Quantcast
Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge and others '16 - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge and others '16

Got my s7 edge today, picked up an otterbox commuter from bestbuy for now. Probably gonna order the spigen neo hybrid and/or rugged armor.

Originally posted by nagooro
    Got my s7 edge today, picked up an otterbox commuter from bestbuy for now. Probably gonna order the spigen neo hybrid and/or rugged armor.
    how much for the commuter anyhow at BB? good selection of colors?

My Ride
    MR2

Has anyone broken theirs yet?
    Just cracked my screen today on the edge. Not even a drop. I had the phone propped up on a concrete garage floor to use the flashlight, and it fell backwards and cracked the front glass. I have a TPU case with a lip but didn't seem to help

Originally posted by Seks

how much for the commuter anyhow at BB? good selection of colors?
    It was about $50. Bought the spigen rugged armor and neo hybrid as well, not sure which I like better, but will return one of them.

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

Finally had mine for about a week now. The glass on this thing scratches very easily. I have very fine marks on the back of the phone and on the front of it already.

Still waiting for my case to get here off of ebay...lol.

So far I am enjoying it though. Way faster than my old S3.

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Had mine for over 10 days and completely in love with the phone... until last night haha.

I was charging the phone and picked it up to text someone. Phone was really slow and then froze. I tried resetting and nothing and then the screen went black and never came back no matter what I tried.

I called BestBuy, Telus and Telus's 3rd party warranty service and none had a phone in stock so I was about to give up on not having a phone for a while till I tried youtube.

Holding down the volume down button and power for 20 seconds fixed it. I had tried the volume up and power before

Anyways, phone is back

My Ride
    2016 VW MK7 R ORYX DSG TECH

Originally posted by georgemagana
    Had mine for over 10 days and completely in love with the phone... until last night haha.

I was charging the phone and picked it up to text someone. Phone was really slow and then froze. I tried resetting and nothing and then the screen went black and never came back no matter what I tried.

I called BestBuy, Telus and Telus's 3rd party warranty service and none had a phone in stock so I was about to give up on not having a phone for a while till I tried youtube.

Holding down the volume down button and power for 20 seconds fixed it. I had tried the volume up and power before

Anyways, phone is back
    That's soooo weird!!! This happened to me last night too!!!

Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

That's soooo weird!!! This happened to me last night too!!!
    happened to me a week ago too!

Hey guys,

Wondering if any of you are facing any kind of unusual battery drain?

I'm using a S7 and the past few days the battery has been draining very fast.

I had it at 100% at 10 am, and by 6 pm it's at 15%...and this is with very minimal usage (screen on time of max 1 hr).

It's so strange this is happening and I"m wondering if it's my battery or what.

I checked the battery usage stats and it shows highest drain being cell signal...however, this drain just started recently ..and it's not like I"m in any new location that has crap signal.

My Ride
    golfR

Originally posted by Hero_X
    Hey guys,

I had it at 100% at 10 am, and by 6 pm it's at 15%...and this is with very minimal usage (screen on time of max 1 hr).

I checked the battery usage stats and it shows highest drain being cell signal...however, this drain just started recently ..and it's not like I"m in any new location that has crap signal.
    Nothing unusual on the battery but mine has been restarting randomly lately. It does this once or twice a day.

Does the phone get pretty hot when the battery is draining fast?

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Getting my GS7 Edge today or tomorrow from Telus, they had a deal last week to get the phone for 100$ down and 90$ /m plan.

Coming from a Nexus 5 that I've had since Dec 2013, before that was an iPhone 3GS I first got in May 2007.
    My old iPhone still works and has no screen cracks, even after 6.5 yrs of daily use.

Also went with the spigen neo hybrid case for the GS7.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Originally posted by Hero_X
    Hey guys,

If you have a weak cell signal and the phone is constantly searching, that can be a huge battery drain on any phone. You could manually switch off LTE or onto WiFi if you spend long periods of time in very weak signal areas, but I realize that isn't always convenient.

Do the following things if you haven't already - makes a big difference overall:

WiFi Settings --> Advanced --> Keep WiFi On During Sleep --> Set to "Never" or "Only while charging"

Also in WiFi settings, don't let it constantly search for and discover WiFi networks

In Location settings, don't let it use all the antennas for scanning (like bluetooth) to help determine location

Under Accounts, select your Google account and turn Sync off for everything you don't need (it will still sync when you open the app)

Originally posted by chongkee_
    Does the phone get pretty hot when the battery is draining fast?
    All lithium batteries get quite warm during rapid charge or discharge which is why you may feel the phone warm up.

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

so S8 comes out end of March. This mean the carriers will drop prices on S7? Will teh S6 become hard to buy new?

The S8 is rumored to be quite expensive, so the S7 will drop but maybe not as much as some would hope. The S6 is still a really good phone and already free on contracts and pretty reasonably priced on the used market (I will have a mint, virtually unused one for sale soon too). Both the GS8 and iPhone 8 are rumored to to be around $950-$1000 USD, likely dependent on storage size as well. My guess is they will be $899-$999 CDN for the "base" models, and going up from there.

If you aren't getting the S8 and want something now I would go for the Pixel unless there is something tying you to Samsung.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I have a feeling S8 will be expensive to subsidize the S7 Note failure and the voice assistant they purchased and the fact that it will be the ONLY SD835 phone on the market for at least a few months as Samsung hoarded all the early production of the SoC.

As for the Pixel, I think Google need to up there support game to charge that price. The whole microphone fiasco and the whole replacement process is as good as random Chinese brand phones.

Originally posted by Xtrema
    As for the Pixel, I think Google need to up there support game to charge that price. The whole microphone fiasco and the whole replacement process is as good as random Chinese brand phones.
    Their support process is pretty top notch. They send you a new phone before you have to send the old one back. They are willing to replace the whole phone even for extremely minor complaints. Their staff just run you though some ridiculously basic troubleshooting steps, and then they approve a RMA. I've also never even heard of these microphone issues before - they don't seem to be affecting many people. At least they aren't bursting into flames like everyone elses' phones

On top of that they have 24/7 support built right into the phone's menu - with a couple swipes you are talking to a google rep. It's been absolutely fantastic so far.

Tbh...

The s7 is a very good phone.

I really don't see a reason to upgrade to s8. Granted, it's supposed to look cooler and all, but with the microSD card slot back, and the performance of the S7, still think it won't be a worthwhile upgrade.

That, and samsung tries to mimic apple and spike up the price

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm looking for an S7 soon. Figure I'll wait until the S8 comes out because it can only help the price of the S7. Only a couple of weeks now.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    I'm looking for an S7 soon. Figure I'll wait until the S8 comes out because it can only help the price of the S7. Only a couple of weeks now.
    The A5 is supposed to be coming tomorrow at $499 no term pricing

https://recombu.com/mobile/article/s...-vs-galaxy-s7#

If you preorder a G6 in the USA, LG gives you a free 49" HDTV and a free Google Home

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast