Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Post your latest purchase

Author
Thread
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.64
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Abus Granit 37/80 KD Padlock

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Never through I would get excited about something so mundane, haha

Did you realize an insurance rate reduction because of this lock?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-19-2017 03:19 PM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

SOAB
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by RickDaTuner
Outdoor Tech Chips 2.0

click for larger version

Have been reading great reviews on these, and was tired of using ear buds under my helmet, along with the chord getting tangled and pulling themselves out of my ears, also couldn't hear anyone with them in.

These things are great for your ski/snowboard helmet, audio is quite decent! Still a little noise interference through Bluetooth, but you'll only care if you're a very picky audiophile.

I think I'll try them out in my motorcycle helmet in a few weeks when you can't hit the slopes anymore

i have these in my snowboarding helmet as well. love how easy they are to use and they sound decent. loud enough to hear even over the wind noise when you're flying down the hill.

Old Post 03-19-2017 06:51 PM
SOAB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SOAB Click here to Send SOAB a Private Message Find more posts by SOAB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 1.6L full of angry bees
Posts/Day: 2.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Originally posted by speedog

Did you realize an insurance rate reduction because of this lock?

No, it is part of my home policy

I did realize a nice anxiety rate reduction though, with an increased peace of mind

I do believe that if I was running a business in Switzerland and I had items behind a padlock gate or in a container, the insurance company will mandate a minimum security level for the lock. No idea if there are such requirements here. Maybe the Masked Bandit will know?

Last edited by Sugarphreak on 03-19-2017 at 07:04 PM

Old Post 03-19-2017 07:02 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cyra1ax

What I drive: '05 Cororra, '16 Rex
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Went and did some BBQ shopping. Was in the market for a new Weber Genesis, but the 2017 models had a price hike+feature removal+percieved quality decrease(whole thing is made & assembled in China now).

Found a 2016 Genesis S330 at Home Depot on clearance for $977, grabbed their credit card to save another $100.

Old Post 03-19-2017 10:58 PM
cyra1ax is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cyra1ax Click here to Send cyra1ax a Private Message Find more posts by cyra1ax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

well I've been getting into the memorabilia hobby for a bit now and ended up with this. the guitar is nothing special but the signatures are...

signed by all 3 members of Led Zeppelin.

Old Post 03-20-2017 03:41 AM
03ozwhip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

quote:

^^ Wow, that is awesome!

Just arrived today... bigger than I thought given it is the baby version, it is a bit more than 3 banana's high

Old Post 03-22-2017 01:27 AM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

quote:

...and sending it back, the shackle is too big for the hasp

Old Post 03-22-2017 03:07 AM
eb0i
First Gear

What I drive: 2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi (dead)
Posts/Day: 0.16
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Old Post 03-23-2017 04:47 PM
eb0i is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eb0i Click here to Send eb0i a Private Message Find more posts by eb0i Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.99
User Rating: 90%

quote:

Originally posted by eb0i

eqt nice

Old Post 03-23-2017 05:10 PM
03ozwhip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
...and sending it back, the shackle is too big for the hasp

Since it's for a storage locker, my research has always pointed me to the round style locks rather than a traditional padlock. Assuming the storage unit has the roller-door type thing.

Old Post 03-23-2017 05:28 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Since it's for a storage locker, my research has always pointed me to the round style locks rather than a traditional padlock. Assuming the storage unit has the roller-door type thing.

The one I have is a covered bracket so it accepts padlocks... my shackle was 2mm too big

I actually just ordered the Abus Diskus instead which is a round style. It isn't as cool as the Granit though... and it is not a level 10 lock, only a level 9.

click for larger version

Old Post 03-23-2017 05:50 PM
beyond_ban
Second Gear

What I drive: is faster then the amber lamps
Posts/Day: 0.65
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Originally posted by eb0i

How are they comfort wise compared to the UB?

Old Post 03-24-2017 06:16 AM
beyond_ban is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beyond_ban Click here to Send beyond_ban a Private Message Find more posts by beyond_ban Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GOnSHO
Second Gear

What I drive: 09 Ram Sport, 07 R6
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (36)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Just ordered a New Carven Exhaust for my 5.7 Ram.. So sexy!!

https://youtu.be/M9v3tVkaJFA?t=2m31s

Originally posted by BlueSTI
Shoulder checks are for kids who just received their driver's licence. Trust me, if I wanted to side swipe you, you wouldn't be sitting in front of your computer reading this. I only cut you off GENTLY.

Old Post 03-24-2017 06:47 AM
GOnSHO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GOnSHO Click here to Send GOnSHO a Private Message Find more posts by GOnSHO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HHURICANE1
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

New speakers. Unbelievable the difference they make compared to my cheap Polk's.

Bowers and Wilkins 683 S2.
I know they're not $15,000 super hi-fi's but still....wow!

Last edited by HHURICANE1 on 03-26-2017 at 05:21 AM

Old Post 03-26-2017 05:10 AM
HHURICANE1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HHURICANE1 Click here to Send HHURICANE1 a Private Message Find more posts by HHURICANE1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:24 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Post your latest purchase

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: