Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > RIP X-Fest

Author
Thread
2Legit2Quit
Neutral

What I drive: AP1
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 100%

RIP X-Fest quote:

X announced they're no longer putting on X-Fest.

Understandable for the flack they've receive the past couple years. Sucks overall imo, maybe try a weekend earlier in summer to try and land some better weather.

https://www.facebook.com/x929calgar...e=3&theater

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-28-2017 08:18 PM
2Legit2Quit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2Legit2Quit Click here to Send 2Legit2Quit a Private Message Find more posts by 2Legit2Quit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Feruk

What I drive: G6
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

No loss there. I went once and discovered it was "all ages" which meant I couldn't even have a beer by the stage. If you wanted to drink, you were locked away off to the side in some stupid "beer garden". They didn't even bother with seating, so it was basically a big square box where you got beer, couldn't see the show, and had to sit on the floor while being worried about drunks falling on you. The food was all food truck garbage with huge lineups.

The music was good, but the event SUCKED.

Old Post 02-28-2017 08:48 PM
Feruk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Feruk Click here to Send Feruk a Private Message Find more posts by Feruk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chkolny541
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.50
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by Feruk
No loss there. I went once and discovered it was "all ages" which meant I couldn't even have a beer by the stage. If you wanted to drink, you were locked away off to the side in some stupid "beer garden". They didn't even bother with seating, so it was basically a big square box where you got beer, couldn't see the show, and had to sit on the floor while being worried about drunks falling on you. The food was all food truck garbage with huge lineups.

You kinda just described any large festival. Coachella is exactly the same way.

Originally posted by Modelexis
If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.

Originally posted by D911
worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.

the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

Old Post 02-28-2017 09:05 PM
chkolny541 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chkolny541 Click here to Send chkolny541 a Private Message Find more posts by chkolny541 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mzdspd
Neutral

What I drive: LNF
Posts/Day: 0.18
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Perfectly summed up my thoughts on the Edmonton version of X fest (sonic boom).

Old Post 02-28-2017 09:10 PM
mzdspd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mzdspd Click here to Send mzdspd a Private Message Find more posts by mzdspd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
16hypen3sp
First Gear

What I drive: '14 CBR 1000RR, '15 Victory Highball, '14 Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.58

quote:

Originally posted by mzdspd

Perfectly summed up my thoughts on the Edmonton version of X fest (sonic boom).

I've been to Sonic Boom and largely agree, but I had a pretty good time once the sun went down and the big acts came out. We left the beer gardens and got up to the stage that night.

But yeah, it could be run so much better.

07 CBR 600RR-Sold
11 Honda Fury-Sold
14 CBR 1000RR-Current
14 Ram 1500-Current
14 Optima LX-Current
15 Victory Highball-Current

Old Post 02-28-2017 09:34 PM
16hypen3sp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 16hypen3sp Click here to Send 16hypen3sp a Private Message Find more posts by 16hypen3sp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Feruk

What I drive: G6
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

Originally posted by chkolny541

Maybe in North America.

Old Post 02-28-2017 09:37 PM
Feruk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Feruk Click here to Send Feruk a Private Message Find more posts by Feruk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2Legit2Quit
Neutral

What I drive: AP1
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

I believe sonic boom is also dead now too

Old Post 02-28-2017 10:30 PM
2Legit2Quit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2Legit2Quit Click here to Send 2Legit2Quit a Private Message Find more posts by 2Legit2Quit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
16hypen3sp
First Gear

What I drive: '14 CBR 1000RR, '15 Victory Highball, '14 Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.58

quote:

Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit
I believe sonic boom is also dead now too

Yah. Their both done.

07 CBR 600RR-Sold
11 Honda Fury-Sold
14 CBR 1000RR-Current
14 Ram 1500-Current
14 Optima LX-Current
15 Victory Highball-Current

Old Post 02-28-2017 10:55 PM
16hypen3sp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 16hypen3sp Click here to Send 16hypen3sp a Private Message Find more posts by 16hypen3sp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pheoxs
First Gear

What I drive: Fiesta ST
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by chkolny541

Contact Festival at BC place was good about this. 19+ wristband to buy alcohol but you can drink anywhere (All ages fest). Seems BC is more reasonable than here.

Old Post 03-01-2017 03:37 AM
pheoxs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for pheoxs Click here to Send pheoxs a Private Message Find more posts by pheoxs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My_name_is_Rob
Neutral

What I drive: 1wd, 2wd, AWD
Posts/Day: 0.06
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Maybe in North America.

+1

You can't really compare North American festivals to ones in other parts of the world.

But on the X-fest topic, the only one I ever went to, was to see Linkin Park, and I wasn't disappointed. The VIP was a waste of money though.

Old Post 03-01-2017 06:34 AM
My_name_is_Rob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for My_name_is_Rob Click here to Send My_name_is_Rob a Private Message Find more posts by My_name_is_Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
googe
Banned

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Is that like Edgefest for millenials?

Old Post 03-02-2017 09:01 AM
googe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for googe Click here to Send googe a Private Message Find more posts by googe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:14 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > RIP X-Fest

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: