Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Remote camera monitoring

Author
Thread
Supa Dexta
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.71
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Well I ended up selling that system, going to get something that will work with my PTZ camera better.

That model would only do: NVR: [email protected][email protected] or 8CH 720P IP Cameras

So by adding my 1080 ptz, I would have been limited to only one other 1080p camera, and 2 720s.. But I would have had to buy 3 other IP cameras and new wiring.. And not have used any of the bnc connectors.

So now the search is on to find a unit that will do 4 x 1080p. if it comes with 4 cams I'll just keep one as a spare and add my ptz.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-12-2017 09:45 PM
Supa Dexta is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Supa Dexta Click here to Send Supa Dexta a Private Message Find more posts by Supa Dexta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

thetransporter
First Gear

What I drive: acura TYPE A
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

i would use a power line bridge for 1080p x 4

or use a good access point at one end and the ethernet bridge at the other end.

since you maybe in rural area interference is probably non existant.

i have two wrt54g in bridge mode in the city about 100 feet apart i can stream 4k video no problem . but it took some tweaking

also there are wifi channels 12,13,14 they are not allowed to be used in Canada so be careful .

Old Post 04-13-2017 05:13 AM
thetransporter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thetransporter Click here to Send thetransporter a Private Message Find more posts by thetransporter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

If youre going to go IP based and serious data streaming (like 4 1080p cameras) then get a decent PC with a good i7 processor.

Old Post 04-13-2017 06:54 AM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Supa Dexta
Third Gear

What I drive:

quote:

I really dont need 4 x 1080, But the last system only doing [email protected][email protected] left me with my 1 1080 ptz, and 4 960 cameras that wouldnt work at the same time. So I sold it for the same I paid for it, rather than spend a bunch more to add cameras that would work.

If I can just find a dvr that will run the ptz and a few other dome cameras at the same time, thats all I need. The problem with the last one was trying to run it as a NVR when it wasn't really built for what I was wanting out of it.

Suggestions welcome, trying to stay south of 500. And the ptz is an IP ethernet camera, so wanting to avoid bnc connectors. It is a POE camera, but not sure if these chinese dvrs will run the ptz over any distance?

I bought a 100ft cat5 with built in power terminal Like this:

https://76.my/Malaysia/18m-cat-5-po...[email protected]

but the small power adaptor drops the voltage too much, so I was having to plug in the adaptor right to the camera last time.

I was using it coiled for testing in the house, so perhaps inductance was killing the power, but I have my doubts. I wonder if a POE dvr AND the power adaptor into this cable would power it together? I can try that.. It'll either work or Ill fry something !

Last edited by Supa Dexta on 04-13-2017 at 11:29 AM

Old Post 04-13-2017 11:18 AM
Supa Dexta is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Supa Dexta Click here to Send Supa Dexta a Private Message Find more posts by Supa Dexta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Supa Dexta
Third Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Say this one for example:

https://www.amazon.ca/KORANG-Survei...uct_top?ie=UTF8

It states - Vidoe Input: 4*1080P/4*960P/4*720P

(Spelling mistakes are always confidence inspiring) but when it says it does 4 of one or the other, I take it to mean you can't mix camera input qualities.

Its a tough world to figure out, as the descriptions are shoddy, and emailing any of these companies doesnt get you very far with the chinglish replies they send you

'Buy unit, very strong unit, good work with camera'

Old Post 04-13-2017 11:37 AM
The time now is 07:46 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Remote camera monitoring

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: