Quantcast
Post Lockout NBA 11/12 Season - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Lockout NBA 11/12 Season

Lin-sanity

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by LongCity
    In other news, Spurs win their 8th straight - longest streak in the league. Spurs and Chi in the finals. Spurs win the chip.
    If that Is the match up, $100 on Bulls.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Want to watch some Knicks game now.

My Ride
    M3P

When I went to the Knicks game they got destroyed by the Bucs. It was fucking tough to watch, in fact, i drowned my sorrows in the $12 Pints. Lin didn't even get a minute that game. It's nice to see him get a chance with all the injuries on the roster. Bravo

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by LongCity
    In other news, Spurs win their 8th straight - longest streak in the league. Spurs and Chi in the finals. Spurs win the chip.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    If that Is the match up, $100 on Bulls.
    Quoted to make it official. I accept this wager... Bring it on!

My Ride
    BMW X5

I don't know if I started listening out of context today since my drive to work is pretty quick but on X92.9 one of the hosts was talking about how what Jeremy Lin is doing is nothing impressive...

You've got to be kidding me... If you really think that what Jeremy Lin is doing isn't impressive, you haven't played competitive sports. He took his chance and made it count.

If it was one game then okay, everyone has their moments but he has been playing on the same level as all the other NBA superstars. Whether that continues is yet to be seen though.

I'm as big a Lin bandwagon hopper as anyone else out there BUT wait until the good defenders start guarding him. Last night Calderon, one of the weakest defenders was guarding him and standing 6-8 feet away from him. 75% of the players in the league could hit that shot.

Same with the Wizards game...very weak d played against him. I will be curious to see what happens when people start putting some defensive efforts on him.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

The media should just stop talking and let people watch him play. I don't think he is a superstar but isn't being a decent player in the big league enough of an accomplishment already?

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by lilmira
    The media should just stop talking and let people watch him play. I don't think he is a superstar but isn't being a decent player in the big league enough of an accomplishment already?
    Especially for being Chinese! lol I didn't even know my kind had the genetic makeup to play ball, let alone make any kind of impact. (Yes I know Yao was first but dude was 7'5 haha)

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Super lin-tendo!

It was funny. The winning shot yesterday. The crowd went crazy when he got it in.
    The raptors must of been like "uh... we just lost" hahaaha

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by bigboom
    I'm as big a Lin bandwagon hopper as anyone else out there BUT wait until the good defenders start guarding him. Last night Calderon, one of the weakest defenders was guarding him and standing 6-8 feet away from him. 75% of the players in the league could hit that shot.

Same with the Wizards game...very weak d played against him. I will be curious to see what happens when people start putting some defensive efforts on him.
    Yeah, but it's hard to expect him to take that shot. It was tied and all they needed to win was a 2 instead he goes for the 3, which is a tough decision. He makes it, he's great. He misses, he'll get criticized for taking an unnecessary 3.

He's shown signs of having great court vision, so it'll be interesting to see how defenses are going to react to him. He had some rough turnovers though, but part of that might be he was trying to get Stoudamire involved early.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    E90 335i

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Knicks will continue to do with Stoudemire back in the picture and soon Anthony. Now that they have a solid pointe guard I think they got a bright future, as long as Anthony can learn to be a little less selfish.

Lin's put on a great show but lets be honest, the only real team they have played are the Lakers.

Media has blown this guy way outta proportion.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by LUCKYSTRIKE
    I'm looking forward to seeing how the Knicks will continue to do with Stoudemire back in the picture and soon Anthony. Now that they have a solid pointe guard I think they got a bright future, as long as Anthony can learn to be a little less selfish.

Lin's put on a great show but lets be honest, the only real team they have played are the Lakers.

Media has blown this guy way outta proportion.
    I wouldn't say it's way out of proportion. It's a pretty cool story. At least this hype is based on production and numbers not like Tebow who, for all quantitative purposes, gets hype for not doing much.

My Ride
    NC1

Chinese Steve Nash? Haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride

2012 dunk competitors:
    Chase Budinger (houston rockets)
    http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player..._2012/28331963

Iman shumpert (new york knicks)
    http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player..._2012/28332004

Derrick Williams (Minnesota)
    http://d.yimg.com/hn/p/i/bcst/turner.../130362237.jpg

Paul Geroge (San Antonio)
    http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player..._2012/28332041

Sounds boring, but hopefully they surprise us with a good show.
    Blake Griffen didn't care about defending his title.
    Lebron James said he was considering it again, but looks like hes chickening out again.

My Ride
    M3P

fucking dunk competition this year is stupid

Not a bad list of dunkers if u ask me. Blake is insanely athletic but very little creativity so he's not much fun in a dunk contest anyway. All those dunkers jump outta the gym so I'm pretty excited to watch. It's the worst when they put 7 footers like Amare and Dwight in the dunk contest with no agility or hangtime. Derozen woulda been a nice addition but he's pissed about getting robbed last year.

My Ride

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Not a bad list of dunkers if u ask me. Blake is insanely athletic but very little creativity so he's not much fun in a dunk contest anyway. All those dunkers jump outta the gym so I'm pretty excited to watch. It's the worst when they put 7 footers like Amare and Dwight in the dunk contest with no agility or hangtime. Derozen woulda been a nice addition but he's pissed about getting robbed last year.
    Yup I was choked about derozen. His dunks were amazing! He totally got robbed. To bad we didn't get to see what he would of used in the finals. I wish he joined this year.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by Manhattan
    I thought Dwight was awesome in the dunk contests. Some of his dunks were monstrously athletic.

Originally posted by 4doorj

Yup I was choked about derozen. His dunks were amazing! He totally got robbed. To bad we didn't get to see what he would of used in the finals. I wish he joined this year.
    Unfortunately, it wasn't exactly a well kept secret that Blake was going to win that dunk contest regardless of whether he deserved it or not.

I've seen some sick dunks by Chandler Parsons of the Rockets, so now I'm curious if Parsons is much of a dunker at all. Given, Budinger is pretty good though.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Oh, and on a completely unrelated but still fun to share story....

In my 13-14 season in NBA 2K12, the #1 Heat have a 3-0 lead on the #7 Pistons (both teams have rosters largely unchanged from this year) in the Eastern Conference Finals. The Pistons win the series. Who says video games aren't real?

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast