Quantcast
Post Lockout NBA 11/12 Season - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 18 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Lockout NBA 11/12 Season

My Ride
    M3P

Default Post Lockout NBA 11/12 Season

Any NBA fans here?

Been following all the drama today, very exciting times for the NBA.

Can't believe Stern Veto'd the Chris Paul deal which would have freed up a fair amount of cap space for the Lakers to aquire Dwight Howard.

I don't really see why they would be up in sorts about it considering each team was benefitting and it doesn't put the big market Lakers over cap

Thoughts? Opinions on next season?

My Ride
    F30

I was hoping to see the CP deal go through, losing Pao would make somewhat of an impact on the Lakers but bringing in Paul and seeing how it turned out would be interesting.
    Originally posted by Ven
    If you find a chic the there with a stick shift don't be alarmed. It's just the performance model, go ahead and ride it like you stole it.

My Ride
    M3P

My Ride
    NC1

The deal seems to work for everyone so what's the big fuss?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Has wheels

Sounds like they are bringing trade talks back on the table again for the teams involved(Lakers, Hornets, Rockets). I'd like to see the trade go through. Definitely shakes things up.

Also, sounds like Dwight Howard is heading to NJ Nets.

Tyson Chandler signs with the Knicks, Shane Battier signs with the Heat.

Lots of things happening and more to come!

Small market teams need to stop bitching. If you can't or wont spend money to build a competitive team then don't buy a team! If you want to buy a NBA team to make money then you're in the wrong business. Pro sports teams for the most part is a money burning hobby for the rich. Dallas used to be a laughing stock til Cuban bought them and turned them around. San Antonio and OKC are both shitty places/markets to play but they made it work.

Places like LA and NY are always going to have a competitive advantage in terms of market and opportunities. It's kind of ironic that the least relevant teams are bringing the NBA down. Total PR nightmare for the league this week.

CP3 thing is not close to being over. If he's not traded by Monday the NBAPA and CP3 himself will be suing the league. Lockout solved nothing

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

Shane Battier is a great pick up for the heat, now they have someone who can defend well.

I actually didn't mind the CP3 trade to the lakers. But then again who would clean up for Kobe's missed shots when he doesn't have those big men to clean it up? It would also mean less shots for Kobe to take since CP3 is an offensive minded player. This actually might have worked out better for the Lakers afterall.

The Knicks are looking really good this season, but only time well tell if those players actually play well together.

My Ride
    F30

Odom requested a trade and got sent to the Mavs, do you guys think it was a stupid move? I'd say he was a good asset to the Lakers.
    Originally posted by Ven
    If you find a chic the there with a stick shift don't be alarmed. It's just the performance model, go ahead and ride it like you stole it.

My Ride
    BMW X5

I think the Lakers were/are in dire need of a good PG. Interested to see what they're scheming.

Originally posted by DGill
    Odom requested a trade and got sent to the Mavs, do you guys think it was a stupid move? I'd say he was a good asset to the Lakers.
    Great player. Great asset for the team. If they were gonna trade him, at least use him to get someone you want...

My Ride
    M3P

I think his "asking for a trade" was a PR twist. He loved LA - Played in LA his whole NBA Career, and his wife lives there too. They gave Lamar away to free up cap space, and if they don't end up grabbing Dwight Howard then they done goofed.

Miami needs to pick up a premier PG, I think with Arenas being waived, and not needing a guaranteed amount of Salary due to being owed 30mil for a contract buyout, would be a great fit, even if Miami already resigned Chalmers.

Eddy Curry, needs to get back to where he was 5 years ago, and Haslem needs to stay healthy. Miami is going to be a contender in the east.

Chauncey, Baron Davis and Arenas have all been waived (Amnesty Clause). I think with the right fit each of these guys can get back to the levels they used to play at.

I'm hoping Baron or Gilbert go to Miami or New York.

Maybe Chauncey to LA?

Fish is too old and can run the show IMO

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Clippers are refusing New Orleans-NBA steep asking price for Chris Paul, league sources tell Y! Sports. "Deal could be dying," source says.

My Ride
    M3P

I'm still up in arms about that idiot Stern vetoing the original deal. N.O would have gotten a steal, and Houston would have beefed up their back court, which is apparent that they need to.

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Yeah that last deal was better. But wont it look bad for stern to deny the lakers trade and accept a clippers trade???
    It seems wrong that he veto'd the deal

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by JordanAndrew
    S It would also mean less shots for Kobe to take since CP3 is an offensive minded player. This actually might have worked out better for the Lakers afterall.
    Not at all. One of Paul's biggest strengths is his ability to make the right decision, especially in pick and roll situations. Even in late-game situations, he's made a reputation of being able to pass the ball to the right teammate who has the open shot. It's one of the things that has kept Fisher in the league for so long. Paul is better at creating a shot for himself than Fisher is, which would have made the Lakers that much more difficult to guard.

Originally posted by hurrdurr

Miami needs to pick up a premier PG, I think with Arenas being waived, and not needing a guaranteed amount of Salary due to being owed 30mil for a contract buyout, would be a great fit, even if Miami already resigned Chalmers.

Eddy Curry, needs to get back to where he was 5 years ago, and Haslem needs to stay healthy. Miami is going to be a contender in the east.

Chauncey, Baron Davis and Arenas have all been waived (Amnesty Clause). I think with the right fit each of these guys can get back to the levels they used to play at.

I'm hoping Baron or Gilbert go to Miami or New York.

Maybe Chauncey to LA?

Fish is too old and can run the show IMO
    Seriously??? In what world would two of the most selfish point guards in the league be a good fit for a team with two and a half established superstars?

They're two players who have master's degrees in the Allen Iverson Theory of Scoring, which states that if you put up enough shots, good looks or otherwise, you'll be in the top tier of scorers in the league. Teams will get more wasted possessions from them than they'll get good ones.

Billups is a possibility, depending on whether he wants another championship.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    M3P

Originally posted by sexualbanana

Not at all. One of Paul's biggest strengths is his ability to make the right decision, especially in pick and roll situations. Even in late-game situations, he's made a reputation of being able to pass the ball to the right teammate who has the open shot. It's one of the things that has kept Fisher in the league for so long. Paul is better at creating a shot for himself than Fisher is, which would have made the Lakers that much more difficult to guard.

Seriously??? In what world would two of the most selfish point guards in the league be a good fit for a team with two and a half established superstars?

They're two players who have master's degrees in the Allen Iverson Theory of Scoring, which states that if you put up enough shots, good looks or otherwise, you'll be in the top tier of scorers in the league. Teams will get more wasted possessions from them than they'll get good ones.

Billups is a possibility, depending on whether he wants another championship.
    I can't really agree with you here.

For Example, Baron Davis in the past 4 seasons has averaged 13.05 attempts a game with 5 made (0.403%), 7.2 Assists, and 14.2 Points. How exactly is that Iverson like? In Iverson's prime he was doing 10 for 25 and putting up 30 a night with ~4 assists, not that similar to Baron Davis IMO.

In his career Iverson was 9.3-21.8 with a career shooting average of .425.

These numbers include the past 4 seasons where he played like an old shitty fuck and scored 6.4 out of 12 attempts/game.

So B.O has a similar FG% but at half of the attempts/game and almost double the assists.

Last edited by hurrdurr; 12-13-2011 at 10:23 AM.

My Ride
    2015 Lexus IS350 F-Sport, 2015 Lexus RX 450h

dallas is getting prepared for another big season from getting odom and carter.

This season is gonna be pretty crazy moves/trades going around

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by hurrdurr

I can't really agree with you here.

For Example, Baron Davis in the past 4 seasons has averaged 13.05 attempts a game with 5 made (0.403%), 7.2 Assists, and 14.2 Points. How exactly is that Iverson like? In Iverson's prime he was doing 10 for 25 and putting up 30 a night with ~4 assists, not that similar to Baron Davis IMO.

In his career Iverson was 9.3-21.8 with a career shooting average of .425.

These numbers include the past 4 seasons where he played like an old shitty fuck and scored 6.4 out of 12 attempts/game.

So B.O has a similar FG% but at half of the attempts/game and almost double the assists.

Hopefully you're right in that he's wasting less shots. He's still hitting the same amount, but the overall attempts has been decreasing over the years. But really, the last thing the Heat need is scoring. Imo, Baron Davis has slowed down to the point where he can't defend many of the league's starting PG's and his offense doesn't make up for it the way it does for guys like Nash and Kidd.

Chalmers was a very good fit, at very good value, for the Heat. And you couldn't really blame him, or anyone outside of the Big 2.5 for their inability to play full games in the Finals. In Chalmers they had a guy who was a good defender and was a capable enough shot from outside that leaving him to double anyone else could be a potentially deadly mistake.

Unless either Davis or Arenas are willing to take huge paycuts (and maybe they will since they'll be double-dipping thanks to amnesty), Miami can't afford them.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...lippers_121411

Lakers must be pissed. This doesn't make sense, why did Stern block the better original deal to the Lakers.

My Ride
    F30

^ At least the clippers seem to have a brighter future, I hope the lakers can lock down Howard now instead of him ending up in New Jersey
    Originally posted by Ven

My Ride
    M3P

I heard Chauncey is gonna play at 2 Guard, which seems unnatural to me given the way he has played in the past, but either way, their starting 5 is going to be great with the addition of Chauncey, Chris and Caron

Page 1 of 18 1 2 11 ... LastLast