Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Radon?

Author
Thread
phreezee
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I lent the detector to my neighbor and he got a reading in the 300s on his top floor! Makes sense since his basement was in the 500s. All his quotes were $2400 so he bought all the stuff off Amazon and is installing it himself.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-21-2017 08:41 PM
phreezee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phreezee Click here to Send phreezee a Private Message Find more posts by phreezee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Zero102
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.49
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Wow - I didn't think this was really catching on, it's good to see so many people testing. We're up in Royal Oak and we tested our house last winter. We got a reading of 38 Bq/m3 which seems to be pretty good so we haven't done anything about it.

If we ever sell the place I guess we should advertise it as low radon!

Originally posted by Vagabond142
Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

Old Post 04-22-2017 06:49 PM
Zero102 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zero102 Click here to Send Zero102 a Private Message Find more posts by Zero102 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phreezee
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

^ yeah 38 is good. These mitigation companies usually guarantee to get it under 50 only.

Old Post 04-22-2017 09:15 PM
phreezee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phreezee Click here to Send phreezee a Private Message Find more posts by phreezee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

We got something like 34, measured on the main floor for 6 months (November to April). It really depends on many factors.

Old Post 04-23-2017 02:46 AM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ShermanEF9
Second Gear

What I drive: '13 F150 King Ranch, 99 Civic SiR
Posts/Day: 0.40
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 91%

quote:

Originally posted by 88CRX

They do but it'll have a 1000 puncture holes in it and not be sealed at the perimeter or any pipe penetrations.

when we built my parents house in BC we had to put down a special gravel and seal all holes in the vapor barrier before we could pour on top of it, all because of radon.

Old Post 04-23-2017 05:21 PM
ShermanEF9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ShermanEF9 Click here to Send ShermanEF9 a Private Message Find more posts by ShermanEF9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickyh
Neutral

What I drive: 2012 Volkswagen GTI, CW, 6spd
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I plan to buy the pucks and run them over the next winter when the house is closed up. I missed the window this year.
My husband gets bronchitis quite a lot since we've lived in this house so I wonder if our levels are higher than they should be. I'm not saying the radon is a cause but every year, fall and spring since living here it's been that way.

Old Post 04-23-2017 07:16 PM
nickyh is online now Click Here to See the Profile for nickyh Click here to Send nickyh a Private Message Find more posts by nickyh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

^ check your humidity levels FIRST. Anything below 30% can cause a HOST of respiratory issues.

After that, check/clean furnace fucts and filters.

After that get something like a Foobot (sp?) air quality sampler (about 200$).

Old Post 04-23-2017 07:39 PM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Just got the results of our 3 month test. 101 BQ/m3 +\- 16.

I fully expected it to come back MUCH higher. Since it's under 200 I'm inclined to leave it for now. Our house has a few issues I think could be fixed to help get that number even lower but I'll work on it myself little by little as I have the time then re-test.

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?

Originally posted by Toma
rx7_turbfoags best friend

Toma the homophobe?

Old Post 05-09-2017 02:56 AM
rx7_turbo2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7_turbo2 Click here to Send rx7_turbo2 a Private Message Find more posts by rx7_turbo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ricosuave
Second Gear

Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .
What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.37
Trader Rating: (283)

quote:

which kits are you guys using?

Old Post 05-25-2017 04:20 AM
ricosuave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ricosuave Click here to Send ricosuave a Private Message Visit ricosuave's homepage! Find more posts by ricosuave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pacman
First Gear

What I drive: Subaru Outback
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (27)

quote:

I used the pucks for a test last year. The results came back around 70 bq and the company suggested I run long term tests for more accuracy.

Instead, I bought the Airthings electronic tester for $250. I just set it up a few days ago, so I haven't had a chance to really use it yet.

I figure I can move it around the basement and then the main floor and upstairs. Once I'm done with it I can start lending it out to friends/family.

Old Post 05-25-2017 03:36 PM
Pacman is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Pacman Click here to Send Pacman a Private Message Find more posts by Pacman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:00 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Radon?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: