Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > Sage Hill/Symons Gate/Nolan Hill/Evanston...Etc

Author
Thread
BigShow
First Gear

What I drive: Corvette
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by zooter

This is in the other thread, but looks like they are not planning to start construction until 2019.

2019?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-13-2015 11:59 PM
BigShow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigShow Click here to Send BigShow a Private Message Find more posts by BigShow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ArjayAquino
Neutral

What I drive: 2015 Base Sti
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

This is in the other thread, but looks like they are not planning to start construction until 2019.

thanks. and damn that's awhile. That keystone hills plan probably won't get started until then either.

Old Post 10-14-2015 03:27 AM
ArjayAquino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ArjayAquino Click here to Send ArjayAquino a Private Message Visit ArjayAquino's homepage! Find more posts by ArjayAquino Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CLiVE
FKA memystealthandi

What I drive: '11 EB F150, '60 Baja Bug, '12 Crosstour '87 IROC
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

Originally posted by sneek

Just out of curiosity, what path do you take? I've also been toying with the idea of moving out to Sherwood, but I thought the bike routes would suck in the winter.

Just saw this. I mix my route up quite a bit depending on the weather, and or training requirements.

Summer - road straight up shaganappi to Edgemont. Pathway - through Nose Hill, Pathway - parallel to John Laurie, Road - cut over to Cabrian/10th street, Bike Lane - 10th street to Kensington to downtown.

Winter / Bad Roads - Sherwood pathway up the hill to Sarcee. Sarcee towards superstore, cut through Edgemont to 53rd. 53rd to Home Road to Shouldice, Shouldice to Edworthy pathway to downtown.

Really bad roads - 2 days last year. Drive to Nosehill to avoid shaganappi hill. Drive to Edworthy. Pathway. Done.

Other routes - Drive to beddington, pathway down deerfoot. Shaganappi to hidden valley to 14th street - pathway all the way downtown.

Old Post 10-14-2015 05:14 PM
CLiVE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CLiVE Click here to Send CLiVE a Private Message Find more posts by CLiVE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Czar
Neutral

Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by rx7boi
[B]So, I timed myself going downtown to a buddy's place around 6:30pm last night. I'll do it again next time I head down that route but it was a pretty typical commute.

Here's the breakdown:

Sage Hill to Beddington/Deerfoot ramp- 7 minutes
Deerfoot ramp to Memorial - 6 minutes going a steady 110km
Memorial to Riverfront - 3 minutes.

I live in Sage Hill (Phase 1). Every day I drive from Sage Hill to the Stony Trail Turnoff. It takes me 7 - 10 minutes from 144th Ave, to Symons Valley Road, to the turnoff. Granted, I'm doing the speed limit (which is 60kph until you reach Country Hills), but I find it hard to believe that you can make it to the Deerfoot ramp in 7 minutes (unless maybe you live next to the Walmart)..

Old Post 10-15-2015 08:09 PM
Czar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Czar Click here to Send Czar a Private Message Find more posts by Czar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7boi
Neutral

What I drive: (0^oo^0)~
Posts/Day: 0.07

quote:

Originally posted by Czar

I live in Sage Hill (Phase 1). Every day I drive from Sage Hill to the Stony Trail Turnoff. It takes me 7 - 10 minutes from 144th Ave, to Symons Valley Road, to the turnoff. Granted, I'm doing the speed limit (which is 60kph until you reach Country Hills), but I find it hard to believe that you can make it to the Deerfoot ramp in 7 minutes (unless maybe you live next to the Walmart)..

I don't follow the speed limit strictly which is why I tend to skip lights.

If you are stuck behind someone doing the limit you will almost always hit every light along the way and that adds alot of time. I was thinking of putting up my dashcam but I guess I'll explain it in words as well.

PS: When you reach the bridge going over Stoney, stick to your rightmost 3rd lane. People don't like using that lane (especially if the light is red because people eventually merge into that 3rd lane. When the light turns green, you can over take everyone and lane change back in. You don't need to speed excessively but if you're fast, you can normally skip the Hidden Creek light. EZ PZ.

PSS: At the light/camera on top of Country Hills Blvd, stick to your leftmost lane pretty much all the way until Deerfoot. People in the left lane tend to go faster here. If not, just switch lanes and pass them. Most cars go anywhere from 80-95km here.

It helps to know which lanes are least used so that you can keep on passing. Like jswlam said, lights are designed to slow you down so if you can beat the lights, you'll make good time.

The other reason is that I timed myself during an evening as I explicitly stated so there are a lot fewer cars.

Full disclosure, if it's a 60 zone I might go as fast as 80km just to skip a light. I'm not proud of it but I tend to speed in chunks so it's harder to catch

Last edited by rx7boi on 10-15-2015 at 09:57 PM

Old Post 10-15-2015 09:51 PM
rx7boi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7boi Click here to Send rx7boi a Private Message Find more posts by rx7boi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by rx7boi
Like jswlam said

Nobody ever gets my name right

Old Post 10-15-2015 10:00 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7boi
Neutral

quote:

It's the thought that counts.

Old Post 10-15-2015 10:05 PM
rx7boi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7boi Click here to Send rx7boi a Private Message Find more posts by rx7boi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigDL
Neutral

What I drive: 09 Impreza 2.5
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

Bump, damm city is finally giving Nolan Hill a bus route. And unlike the shitty one doing sage hill orignally, this one goes to Brentwood Train Station.

http://www.calgarytransit.com/sites..._march_2017.pdf

And it looks like Sage Hill is now being sent over to Dalhouse train station instead of being sent to Panorama.

http://www.calgarytransit.com/sites..._march_2017.pdf

Old Post 03-09-2017 04:30 PM
BigDL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigDL Click here to Send BigDL a Private Message Find more posts by BigDL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Asian_defender
Neutral

What I drive: 2011 lexus is250 awd
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

There is still the 425 which gets sent to North Pointe.
http://www.calgarytransit.com/sites...25_dec_2015.pdf

Old Post 03-09-2017 07:33 PM
Asian_defender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Asian_defender Click here to Send Asian_defender a Private Message Find more posts by Asian_defender Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schocker
Fifth Gear

What I drive: Euro Accord Brah
Posts/Day: 1.46
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

How about those f'n no uturn signs on shag. Used to always exit sobeys by petro and head back north but some blabby people on the facebook page got the signs put up. Somehow a left hand turn across four lanes is safer than a uturn facing two.

Old Post 03-09-2017 08:03 PM
schocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schocker Click here to Send schocker a Private Message Visit schocker's homepage! Find more posts by schocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7boi
Neutral

quote:

I don't mind the one near Sobeys and understand why they're put up. I've seen people doing U-turns interfere with people making a left out of that complex.

They could have done planning a bit better though.

Old Post 03-09-2017 08:25 PM
BigDL
Neutral

What I drive: 09 Impreza 2.5
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

Originally posted by Asian_defender
There is still the 425 which gets sent to North Pointe.
http://www.calgarytransit.com/sites...25_dec_2015.pdf

Ahh crap you are right, I was looking at the map wrong. Woops.

Old Post 03-10-2017 12:22 AM
BigDL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigDL Click here to Send BigDL a Private Message Find more posts by BigDL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zooter

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Looks like there is a Popeye's chicken opening up in Evanston town centre next to Pour.

Also across from Evanston Town Centre there will be a Timmie's with drive through as well as a 7 eleven with a Gas Station.

Old Post 03-10-2017 06:09 PM
zooter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zooter Click here to Send zooter a Private Message Find more posts by zooter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kjonus

What I drive: 2003 Pathfinder / 2011 Mustang
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (4)

quote:

Looks like there is a Popeye's chicken opening up in Evanston town centre next to Pour.

Also across from Evanston Town Centre there will be a Timmie's with drive through as well as a 7 eleven with a Gas Station.

Great, more stuff which I'm not interested in...lol

Old Post 03-11-2017 12:24 AM
Kjonus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kjonus Click here to Send Kjonus a Private Message Find more posts by Kjonus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R!zz0
First Gear

What I drive: A Slow Car
Posts/Day: 0.17
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Anyone know what they're building across Popeye's?

1998 Camry CE V6 SOLD
1995 Z28 LT1 M6 Modded (Torque Monster) SOLD
1994 Camry LE 2.2L (Written Off)
1991 Nissan Maxima SOLD
1990 Honda Civic DX HB SOLD
1982 Datsun 280ZX SOLD

Old Post 04-04-2017 07:09 PM
R!zz0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R!zz0 Click here to Send R!zz0 a Private Message Find more posts by R!zz0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redevil
First Gear

What I drive: '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

Originally posted by R!zz0
Anyone know what they're building across Popeye's?

Across the street in the new plaza is a Tim Horton's with drive thru, 7-11 gas station and a two floor retail space

http://www.qualicocommercial.com/pr.../evanston-plaza

Last edited by redevil on 04-05-2017 at 03:25 AM

Old Post 04-05-2017 03:15 AM
redevil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redevil Click here to Send redevil a Private Message Find more posts by redevil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R!zz0
First Gear

What I drive: A Slow Car
Posts/Day: 0.17
User Rating: 97%

quote:

^ Thanks. I kept telling myself that Evanston needed a gas station. I'm not sure i'm liking 7-11 with a gas bar. I think it's going be too crowded

Edit: Had Popeye's yesterday and i'll be going back. Probably the best chicken i've had in a long time besides Nando's.

1998 Camry CE V6 SOLD
1995 Z28 LT1 M6 Modded (Torque Monster) SOLD
1994 Camry LE 2.2L (Written Off)
1991 Nissan Maxima SOLD
1990 Honda Civic DX HB SOLD
1982 Datsun 280ZX SOLD

Old Post 04-07-2017 02:56 PM
R!zz0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R!zz0 Click here to Send R!zz0 a Private Message Find more posts by R!zz0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:13 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > Sage Hill/Symons Gate/Nolan Hill/Evanston...Etc

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: