Quantcast
Scion FR-S Concept - Page 21 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Scion FR-S Concept

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

Originally posted by Errol.
    Well just took one out today. Pretty disappointed with the power. Handling is great. Steering feels nice and predictable. Interior is average. The one i drove had the upgraded headunit and worked okay. Back seats are small but useable if you have to fit someone under 5'6" and a short person up front also. Still can't get over the power though. 200hp and felt slower than a civic si or a vw gti. If they decide to bring out a turbo version with more power this is a car i'd be interested in purchasing.
    You mean it didn't induce driving nirvana like all the journalist's spout..."handling like a Porsche Cayman".

I knew it was going to be an issue with a lack of power as without having a racetrack here, it really comes down to it only being a daily driver with a every now and again weekend mountain outing.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Errol.
    Well just took one out today. Pretty disappointed with the power. Handling is great. Steering feels nice and predictable. Interior is average. The one i drove had the upgraded headunit and worked okay. Back seats are small but useable if you have to fit someone under 5'6" and a short person up front also. Still can't get over the power though. 200hp and felt slower than a civic si or a vw gti. If they decide to bring out a turbo version with more power this is a car i'd be interested in purchasing.
    Yeah the lack of power is going to be a hurdle especially at this altitude. Unfortunately I believe a lot of potential buyers may hold off in hopes of a more powerful update.

My Ride
    Has AWD

If they make a more powerful model in a few years the now current models will hopefully sell used for a cheep price once the more powerful model lands.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Just got back from my drive, loved it. Daughter fit in her kid seat behind me - had to move up 1 click over where I'd be on a road course. 30 inseam.

Car had no issues zipping up to 140 with passengers, but definitely not a push-you-back torque monster. Perfect driving position, dead flat on hard turns and the TC came on a few times having a bit of fun. Noise was good, and road/wind noise at 130 was fine (even if the car was at 3000 rpm).

Watched 2 other people sign papers while I was waiting. I have a deposit down for a car arriving in a month, but will test drive again without the kiddo to be sure.

Next will be signing up for the CSCC road classes.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Lack of power for the BRZ in Calgary altitude? WEIRD! lol it makes 160whp in Calgary, if that.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Good comparison between the Mustang V6 and BRZ;

Subaru BRZ vs Ford Mustang! - Head 2 Head Episode 7 - YouTube

My Ride

Originally posted by heavyD
    Good comparison between the Mustang V6 and BRZ;

Subaru BRZ vs Ford Mustang! - Head 2 Head Episode 7 - YouTube
    That's a good review. I thought it would be an even bigger difference. No denying the mustang (especially GT) is great bang for buck, if the size is right.

Definitely a good time to be a car enthusiast.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    Lack of power for the BRZ in Calgary altitude? WEIRD! lol it makes 160whp in Calgary, if that.
    You can say that pretty much about every car in Calgary that's not turbo/SC or V8.

My Ride
    has darth kitty

definitely want to see the brz vs gen coupe 2.0t r-spec... same price tag
    poop

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Originally posted by Aleks

You can say that pretty much about every car in Calgary that's not turbo/SC or V8.
    What??

Thanks for the review heavyD.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

So I was at a Toyota event today. The production #1 for North America was handed over to its owner. I took the video with my iphone so quality is mediocre. The first 86 early batch get a special carbon fiber license plate frame that is numbered to signify that it's the first batch. I think they got something else too but wasn't paying attention

My Ride

Originally posted by georgemagana

What??

Thanks for the review heavyD.
    Just saying NA 4 and 6 cylinders are slow up here.

I don't understand why people expect BRZ to be a fast car.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Aleks

Just saying NA 4 and 6 cylinders are slow up here.

I don't understand why people expect BRZ to be a fast car.
    People shouldn't expect it to be a fast car but it's possible the positive reviews may make people think that lack of power is an issue that they will be able to overlook. IMO the lack of power wouldn't be an issue on the track as you can fling the car around and exploit its handling capabilities. However on the street in stop and go traffic where the majority of these cars will spend their time it's probably going to be underwhelming for some especially those who have become accustomed to WRX and MS3 straight line performance. Randy Probst in that video kept making comments about how the engine lacked the extra pop of an Acura VTEC engine. That's not a good sign.

Personally I hope the car is successful and sells well enough to sustain itself as I'm a car fan and it's important that cars like this remain viable to thwart manufacturers from spending all their focus and resources on SUV/CUV's.

My Ride

My Jetta is 200/230tq, I drove a 330 all yesterday before the test drive, and my SUV is 275hp - I did not find the FR-S remotely slow on the test drive in traffic, and that was with the sales guy and kid in the car as well.

The Ford Fiesta, and Hyundai Elantra bugged me power-wise when I drove them. I found the Sonata (non turbo, 200 hp) was also more than fast enough as a rental (again for city driving, not racecar)

Speaking of which, the guys that took it out after me? Drifted into a curb and broke it. IDIOTS.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by Khyron
    Speaking of which, the guys that took it out after me? Drifted into a curb and broke it. IDIOTS.

My Ride

Yah that was the only one - so no FR-S drives for 2-3 weeks while scion Canada sources another unit. Henninger just called to cancel my Sat drive.

If this is a sign of the initial D idiots that are going to be driving these cars, I think insurance rates might end up being the deciding factor for a lot of people.

And if the guy who crashed it is reading - YOU STUPID DONKEY!

My Ride
    DC2

Just got back from my drive, loved it. Daughter fit in her kid seat behind me - had to move up 1 click over where I'd be on a road course. 30 inseam.

Car had no issues zipping up to 140 with passengers, but definitely not a push-you-back torque monster. Perfect driving position, dead flat on hard turns and the TC came on a few times having a bit of fun. Noise was good, and road/wind noise at 130 was fine (even if the car was at 3000 rpm).

Watched 2 other people sign papers while I was waiting. I have a deposit down for a car arriving in a month, but will test drive again without the kiddo to be sure.

Next will be signing up for the CSCC road classes.
    Only thing i don't agree with you is the wind noise. At about 110 my passenger in the rear complained about wind noise. I didn't notice anything before it was mentioned but after it really became annoying.

Originally posted by heavyD

People shouldn't expect it to be a fast car but it's possible the positive reviews may make people think that lack of power is an issue that they will be able to overlook. IMO the lack of power wouldn't be an issue on the track as you can fling the car around and exploit its handling capabilities. However on the street in stop and go traffic where the majority of these cars will spend their time it's probably going to be underwhelming for some especially those who have become accustomed to WRX and MS3 straight line performance. Randy Probst in that video kept making comments about how the engine lacked the extra pop of an Acura VTEC engine. That's not a good sign.

Personally I hope the car is successful and sells well enough to sustain itself as I'm a car fan and it's important that cars like this remain viable to thwart manufacturers from spending all their focus and resources on SUV/CUV's.
    On the track i bet this would be an amazing car. But as you said street driving with it is kind of a let down. Especially that it will be mostly used on the street for 99% of buyers.

Was this at south point toyota? If so i'm glad I went in the morning. Although when I was there there were 3 other people trying to test drive it and I was the only one with an appointment. Very poor planning by the dealership.

My Ride
    Has AWD

Ok, somebody fess up, who curbed it? Thats brutal, u dont curb the car during a test drive, Thats just silly

Originally posted by MGCM
    Ok, somebody fess up, who curbed it? Thats brutal, u dont curb the car during a test drive, Thats just silly
    Yeah, much better to wait until you own it :P

My Ride

Originally posted by MGCM
    Especially one with 150 ft-lbs of tq

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast