Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > RIP Chris Cornell

Author
Thread
firebane
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.57
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Originally posted by BigMass

Mike Patton is still around.

RIP Chris Cornell. Just crazy.

Patton is one of those artists that a lot of people just don't know or hear about. Probably one of the most interesting artists to be involved with so many different projects including Mr.Bungle, Tomahawk and Fantomas to name a few.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-18-2017 07:03 PM
firebane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for firebane Click here to Send firebane a Private Message Find more posts by firebane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

sputnik
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.61
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

So is David Grohl

Mark Arm and Billy Corgan too

Old Post 05-18-2017 07:03 PM
sputnik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sputnik Click here to Send sputnik a Private Message Find more posts by sputnik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
firebane
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.57
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Originally posted by sputnik

Mark Arm and Billy Corgan too

I would never consider Corgan "grunge" music but more rock. Not saying Corgan isn't talented or that Smashing Pumpkins wasn't a good band.

Old Post 05-18-2017 07:08 PM
firebane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for firebane Click here to Send firebane a Private Message Find more posts by firebane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyD
Fifth Gear

What I drive: MK7 Golf R
Posts/Day: 1.38
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by firebane

I would never consider Corgan "grunge" music but more rock. Not saying Corgan isn't talented or that Smashing Pumpkins wasn't a good band.

Maybe not grunge (Faith No More also wasn't grunge) but still music from that era that came out around the same timeline. I feel Weiland and Cornell in particular were the most talented vocalists from that era so pretty unfortunate that both are no longer with us.

Last edited by heavyD on 05-18-2017 at 07:26 PM

Old Post 05-18-2017 07:23 PM
heavyD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heavyD Click here to Send heavyD a Private Message Find more posts by heavyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OTown
Neutral

What I drive: '15 Tacoma TRD DCLB
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Man, this sucks. Sounds like officials are confirming it a suicide.

I still remember being younger and playing ATV Offroad Fury and jamming out to Spoonman on the soundtrack on repeat over and over and over. Fun times.

Cornell managed to find his way through different musical eras and genres while keeping his 'sound' and making epic songs about meaningful stuff. Not a lot of musicians have had the lasting effect he has had on the scene.

Just my opinion - but Id say Cornell's death is much worse of a loss to the music community than Cobain's suicide. Not that either deaths were good, just that I find Nirvana to be overated. Maybe that's just because I started listening to that genre a bit later than most.

Old Post 05-19-2017 04:02 AM
OTown is online now Click Here to See the Profile for OTown Click here to Send OTown a Private Message Find more posts by OTown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boostn
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Big fan of Soundgarden and Chris Cornell from back in the day. RIP and he will surely be missed! Sad news indeed...

Old Post 05-19-2017 04:05 AM
Boostn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boostn Click here to Send Boostn a Private Message Find more posts by Boostn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
legendboy
AMG Killer

What I drive: 6.7 CUMMINS
Posts/Day: 0.84
Trader Rating: (28)

quote:

aw man hearing he hung himself is sad. i know he was in recovery

having never had the chance to see aic, lane for me is the biggest loss. depressing day

https:[email protected]

Old Post 05-19-2017 04:31 AM
legendboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for legendboy Click here to Send legendboy a Private Message Find more posts by legendboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jlude
Superbanned

What I drive: Q5
Posts/Day: 0.60
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

I saw him last summer doing is solo acoustic tour, was incredible.

Can't imagine what he was going through, RIP.

Old Post 05-19-2017 08:18 AM
Jlude is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jlude Click here to Send Jlude a Private Message Find more posts by Jlude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
legendboy
AMG Killer

What I drive: 6.7 CUMMINS
Posts/Day: 0.84
Trader Rating: (28)

quote:

Originally posted by firebane

Big 4?

Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Dave Grohl, Chris Cornell, Andrew Wood (Mother Love Bone)

There was a lot of big names from the grunge era that I would consider big.

true, it was a quick post. my xbox live id is L0VE 1S A F1ST

Originally posted by Buster
Nothing compares..

Thats awesome, i have been listening to other music as of late, never heard this

https:[email protected]

Old Post 05-19-2017 04:25 PM
legendboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for legendboy Click here to Send legendboy a Private Message Find more posts by legendboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.08
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Originally posted by OTown
Just my opinion - but Id say Cornell's death is much worse of a loss to the music community than Cobain's suicide. Not that either deaths were good, just that I find Nirvana to be overated. Maybe that's just because I started listening to that genre a bit later than most.

I fully agree with that

I have a lot of Nirvana songs, but I tend to skip through them when I am in the car when I am not feeling it. I almost never skip through Audioslave or SoundGarden songs on the other hand though.

Originally posted by legendboy
aw man hearing he hung himself is sad.

Sad, but not really surprising that is the way he decided to go

In before "Pretty Noose" reference

Old Post 05-19-2017 05:28 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:04 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > RIP Chris Cornell

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: