Quantcast
Scion FR-S Concept - Page 22 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Scion FR-S Concept

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Aleks

Especially one with 150 ft-lbs of tq
    Probably plenty enough to break traction on Prius tires.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...?t=5716&page=3
    there is a pic of the damage. Looks like minor but all the damage is behind the wheels.
    drifting around a traffic circle!!!

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Damage doesn't look like as bad as I expected.

Yeah, I was expecting torn bumper, totally caved in, possibly broken, wheel.

So what happened? The rear swung around and he hit the center curb?

no idea what happened. All i know is someone tried drifting it around a traffic circle and never made it.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

The pass front hit first, so the strut is probably bent (pulls hard right), and the back slide in after scuffing up the rear wheel. Probably no axle/rear damage other than the wheel. Problem is no one has parts, so they gotta wait.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Is a salesman present with the test drives and if so do they encourage this type of driving? Not typically the type of manouver pulled on a new car test drive with a salesman present.

The perpetrator needs to be identified to go up on some wall of shame as there's nothing like showing off your amazing drift skills with a low volume test driver mule.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Zephyr

So I was at a Toyota event today. The production #1 for North America was handed over to its owner. I took the video with my iphone so quality is mediocre. The first 86 early batch get a special carbon fiber license plate frame that is numbered to signify that it's the first batch. I think they got something else too but wasn't paying attention

Looks good in white.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

^^ I think it came with a custom fitted car cover as well!

Cool wide body render:

Last edited by Modelexis; 05-07-2012 at 11:41 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    370Z Roadster

I really like this car. I think it looks great, is the right size/weight, and ticks all the right boxes.

As far as power, I think they got it just right. A car like this is supposed to be about getting every ounce of driving pleasure and dynamics out of the car, not boy racer dreams of doing highway pulls next to your buddy's 350Z on Saturday nights. Hopefully this keeps a lot of those types from buying them, and more real car enthusiasts will buy them.

A real car enthusiast knows there's more to driving pleasure than pure horsepower. Power to weight is more important, with light weight trumping overall power IMO.

Almost everyone that's actually driven the car says it feels quick. I know I've driven many really fast cars that felt quite slow, and some slower cars that felt much quicker.

I think it comes down to having more fun driving a slower car fast than a faster car slower (than it's capabilities). The most fun car I've ever driven and owned wasn't all that fast (a ~180BHP 1973 Datsun 240Z with triple Webber carbs, cams and exhaust - roughly 2,400lbs). I've driven much more powerful cars, but none were as fun, tossable and satisfying to drive as that.

TRD should provide good aftermarket support for this car as well, so for those looking for an extra little bump in power they can probably get it there while keeping the warranty.

The V6 Mustang does make a strong argument against this car, but in that Head 2 Head, 1.5s per lap is NOT that much over that track - especially considering the 105BHP difference. That by itself is testament to how well this car handles.

This video does make one hell of an argument for the V6 Mustang though...who knew they could sound so damn good!

http://youtu.be/TyJCVQuyWVw

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by mslbebiz

The V6 Mustang does make a strong argument against this car, but in that Head 2 Head, 1.5s per lap is NOT that much over that track - especially considering the 105BHP difference. That by itself is testament to how well this car handles.

This video does make one hell of an argument for the V6 Mustang though...who knew they could sound so damn good!

http://youtu.be/TyJCVQuyWVw
    1.5s is a lot on a track, but also i doubt that they had a mustang that had the limiter removed. i bet that makes a big difference too as the v6 is limited to 180km/h and it doesnt take that long of a straight to hit that

Originally posted by ercchry

1.5s is a lot on a track, but also i doubt that they had a mustang that had the limiter removed. i bet that makes a big difference too as the v6 is limited to 180km/h and it doesnt take that long of a straight to hit that
    what do u know about tracks. the only thing u know how to do is slide off them.

My Ride

Originally posted by ercchry

If they'd removed the limiter the drive shaft would have exploded.

My Ride
    NC1

Finally saw a white FR-S last night. I was merging Glenmore West to Deerfoot North and looked on the right hand side next to Lafarge and one of the trucks were unloading one.

Not bad.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Exploded.

I'll definitely wait for used ones on the market for a project car.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride

Dealers have a new tester making the rounds (white manual). Taking it out again tomorrow.

My Ride
    growls

Here she is at work. It's the demo from Ontario. South Pointe, you're not getting this one!!

Well my buddy and I are booked in to drive it this afternoon. I'm pretty stoked.

Jesus, the car is here and it's still all hype. The test drive was less than 10 minutes and a set route. Couldn't take the car over 60 thanks to traffic and when I took a corner at 7/10 with TC on the salesman gave me shit.

The seating, steering, clutch and shifting were all fantastic. Way better than both the GC and Mustang. The suspension was decent at the low speeds we were doing. It was firm but not spine shattering. Not being able to push the car or go fast means that's about all I can say. Definitely felt sportier than the GC I drove, but I'd love to compare it to the R-Spec.

It's slow. It's not the pig I thought it would be, but it's slow. Throttle response is nice and it still chirped the tires going into 2nd though. I couldn't even get into 5th gear, let alone try highway acceleration, so I don't know how it would handle that.

The interior is terrible. Period. The clock is an embarrassment. The touch buttons are dated. Steering wheel was nice though :P

Lastly, my salesman wanted a fist bump as I left. That was weird as hell.

In the end, I don't know what to say. I didn't really get to test drive the car thanks to the dickbags who crashed the last one. I -can- tell you that it doesn't handle like a Cayman at lower speeds, but that was an impossible bar to reach in the first place. I would definitely like to drive one once they start allowing more freedom on the test drives. Or maybe if a Beyond owner wants to share :P

For those wondering, the route was:
    MacLeod N
    Spiller
    25th
    Highfield
    Blackfoot
    42nd
    MacLeod

EDIT: Oh, you might wanna know that my ~6'5" buddy managed to fit with no problems. His hair was touching the ceiling but he says it wasn't uncomfortable at all.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 LastLast