Quantcast
Scion FR-S Concept - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Scion FR-S Concept

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Really low drag-coef, and small frontal area means less hp needed to go faster. Top speed is rated at 143 mph ... all without grenading a driveshaft.

The Subaru limited number is probably true as it's based on what Subaru North America ordered. The factory is making ~100,000 units but Sub NA only believed they could sell 8000 or so. Ignoring the hype and the initial surge of sales, you don't want another RX-8 for the next 3 years.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by dimi

How long is that gonna take in an FRS?
    Depends how steep the hill is.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by dimi

How long is that gonna take in an FRS?
    At our altitude it will likely take a while. It's probably going to be pretty slow up here.

Probably takes the whole front straight at Race City before braking for Turn 1... too bad we don't have a track anymore. It would be a good platform to go road racing with. Am I the only one that thinks its not a bad deal at $26K???

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

my car hits the limiter around the 1/4 mile turn around loop on the front straight... this car probably wouldnt, it would be like all the hondas i pass around the 1/8th mile mark

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by cloud7
    Am I the only one that thinks its not a bad deal at $26K???
    No. I think it's a fair deal for the money. I think it's a great little car but in its current form it just doesn't have enough power for me. There's no way I could go from over 400HP to a 200HP N/A engine and not end up regretting it no matter how well the car handles. If they bump the power closer to 300HP then we would be talking but honestly I'm so impressed with my Mustang that I really don't have the urge to even think about changing cars.

My Ride

But a Mustang GT is such good bang for buck it's not really a fair comparison - IF that's what you like. Compares much better to a GC. You would hate a Miata or an Elise as well.

Realistically this is to try and snag a buyer looking at a tarted up Cruze, Civic or a Jetta/GTI who's willing to sacrifice some practicality for some RWD fun when no one's looking.

My Ride
    2013 Scion FR-S

Originally posted by heavyD

No. I think it's a fair deal for the money. I think it's a great little car but in its current form it just doesn't have enough power for me. There's no way I could go from over 400HP to a 200HP N/A engine and not end up regretting it no matter how well the car handles. If they bump the power closer to 300HP then we would be talking but honestly I'm so impressed with my Mustang that I really don't have the urge to even think about changing cars.
    Not that I can really relate--This would be a significant improvement from my Slowbalt LT--but I really don't have any use for two vehicles. I couldn't see myself wanting to drive this thing in our winters here (for a number of reasons). As much as I'd love a RWD summer vehicle, there's not justification currently. AWD or bust at this point. Hopefully I'll have a larger garage by the time this vehicle has been improved into an "STI" (for lack of a better term) model.

All said, I believe this car has tons of potential, especially in the realm of aftermarket. I'll be interested to see how quickly companies jump on board for developing upgrades.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Phl0xed

Not that I can really relate--This would be a significant improvement from my Slowbalt LT--but I really don't have any use for two vehicles. I couldn't see myself wanting to drive this thing in our winters here (for a number of reasons). As much as I'd love a RWD summer vehicle, there's not justification currently. AWD or bust at this point. Hopefully I'll have a larger garage by the time this vehicle has been improved into an "STI" (for lack of a better term) model.

All said, I believe this car has tons of potential, especially in the realm of aftermarket. I'll be interested to see how quickly companies jump on board for developing upgrades.
    RWD in the winter may not be for everyone but with good winter tires it's not really a big deal. I've done this winter on my Mustang and two on an MR2 Turbo making it to work every single day and never getting stuck or in accidents. I wouldn't take them into the mountains on a ski trip in a storm but honestly if you have the right tires and are a good attentive driver it's really a piece of cake.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

the RWD of today is MILES ahead of what it use to be, with all the electrical nannies on you wouldnt even know the difference.

My Ride
    2013 Scion FR-S

Fair enough! Though this "winter" we've had could have been done on summer tires. Haha.

I guess with all of this traction and stability control hoopla of the "electronic era", the lines get a bit grayer between FWD and RWD in the winter. Unless, of course, you decide to drive it like you stole it. Could cause some issues on the icy starts/stops. Haha.

Overall, I'm very intrigued to see the BRZ. I'll definitely be test-driving one this summer to see what all of the hype is about. Can't say I plan to purchase one any time soon though. However, I am glad to see more automakers entering into the RWD sports car market. Especially in the "affordable" range of things.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Phl0xed
    ... Unless, of course, you decide to drive it like you stole it. Could cause some issues on the icy starts/stops. Haha.
    i can put my foot flat to the floor right off the start... it wont do anything different than if i gave it 1/4 throttle

My Ride
    2013 Scion FR-S

American prices announced for the BRZ.

$25,495 for 6MT base model (+$750) for destination. (+$1350 above the FR-S)

Any bets on how badly we get the shaft by Subaru of Canada?

My Ride

I'm thinking they'll stick closer to the FR-S. Higher volume with the Toyota, and such minor differences...

Base BRZ has hids, nav, red stitching on the handbrake and a diff tach face, and a trunk liner (!!). If the US one is 1300~ then at most Sub Canada could get away with would be 2000.

So I'm gonna guess 27700 + 1695 freight for the base, and squeeze another 500-1000 for the top model (29,990+freight)

Interesting bit will be the deals/invoice pricing in a few months. Sad if the OTD price of a limited is cheaper than an FR-S.

I'm still not committing to anything until I drive it. At this alt maybe heavyD will be right and it won't feel fast enough. But then again after having a sportbike, most cars don't feel that fast.
    Last edited by Khyron; 04-05-2012 at 02:12 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

what about the new 2.0T Genesis? doesn't it have 270hp? and it will not suffer at altitude

looking forward to the C&D comparo

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    what about the new 2.0T Genesis? doesn't it have 270hp? and it will not suffer at altitude

looking forward to the C&D comparo
    once you get the track pack (which is your only option for getting an LSD in that bitch) you might as well just get a base mustang GT with what? 420hp for the new 2013s?

My Ride
    Silverado

base v8 mustang is 40. genesis with the track pack is 31? just went on their websites quick.

seems like the 2.0T is a good competitor for the v-6 and the toyobaru

My Ride

base v8 mustang is 40. genesis with the track pack is 31? just went on their websites quick.

And we don't get the v6 rspec up here, just the 2.0T rspec (the only one with lsd etc)

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Base V8 2012 mustang with ~410 hp is $33,600 right now (plus fees and tax). Ford always has good incentives on their cars.

If you want to compare 2013 GT Mustang its listed price is $40,500 all in, whereas Gen Coupe GT 2.0T is $34,500 all in. There is no doubt Ford is best bang for buck no matter how you look at it if you want power.

Also the new Genesis is awful inside. I think materials are even worse than previous gen.

Last edited by Aleks; 04-07-2012 at 08:57 AM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Aleks

Base V8 2012 mustang with ~410 hp is $33,600 right now (plus fees and tax). Ford always has good incentives on their cars.

Really? That's cheap for what you get!
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast