Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Post Your Cell Phone Plan and Price

Author
Thread
AllGoNoShow
Fourth Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (38)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

May not be the best deal as a base, but keeps me from overages on data. Two lines (AB & SK through Bell);

AB - $50/mth;
Unl. nationwide member talking
Can-Can Text - Unlimited
Unlimited Picture and Video Messaging
.50 Canada to US LD
Call Display
Data Share
Message Centre
No nationwide LD charges
Unlimited Local Talking
Call Waiting, Conference Calling

SK - $100/mth;
Same as AB but $40 base plan plus;
10GB Shareable Data
15GB Shareable Data

Around $165 a month after taxes and BS. Much better than my $260-340 Roger's or Virgin bills.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-31-2016 07:07 PM
AllGoNoShow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AllGoNoShow Click here to Send AllGoNoShow a Private Message Visit AllGoNoShow's homepage! Find more posts by AllGoNoShow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Unless I am missing something, Fido messed up and gave me 8GB of data (added 6GB to my old plan instead of replacing 2GB with 6GB)

Hopefully it stays like that...we will see. When I look at my plan online at fido.ca it says I have 7.XX GB remaining of 8GB.

Old Post 01-03-2017 06:55 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saiyajin
First Gear

What I drive: RX300
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Unless I am missing something, Fido messed up and gave me 8GB of data (added 6GB to my old plan instead of replacing 2GB with 6GB)

Hopefully it stays like that...we will see. When I look at my plan online at fido.ca it says I have 7.XX GB remaining of 8GB.

its an error and will get adjusted to the correct 6gb as i have had this happen before as well

Old Post 01-05-2017 03:11 AM
saiyajin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for saiyajin Click here to Send saiyajin a Private Message Find more posts by saiyajin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Originally posted by saiyajin

its an error and will get adjusted to the correct 6gb as i have had this happen before as well

Well that's too bad Oh well.

Old Post 01-05-2017 05:33 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent.ff
Neutral

What I drive: '14 Taco
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by max_boost
Ends tonight: Fido call in or live chat.

Thank you. May I please confirm, the plan you would like is the Boxing Day offer for the Data Talk Text BYOP for $60 + Tax which includes:

6GB of data
Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, US and International numbers
Call Display
Mini Voicemail
Call Waiting
Circle Calling
1000 international LD minutes to: ◦ Australia
◦ Bangladesh
◦ China (including Hong Kong and Taiwan)
◦ Germany
◦ India
◦ Italy
◦ Mexico
◦ UK

damn. I have been pretty content with my plan (and haven't looked elsewhere) but should have hopped on that...

Old Post 01-05-2017 07:13 PM
Brent.ff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent.ff Click here to Send Brent.ff a Private Message Find more posts by Brent.ff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The BMW Guy

What I drive: E46 M3
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

Anybody hear about these "black market" phone plans?

http://www.cellsavings.ca/cell-savings.html

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cell-phone-s...-joe/1140188687

https://www.cellphoneman.ca/plans

They charge a fee to setup a phone plan for you. The phone plans are usually good deals 6GB/$50 per month. These sites scream scam and whatever but i'm searching online and it seems somewhat legit? They are featured on a few different places.

Anyone ever use these?

edit: nvm, I'm pretty sure all those people just charge and do this method which I can do myself: http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...where-in-Canada

Last edited by The BMW Guy on 01-10-2017 at 10:26 PM

Old Post 01-10-2017 10:08 PM
The BMW Guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The BMW Guy Click here to Send The BMW Guy a Private Message Find more posts by The BMW Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigbadboss101
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (24)
User Rating: 114%

quote:

Latest Fido offering:

5GB of data
Mini Voicemail
Call Display
Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, US and International wireless numbers
Canada-wide long distance calls
Circle Calling
Call Waiting

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fido...onth-2080208/9/

Old Post 02-12-2017 07:34 PM
bigbadboss101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigbadboss101 Click here to Send bigbadboss101 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadboss101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msommers
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 10' 4Runner SR5
Posts/Day: 1.39
Trader Rating: (44)

quote:

Seems like it's $50/month for existing customers?

Old Post 02-12-2017 07:40 PM
msommers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msommers Click here to Send msommers a Private Message Find more posts by msommers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Rogers is giving 3GB of free data to select customers

http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/04/24/r...campaign=buffer

Old Post 04-24-2017 10:20 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pheoxs
First Gear

What I drive: Fiesta ST
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

Anyone know what would be the best deal for a new customer? Been using a work phone forever and need to get my own in the next couple months.

Some of the plans are crazy, 100$ a month with a phone on contract is normal now it seems. The better option looks like buying a phone outright (almost a grand, ouch) and going to public mobile (Canada calling / int text / 2gb) for 45$ / month.

Any other things I should look at? Not really interested in freedom/wind as I travel in rural alberta a decent amount and would always be in away zones.

Old Post 04-25-2017 12:50 AM
pheoxs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pheoxs Click here to Send pheoxs a Private Message Find more posts by pheoxs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by pheoxs

Some of the plans are crazy, 100$ a month with a phone on contract is normal now it seems.

That's the new normal because the government forced 2-year plans, instead of the old 3-year ones.

Old Post 04-25-2017 12:53 AM
Tik-Tok is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msommers
Fourth Gear

quote:

Anyone know what would be the best deal for a new customer? Been using a work phone forever and need to get my own in the next couple months.

Some of the plans are crazy, 100$ a month with a phone on contract is normal now it seems. The better option looks like buying a phone outright (almost a grand, ouch) and going to public mobile (Canada calling / int text / 2gb) for 45$ / month.

Any other things I should look at? Not really interested in freedom/wind as I travel in rural alberta a decent amount and would always be in away zones.

What features to you NEED and what do you WANT?

Old Post 04-25-2017 02:02 AM
msommers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msommers Click here to Send msommers a Private Message Find more posts by msommers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pheoxs
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by msommers

What features to you NEED and what do you WANT?

Need unlimited calling & text to BC (gf lives there) and would prefer 2gb but could survive with 1gb if necessary

Old Post 04-25-2017 02:59 AM
pheoxs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pheoxs Click here to Send pheoxs a Private Message Find more posts by pheoxs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msommers
Fourth Gear

quote:

Wow I haven't looked at plans since Christmas and holy fuck prices at Telus are out of control!

I pay $50 for unlimited calling & texting in CAN/US, 8Gb data, 1Gb in Away zone and 2400 minutes.

So basically if you can live with 80 minutes calling a day, you'd save a lot as my plan at Telus is $130/month.

Old Post 04-25-2017 04:22 AM
jwslam
Second Gear

quote:

The better option looks like buying a phone outright (almost a grand, ouch)

Do you NEED an brand new iPhone 7?
Can you live with an iPhone SE and half that bill?
Or could you go with a Zenfone @ $280 from MemEx?

Last edited by jwslam on 04-25-2017 at 01:59 PM

Old Post 04-25-2017 01:56 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bruceod
First Gear

What I drive: Has wheels
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by jwslam
Rogers is giving 3GB of free data to select customers

http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/04/24/r...campaign=buffer

Just called in about this, the rep had zero clue about it and tried to find some info.

No extra data given for $0. Anyone have any luck getting it?

Old Post 04-25-2017 03:58 PM
bruceod is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bruceod Click here to Send bruceod a Private Message Find more posts by bruceod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pheoxs
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by jwslam

Do you NEED an brand new iPhone 7?
Can you live with an iPhone SE and half that bill?
Or could you go with a Zenfone @ $280 from MemEx?

Well I don't NEED one but I have an SE right now and its a decent phone but the camera isn't the best. I go to lots of music festivals and darkness + bright lights = not that great on it.

I might just bite the bullet and buy a S8 and then find the cheapest plan (looks like Public atm)

Old Post 04-25-2017 11:27 PM
jltabot
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (17)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

If you're trying to keep things relatively cheap, you could try the BYOP option with Fido. Data only and use FaceTime audio calls for regular phone calls. Data consumption isn't really a concern.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fido...ntract-2078212/

Old Post 04-26-2017 12:27 AM
jltabot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jltabot Click here to Send jltabot a Private Message Find more posts by jltabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

quote:

Well I don't NEED one but I have an SE right now and its a decent phone but the camera isn't the best. I go to lots of music festivals and darkness + bright lights = not that great on it.

OnePlus 3T ($599) seems to rank well in this test
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-cen...612824/#Verdict

Old Post 04-26-2017 01:59 PM
The time now is 01:39 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Post Your Cell Phone Plan and Price

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: