Quantcast
Post Lockout NBA 11/12 Season - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18

Thread: Post Lockout NBA 11/12 Season

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

NBA tends to run more isolation plays, whereas Euroleague teams likek to run continuous offenses until they find a reasonable scoring option.

Forwards in FIBA are usually more well-rounded and capable of hitting shots from 20'+ out. It's not uncommon for FIBA bigs to be able to drive to the hoop from the perimeter. A lot of forwards from Europe have been characterized as above-average passers.

NBA forwards are usually more specialized, and don't necessarily need to be able to have a mid- to long-range game and required to have a more polished and more physical inside scoring game.

The rules are different as well.

The 3 point line in the NBA is something like 22-23 feet. FIBA is about a 1 1/2 feet closer.

In the NBA, a player can't touch the ball if it's inside the cylinder, which is an invisible cylinder that reaches infinitely above the hoop. If it's touched, it is considered basket interference/goaltending and the offending team is penalized (no basket if offensive, basket counts if defensive).

In FIBA, the ball can be played (but not touched through the hoop from the bottom) as soon as the ball hits the rim.

NBA has an insane number of timeouts. 6 full timeouts in a game, plus 1 20-second timeout in each half. Timeouts can be called at any time by any player on the court or the coach, so long as that team has the ball.

FIBA, you are entitled to 2 timeouts in the first. 3 in the second half. All timeouts are 60-seconds and can only be called during a dead-ball and by the coach on the sidelines.

Substitutions can be made before, during, and after free throws in the NBA. In FIBA, substitutions can only be made before the free throws start and after, if the last shot of the set is made.

Lastly (that I can think of), jump ball situations in the NBA are handled by a jump ball (shocking), but in FIBA they are decided using alternating possessions.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

I'm sure you guys have heard. But for those that haven't.
    Lakers get Dwight Howard,
    76ers get Jason Richardson, Bynum
    Nuggets get Iguodala
    Magic get Arron affalo, harrington, Vucevic, Moe Harkless, first round pics

Lakers had a good offseason!
    76ers got a good center
    Nuggets got a allstar
    Magic they got the worst out of the trade imo hahahah. They should of made a trade earlier.

My Ride
    NC1

Orlando gets hosed again.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    BMW X5

Just became official:

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/08/10/d....ap/index.html

Crazy with him and Pau down low.

If you really think about it everyone benefitted from this four way team trade. Lakers are now the new Miami with LA now being the heavy favorite to win the whole thing. Sixes got the second best center in the game. Denver got a solidified all star in Andre igudola but I don't think he will be taking over the reins in Denver, he will be a contributing player with Gallinari as the Nuggets top scorer and Ty Lawson as second. The Orlando Magic getting pretty much what they wanted which was first round draft picks and incredibly five of them. They couldn't have asked for more because the know they were going to be a rebuilding team because Dwight said he was leaving at the end of season anyways. Plus they got some decent players in Afflalo, Harrington, and McRoberts. Orlando will most likely waive the other players they got. I don't think anyone got screwed in the deals but LA has to be the biggest winner with Orlando being the second. Orlando knew that they were going to be a rebuilding team if they traded Dwight or he left them to free agency and they got decent players with 5 drafts picks so I think they got value for Dwightbwhile they still could. NBA finals will be huge with LA and Miami in the finals but I wanna know how well their bench players will match up seeing how Antwain is with LA and Ray Allen and Rashard is with Miami. Miami should easily cruise into the finals with Chicago being the only major threat but they won't have Derrick Rose till March and who knows what shape he will be in. LA should be fun to watch because I've been waiting to see a Nash and Dwight team up. Nash should easily have 12 APG this year, but just seeing LA now I see them winning at the end. Sorry about long post

My Ride
    12 civic si

one of the most important pieces going to the Lakers that seem to be getting over looked are the other two players their receiving in the trade, Chris Duhon and Earl Clark. this adds major depth to the bench adding to Hill and Jamison. Also, they ended up signing Jodie Meeks too.

Happy days for us Lakers fans

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by r2.ha
    The Orlando Magic getting pretty much what they wanted which was first round draft picks and incredibly five of them. They couldn't have asked for more because the know they were going to be a rebuilding team because Dwight said he was leaving at the end of season anyways. Plus they got some decent players in Afflalo, Harrington, and McRoberts. Orlando will most likely waive the other players they got. I don't think anyone got screwed in the deals but LA has to be the biggest winner with Orlando being the second. Orlando knew that they were going to be a rebuilding team if they traded Dwight or he left them to free agency and they got decent players with 5 drafts picks so I think they got value for Dwightbwhile they still could.
    Orlando got the worst of the deal, in my opinion for these four reasons:
    1) They missed out on getting the 2nd best centre in the league
    2) They traded a shitty contract with a player with some upside (Richardson), and kept a shittier contract with no upside (Turkoglu)
    3) There were much better packages out there earlier in the year from Houston and even the Nets. As much as I like Afflalo, when he headlines the trade package you're receiving for getting rid of the best centre in the league, that's a problem.
    4) The draft picks they receive aren't going to be very good anyways.

The Lakers made out like a bandit in this trade. They receive Howard for Bynum AND they get to keep Gasol. They arguably now have the best starting 5 in the league, and it fixes a lot of the criticisms the Lakers have about perimeter defense.

The Nuggets got the 2nd best deal netting Iguodala in the trade. Who's an awesome perimeter defense and is going to help with the Nuggets' transition-heavy offense.

76ers did alright. Now Bynum is arguably the best center in the Eastern Conference. His chances of re-signing are a little higher now that he's closer to home.

And like I said, the Magic got the worst in the deal for the above reasons. Let's also not forget that a lot of those first round picks are going to be pretty late in the round; The Lakers always run deep into the playoffs, the Nuggets have a respectable chance of making it the Conference Semis, and the 76ers are heading in a similar direction. So at best, they're looking at picks 22, 24, and 30 in their respective drafts.

EDIT: And I forgot to mention this. Look at where the Magic are now. They fired a coach who is among the best and smartest in the league and replaced him with a rookie coach, and they've lost their franchise center.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    NC1

Kobe must be
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18