Quantcast
Scion FR-S Concept - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Scion FR-S Concept

My Ride
    FJC, S30

The guy who did the Bensopra body kit for the GTR is creating one with TRUST. Looks pretty badass
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Originally posted by Aleks

Base V8 2012 mustang with ~410 hp is $33,600 right now (plus fees and tax). Ford always has good incentives on their cars.

If you want to compare 2013 GT Mustang its listed price is $40,500 all in, whereas Gen Coupe GT 2.0T is $34,500 all in. There is no doubt Ford is best bang for buck no matter how you look at it if you want power.

Also the new Genesis is awful inside. I think materials are even worse than previous gen.

I really don't know what you are talking about saying the genesis is awful inside. I test drove the 2013 fully loaded 2.0T and it's way better than the mustang I drove the day before. I'd still buy the mustang tho.

My Ride
    12' Civic, 88' Prelude, 02' F350

Originally posted by That.Guy.S30
    The guy who did the Bensopra body kit for the GTR is creating one with TRUST. Looks pretty badass

Originally posted by georgemagana
    I really don't know what you are talking about saying the genesis is awful inside. I test drove the 2013 fully loaded 2.0T and it's way better than the mustang I drove the day before. I'd still buy the mustang tho.
    Really? I was appalled by the 2013 GC at the auto show. I much prefer the modern Mustang interior. Much.

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Originally posted by Mibz
    Really? I was appalled by the 2013 GC at the auto show. I much prefer the modern Mustang interior. Much.
    Yea the mustang is a better car overall period! I'd love to buy one in the next few years but I was really impressed by the gen coupe! Much much nicer than my evo for sure and a little nicer the mustang in my opinion.

^^ than brz looks bad ass!!

Originally posted by Aleks

Base V8 2012 mustang with ~410 hp is $33,600 right now (plus fees and tax). Ford always has good incentives on their cars.

If you want to compare 2013 GT Mustang its listed price is $40,500 all in, whereas Gen Coupe GT 2.0T is $34,500 all in. There is no doubt Ford is best bang for buck no matter how you look at it if you want power.

Also the new Genesis is awful inside. I think materials are even worse than previous gen.

That is a good deal and the 2012 mustangs look better than the 2013's imo. The only benefit the 13's have is standard hid's and the factory recaro option .

Can someone recommend me a FORD salesperson in the NW / NE area?

Thanks

Last edited by Cos; 12-20-2016 at 11:45 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Cos

Go to Cam Clark in Airdrie. Stay away from Universal on Barlow.
    Why not Universal? Not that I don't believe you as they fucked me around. Last year I ordered my 2012 in February and it was supposed to be delivered late April. Well of course there were delays that pushed it into May so I was getting a little impatient. I emailed my salesman and he said the car would be in middle of May but 2nd week of May I called up Ford and they had told me the car was delivered two days ago WTF? I call the salesman and he gives me this BS "I was out of the office sick with food poisining and didn't know it was in BS". Meanwhile my brand new from the factory Mustang has 120 km's on the odometer (our last 3 new vehicles didn't have 50 km's combined on the odometer). I have no doubt my salesman was driving it for a couple of days as he was a big Mustang fan and my car was the first 2012 to be delivered to the dealership. I raised a big stink with Ford Canada but it got me nothing but a free oil change so Universal Ford has joined Honda West and Sunridge Mazda as dealerships I will never buy from again.
    Last edited by heavyD; 04-09-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Last edited by Cos; 12-20-2016 at 11:45 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Finally! Got to interact with the actual model!

Just got back from the New York Auto Show where they had the actual models on display for people to try out. I was waiting for this moment for a long while...especially since I am actually considering a purchase. Jumped in the car and the first thing you notice is that it has a great driving position. It feels like a sporty car from the inside. The shifter, controls, seats, guages etc. are all in perfect place. This car felt so right, without even moving an inch. I was ready to sign the dotted line...till I took notice of the rest of the car. This model is completely stripped down. Since it falls under the Scion badge, they expect you to customize everything. The knobs and stereo felt outdated and boring as heck. No push start, no navi, no aux plug-in...no ounce of creature comforts that should come with the most basic of new cars. The drivability reviews have all been positive for this car, and that may be true. Strictly from a driver's perspective, it felt like it was ready for the track, as long as you don't need it to do anything but that. For everyday driving the little luxuries will be missed especially when you pay around $27,000. Therefore I did not sign the dotted line...

...then I saw the BRZ!. This car had everything that the FRS was missing. All the great drivability with a decent interior. Knobs are replaced by aesthetically pleasing switches. It has voice-navi, aux, HID, Bluetooth, 8 speakers on the base model. The limited gets the key-less and push start, climate control, heated seats and mirrors, fog lights and a decent spoiler. The limited goes for ~$1500 more than the FRS but is so much better.

Overall, I will not be an early adopter till I drive one and wait for owner reviews to come in. I will partially jump on the "FuckthisFRS" bandwagon till the entire option list is provided. For the time being, I am definitely impressed by the BRZ trim.

Pictures from the rest of the showing coming soon:
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/351839/ne...uto-show-2012/

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

So prox start, autoclimate, nav, a wing, and leather seats make it a better daily driver?

I have autoclimate in my Santa and I'm still always fiddling with it. 3 dials for me! The base stereo actually has buttons and knobs instead of sliding around on a touch screen (again, sign me up - if I hate it I'll buy aftermarket). It does have aux/usb/bluetooth standard though.

I agree about the seat fabric but again, time will tell. If it's lame in 2-3 years, aftermarket seats are a click away.

Still agree though, have to test drive before committing. GC and mustang GT are out.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    2013 Scion FR-S

I'm glad that I'm not alone in my initial impressions between the BRZ and FR-S. For an extra $1500 I'd be all over the BRZ instead.

I think more than anything I'm just upset that Toyota didn't bring the GT86 out under the Toyota badge here. Very minor, obviously. I think it's just my OCD talking in that scenario. Haha. Also, there's something about the minor difference to the FR-S front bumper/headlights that I just don't like.

Still waiting to hear the Canadian mark-up on the Subie! Looking forward to seeing your photos from the show.

My Ride
    has darth kitty

dunno if anyones updated but price is now 25,990

link
    Last edited by Rhystar; 04-10-2012 at 07:07 PM.
    poop

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Rhystar
    dunno if anyones updated but price is now 25,990

link
    Thats not too bad
    $27,485 w/ freight pdi, geneses coupe starts at
    $26,464 w/ freight pdi

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

BRZ pricing - $27,275 manual
    $28,495 - auto

Sport-tech Package - $29,295 manual
    $30,495 - auto

http://www.autos.ca/general-news/sub...cing-announced

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

That's pretty fair pricing IMO.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Wow, that's pretty close to the US margin, though with the FR-S they didn't have much choice. Going to be a bit harder to justify WRX markup I suspect.

1500 and change over the FR-S for hid/mid grade seats, 3500 over for hids/leather/prox key/auto climate.

Limited avail for awhile so I suspect we'll see some major dealer "market adjustments"?
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    2013 Scion FR-S

Very reasonable pricing, Subaru. Well played. For once, I don't feel like we got the short end up the stick for the "Canadian market premium".

I'm aware what this thread is, but I just test drove a '13 GC 2.0T Premium and wanted to share.

The interior is WAY better in black than the shit they had at the car show. It looks respectable in black and a big improvement from the '12s. It was quickish. I wanted a RWD Neon SRT-4. I didn't get it. Throttle response was crap, not as much low end. The shifting sucked. Going into 2nd was a chore.

It felt pretty good in the corners though. I had a lot of fun with it. It looks really good in white, also much better than the show car.

Depending on price I'd probably buy this over a V6 Mustang right now. Maybe it was the 200lb salesman that was in the car with me, but the Mustang just wasn't as fun to zip around in. Visibility and seating position in the Genesis are much better too.

Once I drive a BRZ I'll come in with my comparison :P

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 ... LastLast