Quantcast
RV Camping; Tips, tricks & repairs - Page 29 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 29 of 150 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 ... LastLast

Thread: RV Camping; Tips, tricks & repairs

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Originally posted by Thaco
    no problem with this, as long as you pay for the respective nights, its people who show up at 8am friday and dont pay for thursday
    think you'd get away with that shit at a private campground? not likely.
    So...thursday night happens in the AM of the next day?

Come on. You pay per NIGHT . If there is an open site at 8:00 AM, that likely means no one was in it the night before, or they left early. There is virtually no loss of revenue in this situation, except the arbitrary loss that you think is happening because you didnt get up early to get a spot.

I can garantee that a private campground wouldn't give a crap in this situation, as they just filled a spot. They may care if you're coming in early and they haven't had a chance to clean a site out..
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 01-16-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Originally posted by Brent.ff

So...Thursday night happens in the AM of the next day?

Come on. You pay per NIGHT . If there is an open site at 8:00 AM, that likely means no one was in it the night before, or they left early. There is virtually no loss of revenue in this situation, except the arbitrary loss that you think is happening because you didnt get up early to get a spot.

I can guarantee that a private campground wouldn't give a crap in this situation, as they just filled a spot. They may care if you're coming in early and they haven't had a chance to clean a site out..
    In the past when i have gone out camping first thing Friday, I will setup my campsite and then I typically pay. (I know you're supposed to pay when you get there). Usually a conservation officer or whoever supervises the site will just tell me to go pay and deposit my pass for the night. They have never had an issue with me being there before 3 or whatever their "check in time is". As stated above, maybe someone paid the night before and left early. Either way the campground is getting its daily/nightly rate and filling a spot.

I do see a lot of people that will just put a chair on a site and put a blank pass at the front of the site to reserve it. Those people shouldn't be surprised if someone has taken over their spot as they have not paid to reserve. I think they are just hoping no one examines their slip and keeps looking for other spots.

no problem with this, as long as you pay for the respective nights, its people who show up at 8am friday and dont pay for thursday and just park their car there that piss me off. That's when i hope for the warden will do their rounds and ticket them.

think you'd get away with that shit at a private campground? not likely.
    I must be not understanding you
    ...not trying to be a dick, but if you show up at 8:00 am Friday and a spot is available, then you can take it right away. You don't pay for the previous night. You do have to pay for it immediately, but you just pay for the Friday and whatever subsequent nights you're staying obviously.
    I've done this at every campground I've stayed at. Including private ones like Mt Kidd. IF the spot is vacant, you can grab it at any time you arrive.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Originally posted by C_Dave45

...not trying to be a dick, but if you show up at 8:00 am Friday and a spot is available, then you can take it right away. You don't pay for the previous night. You do have to pay for it immediately, but you just pay for the Friday and whatever subsequent nights you're staying obviously.
    I've done this at every campground I've stayed at. Including private ones like Mt Kidd. IF the spot is vacant, you can grab it at any time you arrive.
    so if i show up at 12am, as long as i dont sleep i dont have to pay? where's the line, oh, right, its 2-4pm as stated by the campground....
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by C_Dave45

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

That looks like a good spot to test out the new trailer this year. Bought the damn thing last April, and didn't get one chance to use it due to rebuilding my truck engine.

Looking very forward to it this year.
    It's a great area. A lot of folks go that way for random camping, so you don't always get the peace and quiet since the "braap Braap" crowd isn't ever too far away. Still, beautiful area.
    http://rockymountaincamping.ca/ Has the best info.

I've stayed at Livingston falls too, fun if your kids like to throw rocks in the river all day.

Just make sure you know what road you are using to access the trunk road.
    - Highwood road (hwy 541 is very good
    - "hump" road (hwy 532) is not good for trailers, but very scenic for just a vehicle when not towing
    - "gap" road (hwy 517) is fine for trailers, follows oldman river.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

so if i show up at 12am, as long as i dont sleep i dont have to pay? where's the line, oh, right, its 2-4pm as stated by the campground....
    Right. 'Cause that always happens.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Back on track....another overlooked campground that has nice secluded spots and often not crowded, is Sibbald Lake Campground. Only an hour from the city. And strictly FCFS!!
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 01-16-2017 at 05:56 PM.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Cataract Creek and Etherington are also nice and quiet

Yeah you might as well take it. Most campgrounds release the spot if no one shows up after 8pm.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I must say, after driving all around North America, Yukon and Alaska have some of the best campsites on the continent. Free firewood, cheap fees, availability and all of the campsites are in absolutely stunning locations.

Where is the tent trailer gang?

Purchased this 2011 this weekend. Will be a nice change from tenting. Keep the wife and kid happier.

Any sweet Tent trailer mods going on?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Originally posted by Dave P

Purchased this 2011 this weekend. Will be a nice change from tenting. Keep the wife and kid happier.

..i use my tent trailer's fridge to hold my toothbrush and paste to keep the bears from smelling it?

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

Nice! I have a tent trailer as well. After the RV Show last week, it has got me wanting to get a 26ft hard side trailer, now that I have a better tow vehicle this season. Love my tent trailer but want the hard side for more room and washroom as well.

Originally posted by redevil

After the RV Show last week
    The economy could not be doing that bad. It was crazy to see how many of those units had sold stickers on them.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Tent trailers are awesome. I'd like to have one in addition to a larger trailer to use for expeditions when it's just me and one kid. Much better for dragging deeper into the bush too.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Rage2

I have been through the tent trailer phase too, they are a great concept, awesome for fuel economy, but after a few years the setup and jigsaw puzzling to get everything put away just gets old.

I have a hybrid right now, its a lot more storage than a tent trailer, a lot less setup, but i am still looking to upgrade to a hardwall, or possibly a motorhome, would love to do some road trips.

found my dream unit at the RV show on the weekend,
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Last edited by Thaco; 01-30-2017 at 10:29 AM.

^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Rage2

The economy could not be doing that bad. It was crazy to see how many of those units had sold stickers on them.
    Just because they bought them doesnt mean they can afford them... the dealers make it easy with 20 year financing...... its practically a mortgage, the loan will outlast the trailer.

^^ Fact Checked

I have been through the tent trailer phase too, they are a great concept, awesome for fuel economy, but after a few years the setup and jigsaw puzzling to get everything put away just gets old.

I have a hybrid right now, its a lot more storage than a tent trailer, a lot less setup, but i am still looking to upgrade to a hardwall, or possibly a motorhome, would love to do some road trips.
    Same here.
    About the only advantage is reduced weight for those that can only use car/mini-van as tow rigs.
    I found their pricing to be extremely high. For the same price of a good tent trailer, you can find a good 22 foot hard walled trailer.
    Same goes for used pricing.
    But I would never, EVER, buy new.
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 01-30-2017 at 10:35 AM.

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

So, need your thoughts on the differences with considering a aluminum siding (wood frame) versus fiberglass (aluminum frame) construction travel trailers. I'm looking to upgrade from my tent trailer and am looking for something in the 25-28ft range likely new and considering used only as old as a 2015 model. I found that the costs for the aluminum sided trailers are slightly cheaper but my concerns is the hail damage and longevity of the wood frame construction versus an aluminum frame construction.

I realize that with a fiberglass smooth sided trailer if the hail is big enough it will damage it as well.

Let me know.

My Ride
    Rage2

Originally posted by redevil
    So, need your thoughts on the differences with considering a aluminum siding (wood frame) versus fiberglass (aluminum frame) construction travel trailers. I'm looking to upgrade from my tent trailer and am looking for something in the 25-28ft range likely new and considering used only as old as a 2015 model. I found that the costs for the aluminum sided trailers are slightly cheaper but my concerns is the hail damage and longevity of the wood frame construction versus an aluminum frame construction.

I realize that with a fiberglass smooth sided trailer if the hail is big enough it will damage it as well.

Let me know.
    i think the biggest thing for us geographically is the hail, if hail goes through fiberglass, you've likely got bigger issues with broken windows and definitely roof vents etc... fiberglass looks prettier... not sure there's really much other differences. i would assume the alu/fiberglass is lighter overall as well, and the tin trailers are becoming more and more rare.

^^ Fact Checked

Page 29 of 150 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 ... LastLast