Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Other Stuff > Suggestion/Comment Box/Forum Related Stuff > Reminder: Conducting business over PM for non sponsors...

Author
Thread
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 99%

Reminder: Conducting business over PM for non sponsors... quote:

... is strictly prohibited. If you want to use beyond as a platform for your business, we have many advertising packages to choose from to fit your needs:

http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.ph...data&item=2

I've had several members bring a few instances up to the moderating team, and I would like to stress that it's our sponsors and advertisers that keeps this site alive, and our lawyer's pockets filled. Without revenue, we wouldn't be able to exist as a free community. Simple as that.

For those that are doing it, consider this your one and only warning.

Thanks.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-28-2010 09:06 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ericchoweg
Banned

What I drive: 95 eg coupe
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

doesnt this just warn the users that are doing this to be more sneaky about how they do it though rage

Old Post 10-29-2010 02:11 AM
ericchoweg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ericchoweg Click here to Send ericchoweg a Private Message Find more posts by ericchoweg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

^ From what I know about VB, PM's are not completely private. The moderators could easily check PMs of known abusers of this policy.

Old Post 10-29-2010 02:31 AM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JordanLotoski
Forum Sponsor

What I drive: www.jordanlotoski.com
Posts/Day: 0.41
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

Set up your own custom search http://jordanlotoski.com/vow.html/m

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jord...121848254540668

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
2008, 2010 MLS MILLION DOLLAR CLUB
Ranked #1 Remax Professionals (2013/2014/2015,2016)
Ranked #26 Re/Max agent in Canada (2013)
Ranked # 56 Re/Max agent Worldwide (2014)
#1 buyers agent - Remax Realty Pros (2013)
Ranked TOP 10 Remax agent in Western Canada(2013/2014/2015)

www.jordanlotoski.com/

Looking for home prices...www.homepricecalgary.com

Call me today to discuss your next Build!!

Preferred Builder/Renovations/Basement development
http://www.cornerstonehomes.biz/

Old Post 10-29-2010 04:20 AM
JordanLotoski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JordanLotoski Click here to Send JordanLotoski a Private Message Visit JordanLotoski's homepage! Find more posts by JordanLotoski Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

Originally posted by revelations
^ From what I know about VB, PM's are not completely private. The moderators could easily check PMs of known abusers of this policy.

We have no ability to read people's PM's. We have better things to do than that haha. It's just concerns that came up to us from other members.

I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 10-29-2010 03:54 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by rage2

We have no ability to read people's PM's. We have better things to do than that haha. It's just concerns that came up to us from other members.

You guys chose not to allow this?

I've seen on other VB-based forums where a bit stink was raised over PM's being read by admins/moderators.

eg. (enabled for newer versions of VB)

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92815

Old Post 10-29-2010 05:27 PM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

2 members have been banned for blatantly violating this rule.

Thank you to the members that have brought this up to the moderator team.

Old Post 11-05-2010 05:25 PM
The time now is 10:10 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Other Stuff > Suggestion/Comment Box/Forum Related Stuff > Reminder: Conducting business over PM for non sponsors...

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: