Quantcast
Re Cannabis. Wow things are tight. - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Re Cannabis. Wow things are tight.

Originally posted by R154

To.play the devils advocate, someone lying to get a marijuana card is fraud. Fraud is a much more severe crime than possession. Now, whether cops are actively charging or investigating people is a discussion unto itself.

Just saying.

The only problem I see with the program is potential backlash from uptight people and the whole thing regressing WRT access. I wouldn't want to see the program put up stiffer barriers and make it harder for legitimate suffers to gain access on account of a doofus (or several) that make a mockery of the medical assessment portion.

Legalization will probably arrive before any tougher access reforms do. So that's all just a drawn out thought experiment.
    I agree with your points. In fact that is exactly why I refuse to get a medical license. I do not however in any way shape or form think negatively of someone who has lied to get a medical license.

The fundamental problem here at the end of the day is we are fighting such backward, ignorant, illogical societal view of marijuana. In my eyes it's pretty hard to fault someone for working their way around the utter bullshit.
    Last edited by J-hop; 02-17-2017 at 11:55 PM.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

So hang on, let me just make sure I've got this right... in your head version loosely based on an interpretation of my what my previous comments seemed to suggest, I hypothetically used the phrase "Get Real" and that is why you quoted it?
    How is "get real" not an appropriate paraphrasing of "stop pretending"?

I just find it funny that people think pot is actually medical beyond the fuck-you-up effect, can we all stop pretending already

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Dude, you can't quote me saying something I didn't say
    What do you mean? "Get real" and "stop pretending" are literally equivalent!?!?

Funny urban dictionary quote

When someone tells you to get real, they want you to get a reality check and to stop behaving as though you're living in a fantasy world
    Aka stop pretending, I really don't feel like I misrepresented your point man. Simply didn't express it using the exact same words. Quotations were used simply for emphasis like one would use air quotes...
    Last edited by J-hop; 02-18-2017 at 12:11 AM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

You two need to brush your teeth and go to bed lol
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by msommers
    You two need to brush your teeth and go to bed lol
    Haha yea I've gone full Honda on this thread. Time to bow out I think. Good debate though.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Originally posted by J-hop

I agree with your points. In fact that is exactly why I refuse to get a medical license. I do not however in any way shape or form think negatively of someone who has lied to get a medical license.

The fundamental problem here at the end of the day is we are fighting such backward, ignorant, illogical societal view of marijuana. In my eyes it's pretty hard to fault someone for working their way around the utter bullshit.

FWIW I absolutely agree with you 100%. I wouldn't judge someone for it. I think it's better for casual/chronic/habitual users to get their products from reputable sources that do not contribute to organized crime.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by R154

FWIW I absolutely agree with you 100%. I wouldn't judge someone for it. I think it's better for casual/chronic/habitual users to get their products from reputable sources that do not contribute to organized crime.
    The problem is all of you claiming it takes the black market out of the equation are wrong.

Black market cigs in eastern Canada is still a huge issue and always will be. To act like the same thing isn't happening with mj is blatantly ignoring the problem.

How will the majority of home growers and medium ops compete with 5/gram? They can't and wont. People are eventually not going to tolerate calling "a-dogg" to bring his smelly taking to much time ass out to Denny's for a delivery of questionable product.

I've never been to a dispensary, however, I imagine the experience to be far more enticing and obviously not clandestine at all.

I'm not saying dealers will be eradicated because people will still buy coke/etc. From darius the magician. I think the access for normal everyday people to stay out and away from those elements of society is beneficial.

I know for sure that I wouldn't want to live near a grow op, with sustained pressure to lower cost, it's depressing the market for home brew growers.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by A790

I'm calling you out: marijuana, Mario Kart 8, and Peking Peking.

Let's do this.

So say if I give you that there are no medical benefits to marijuana and people simply want to do it recreationally as you do enjoying a beer once a month. Why would you critcize someone who has to "fake" a medical claim because moronic misconceptions and stupidity of society have make it illegal to consume otherwise?

People that are brainwashed into the archiac ideas that demonize marijuana use are the ones who need to "get real".
    One is legal and one is illegal...is this a hard concept to grasp? Whether you believe that society has a misconception or not it doesn't mean you should commit crimes (possession, fraud, etc.). There are a lot of laws in society that are blatantly wrong in my mind (my taxes having to fund drug addicts to try and recover even though 1% ever become value adding members of society again, my taxes paying for homeless people to have food and shelter, Canada not having a death penalty, etc.) but the majority of people probably have a different stance. Just because you think something is stupid you may still be in the minority.

Plain and simple - smoking/inhaling anything is bad for you and is going to kill you eventually. Chronic use of anything is bad for you, some worse then others. Pot heads who think that the drug does not do anything to them are laughably idiots. I have a family member (who has a legimate medical licence for 20+ years) in BC who are so permafried that I don't know how she even remembers where the grocery store is. Chronic use of this drug over an extended period is extremely bad for you. Chronic use of any drug (alcohol, tobacco, weed, etc.) is extremely bad for you over an extended period. The difference with alcohol is drinking a couple beers everyday for 20 years results in a bad liver while smoking pot every day for 20 years results in a bad brain. I know which one I would chose.....

Originally posted by Type_S1
    Plain and simple - smoking/inhaling anything is bad for you and is going to kill you eventually. Chronic use of anything is bad for you, some worse then others. Pot heads who think that the drug does not do anything to them are laughably idiots. I have a family member (who has a legimate medical licence for 20+ years) in BC who are so permafried that I don't know how she even remembers where the grocery store is.
    I'm sure there are exceptions, but the chronic pot smokers I know of are not only brain dead perma fried as you mentioned, but they seem to have no ambition to do anything that requires effort, and they live like fucking slobs too.

Last point I swear haha.

why are we continually talking about chronic stoners and not the average user?

There are mountains of evidence showing the damage long term high consumption of alcohol causes on neurons (among pages and pages of other effects). Even the early research into the effects of alcohol showed this.There actually is very little conclusive evidence showing any sort of permanent brain damage from those who chronically smoke weed who are not in the development stages of their life. The whole adolescent chronic smoking thing is silly too because people act like chronic alcohol use doesn't have worse reprocussions for developing bodies.

At the end of the day chronic weed abuse will not kill you, chronic alcohol abuse will.

But we are not talking about chronic burnouts in this thread, those are not the average users. Just like the average user of alcohol is not a raging alcoholic.

For this discussion to continue intelligently we need to stop referencing such ridiculous examples....

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

The problem is all of you claiming it takes the black market out of the equation are wrong.

Black market cigs in eastern Canada is still a huge issue and always will be. To act like the same thing isn't happening with mj is blatantly ignoring the problem.
    I don't disagree. However, I think we can agree that legalization will take a big chunk out of the black market.

Last point I swear haha.

why are we continually talking about chronic stoners and not the average user?

There are mountains of evidence showing the damage long term high consumption of alcohol causes on neurons (among pages and pages of other effects). Even the early research into the effects of alcohol showed this.There actually is very little conclusive evidence showing any sort of permanent brain damage from those who chronically smoke weed who are not in the development stages of their life. The whole adolescent chronic smoking thing is silly too because people act like chronic alcohol use doesn't have worse reprocussions for developing bodies.

At the end of the day chronic weed abuse will not kill you, chronic alcohol abuse will.

But we are not talking about chronic burnouts in this thread, those are not the average users. Just like the average user of alcohol is not a raging alcoholic.

For this discussion to continue intelligently we need to stop referencing such ridiculous examples....
    Brain damage and lung cancer from weed to the casual user is the same as liver damage to the casual drinker. To be honest, I've never actual met a casual weed smoker either. Everyone I know who smokes does it on a minimum 3 days a week (friday Saturday Sunday) and usually during the week as well. This may just be the people I know but there's no one just smoking once a month.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Type_S1

Brain damage and lung cancer from weed to the casual user is the same as liver damage to the casual drinker. To be honest, I've never actual met a casual weed smoker either. Everyone I know who smokes does it on a minimum 3 days a week (friday Saturday Sunday) and usually during the week as well. This may just be the people I know but there's no one just smoking once a month.
    I've also never met a "permafried" user who took up the habit later into their 20s

Lots of studies out there, which I think we can all agree on show damage to the developing brain but also that there is actually a benefit to recovery for those fully developed individuals that have had brain damage (from such things as concussions). The studies are still rather new and it's a mixed bag, but rather interesting especially when you see rather straight laced people in the NFL supporting it

There is a shit-ton of people who only smoke casually. The reason those that claim this type of smoker doesn't exist is because you don't even know they are weed smokers.

The wife and I will buy an ounce and it will last us 2-3 months. We'll go weeks without smoking any, to having a few puffs every day. (Camping for example). My wife, however, has been doing it more, only for pain management, as she recently underwent major surgery (got a whack load of Oxy prescribed to her by her surgeon ironically, that she has stayed away from...hence the "shatter") as well as suffers from extreme Fibromyalgia.

But regards to our "social" or "casual" use of it, anyone that would ever meet us would never even know we smoke. And there are these types of marijuana users all over the place, you just don't know it when you meet or interact with them. You only see the idiot stoners who are unemployed and veg out on the couch all day playing video games.

You don't even realize that that older couple, that business owner, that CEO, that CoC city councilor, that senior VP of production, etc, etc, smoke weed. Because they don't advertise it, they don't smoke it at work, they don't let it control their lives. Do you look at a person and say "Oh look at him...he's obviously a Scotch drinker"? No you don't. For the very same reason, all the responsible, casual users of marijuana aren't even acknowledged or recognized as such.
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 02-18-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    There is a shit-ton of people who only smoke casually.
    My wife occasionally smokes pot, and not only would you never know it, but she's one of the most responsible and respectable person I know. Heck, the worst thing she does is leave the lights on everywhere.

Anyway, it pisses me off to know that people like yourself, your wife, and my wife, can literally have their lives ruined because they occasionally and responsibly smoke pot.

My Ride
    NC1

^^^ agreed Seth. Definitely don't wanna be like the war on drugs in the US where people get thrown in the slammer over possession

All you people who scared of using your oxy, send them to me in exchange for a bag of Chinese food.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast