Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Puppy or the Groomer?

Author
Thread
Brent.ff
Neutral

What I drive: '14 Taco
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by Kari_310

I think there are always those random situations that picking them up is needed and as long as you're not picking them up all the time it should be fine. You'll notice that when owners constantly pick up their dogs it turns into small dog syndrome where they will assume you will save them every time and actually bark/attack more because of that.

That was my concern, so many little shit dogs that are that way because they've been coddled with being picked up at every little opportunity. And then cause they're small are allowed to be pricks. Wouldn't surprise me if those type of dogs are a nightmare at a groomer.

Sounds like you're on track with your mutt, maybe just having an off-day at the groomer.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-12-2017 09:03 PM
Brent.ff is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Brent.ff Click here to Send Brent.ff a Private Message Find more posts by Brent.ff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

bh87

What I drive: 2014 J150 1UR-FE
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

I take my dog to Muttley Crue

The groomers there are very professional, they do a lot of volunteer work with AARC's (and I think a few other rescue groups) grooming rescued animals (they helped with the Milk River rescue) which means a lot to me and also leads me to believe they understand animal mindsets and can handle more difficult situations than my little guy would give them. They are a bit out of the way near the NE city bus depot off 32nd Ave NE east of Deerfoot but worth the drive.

Old Post 04-12-2017 10:25 PM
bh87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bh87 Click here to Send bh87 a Private Message Find more posts by bh87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JRSC00LUDE
Third Gear

What I drive: S/C '00 Prelude '15 Tacoma '06 Vstar 1100
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 112%

quote:

Originally posted by bh87

I'd go there just for the name. I won't hire trades who have stupid pun names just because I can't take them seriously but for this? Get outta here, hire them in a heartbeat!

Originally posted by SJW
Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.

Originally posted by snowcat
Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

Old Post 04-12-2017 11:15 PM
JRSC00LUDE is online now Click Here to See the Profile for JRSC00LUDE Click here to Send JRSC00LUDE a Private Message Find more posts by JRSC00LUDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I say dog. Best to put it down just to be safe.

Fucking dogs, all are terrible.

Old Post 04-13-2017 01:27 AM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.38

quote:

Sounds like some are watching too much dog whisperer. He is the David Wolfe of dog training.

No you don't need to show a dog who's boss. No you shouldn't use aversive training. That is anti-scientific.

Funny people trust science until it comes to dog training. Then they resort to relying on shitty research from the 40s and 70s which has (in the case of the 70s researcher) been recanted.

Sounds like your groomer's "sternness" has resulted in a very poor relationship as someone already mentioned. Switch groomers....

Last edited by J-hop on 04-13-2017 at 02:19 AM

Old Post 04-13-2017 01:55 AM
J-hop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-hop Click here to Send J-hop a Private Message Find more posts by J-hop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by J-hop
Sounds like some are watching too much dog whisperer. He is the David Wolfe of dog training.

No you don't need to show a dog who's boss. No you shouldn't use aversive training. That is anti-scientific.

Funny people trust science until it comes to dog training. Then they resort to relying on shitty research from the 40s and 70s which has (in the case of the 70s researcher) been recanted.

Sounds like your groomer's "sternness" has resulted in a very poor relationship as someone already mentioned. Switch groomers....

Same could be said of parenting. How many parents believe that being strict is a cure-all for poor behavior.

Old Post 04-13-2017 04:00 AM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jabjab
Neutral

What I drive: TT
Posts/Day: 0.18
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Update:

Took my dog to a new groomer. He said he was restless for the first 10 mins but then calmed down and behaved well. I'm assuming since it was the first time at this place he was unsure how to feel about this person cutting his hair. Will be going to the new place again.

Old Post 04-20-2017 03:38 PM
jabjab is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jabjab Click here to Send jabjab a Private Message Find more posts by jabjab Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tobslau

What I drive: Jetta TDI
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Originally posted by bh87

The groomers there are very professional, they do a lot of volunteer work with AARC's (and I think a few other rescue groups) grooming rescued animals (they helped with the Milk River rescue) which means a lot to me and also leads me to believe they understand animal mindsets and can handle more difficult situations than my little guy would give them. They are a bit out of the way near the NE city bus depot off 32nd Ave NE east of Deerfoot but worth the drive.

+1

they are great - been taking our dogs there for 5 years, best experience we've had with groomers in calgary.

Old Post 04-20-2017 10:24 PM
tobslau is online now Click Here to See the Profile for tobslau Click here to Send tobslau a Private Message Find more posts by tobslau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:49 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Puppy or the Groomer?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: