Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Samsung Galaxy S8

Author
Thread
Hero_X
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

... had to use my old BB Bold for a few weeks while I looked for another one. Despite being absurdly outdated with more than 5 years of use on it, it worked perfectly. No glitches at all, it automatically synced up with my e-mails better than my S4, had minimal data usage, and the battery lasted for a couple of days at a time.

Me and Samsung are breaking up

Ok so I have to ask you, which bold was this? I tried using my BB bold 9900 and I couldn't sync my emails.

I have a gmail account and it seemed like google refused to let it sync with the device, due to outdated security.

Would love to know how you got everything to work, cuz I love to indulge in nostalgia

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-28-2017 07:30 AM
Hero_X is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hero_X Click here to Send Hero_X a Private Message Find more posts by Hero_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Asian_defender
Neutral

What I drive: 2011 lexus is250 awd
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Anyone else having delays with getting an S8+?
Pre-ordered mine through Rogers on April 5th. Still not even shipped yet

Old Post 05-02-2017 07:20 AM
Asian_defender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Asian_defender Click here to Send Asian_defender a Private Message Find more posts by Asian_defender Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beecue
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.59
Trader Rating: (33)

quote:

So, worth it for those that have been using it? I read screen protector don't really work for this phone due to edges?

Old Post 05-15-2017 04:19 AM
beecue is online now Click Here to See the Profile for beecue Click here to Send beecue a Private Message Find more posts by beecue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
colsankey
Neutral

What I drive: 2011 Ralliart SB
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

I love mine. Ended up with a Spigen case off Amazon, it does a decent job of protecting the back and sides, but a drop flat on the screen could cause an issue.

Same issue as the s7 edge, the curved edge makes an amazing screen but is difficult to protect. I think a simple ghost screen or similair sheet will be the best option.

Ive been ballsy, and leave it naked.

Old Post 05-15-2017 07:43 AM
colsankey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for colsankey Click here to Send colsankey a Private Message Find more posts by colsankey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GenerationX
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.18
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Originally posted by colsankey
I love mine. Ended up with a Spigen case off Amazon, it does a decent job of protecting the back and sides, but a drop flat on the screen could cause an issue.

Same issue as the s7 edge, the curved edge makes an amazing screen but is difficult to protect. I think a simple ghost screen or similair sheet will be the best option.

Ive been ballsy, and leave it naked.

Ghost armor is great as usual, for some reason none of the Rogers seem to carry anything except that stupid Gadget Guard glass screen protector. It felt really good, but absolutely destroys the touch sensitivity so I had to return it afterwards.

Old Post 05-15-2017 03:42 PM
GenerationX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GenerationX Click here to Send GenerationX a Private Message Find more posts by GenerationX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
georgemagana
Neutral

What I drive: Evo, civic
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I had that issue with my S7 Edge until I tried the screen protector offered by Best Buy at the Geek Squad counter.

It is the only plastic that works on the curved edges. It is also $30 for life time replacements so a pretty good deal.

Old Post 05-15-2017 06:29 PM
georgemagana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for georgemagana Click here to Send georgemagana a Private Message Find more posts by georgemagana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Just curiosity, is there any Galaxy S8 out there at May 5 security patch level yet? Do they even show you at all?

If you do, did you buy it direct unlocked from Samsung or locked from carriers?

Sounds like AT&T in US is pretty good at doing updates and Samsung did promise monthly update for unlocked phones purchased direct from them. Not sure if they actually did implement what they promised.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/20...s-65-fixes.html

EDIT:

Talked to some Samsung owners, carrier provided phones (Telus and Rogers) updates only once or twice per year and not monthly. That's just poor. Anyone with unlocked phones can chime in on update experience?

Side question, who makes OLED screen phones that do update monthly besides BB Priv?

Last edited by Xtrema on 05-25-2017 at 05:52 PM

Old Post 05-24-2017 06:25 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 01:37 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Samsung Galaxy S8

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: