
Posts/Day: 0.76
Trader Rating: (56)

quote:

Probably been said already but I think all cabs have inside camera's now. So they don't care who called in if someone bails out on the cab fare. Sounds like this entitled douche needed some help but had no sense of how to ask someone for a favour.

Old Post 05-12-2017 05:36 PM
shakalaka is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shakalaka Click here to Send shakalaka a Private Message Find more posts by shakalaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
soloracer
Second Gear

What I drive: F355 Challenge/URS4/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX/Esprit V8
Posts/Day: 0.24

quote:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you.

Old Post 05-12-2017 07:28 PM
soloracer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for soloracer Click here to Send soloracer a Private Message Find more posts by soloracer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.26

quote:

It sounds to me like this was a case of attempted taxi fraud. How ghetto is that.

Lot's of scams going around. I had some odd homie g type white dude at the TD in bridlewood give me this sob story about getting drunk and not being able to drive his bosses car home (needed money for a cab he claimed.) The drug thing in this city is getting ridiculous.

I had some scrawny millennial puke at a flames game try to troll me and my gf at a flames game when we were taking pictures by making dumb faces photo bombing. He tried to stare me down But you know what..it's not worth it. Too many cell phones and world star idiots these days never mind getting a lifetime ban from the saddle dome because of some entitled prick. Kids these days have some serious balls, "I'm not asking, I'm telling you." What a clown. That kinda talk will get your ass beat.

Last edited by Hallowed_point on 05-12-2017 at 08:26 PM

Old Post 05-12-2017 08:24 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gwill
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.12

quote:

Just wait for his inevitable "Officers should be held to a higher standard" response.

And here i was wondering why Phil isn't here telling people not to jump to any conclusions...

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Walk up to a stranger today while he's doing something else, interrupt him and TELL him what to do for you and if he doesn't listen TELL him what to do again.

See how that goes for you.

Doesn't that make someone an ahole not a scammer? Its funny people think its a scam when its just an idiot kid being an idiot.

Old Post 05-13-2017 01:56 AM
gwill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gwill Click here to Send gwill a Private Message Find more posts by gwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Its funny people think its a scam when its just an idiot kid being an idiot.

You take MASSIVE leaps to crazy conclusions when it involves CPS in any scenario. But here you want to just give a guy the benefit of the doubt and take it at face value. Alrighty then

Toma the homophobe?

Old Post 05-13-2017 03:20 AM
phreezee
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Classic distraction tactic

Old Post 05-13-2017 03:41 AM
phreezee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phreezee Click here to Send phreezee a Private Message Find more posts by phreezee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phil98z24

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

And here i was wondering why Phil isn't here telling people not to jump to any conclusions...

Doesn't that make someone an ahole not a scammer? Its funny people think its a scam when its just an idiot kid being an idiot.

Thanks for thinking of me.

...but seriously. I was doing something I find important (work and golf, not at the same time) And also, I don't really care to weigh in. Sorry to disappoint you.

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Old Post 05-14-2017 01:26 AM
phil98z24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phil98z24 Click here to Send phil98z24 a Private Message Find more posts by phil98z24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:09 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Possible taxi fraud?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: