Quantcast
Sirius in Car Issue - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Sirius in Car Issue

Default Sirius in Car Issue

So recently in my car I have been getting sound alright from my Sirius radio but I get no artist or song information. I can push "replay" and go backwards based on the songs that are played, but I can't see any names. I have googled extensively looking for a solution and have no idea.

Anyone seen this before?

My Ride
    Can't driver because I'm legally blind

call sirius and have them try a reset

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Small hijack - but I had no idea how expensive this service was. I am on a 3 month trial but holy shit $16-$22mo? Unlimited subscriptions from Google, Spotify, etc. are all much cheaper, allow downloads, and have no commercials. So far I have found XM riddled with advertisements/commercials, and the comedy channels I was listening to and really liked at first (so much I was actually considering paying the outrageous subscription fee) recycle the same comedy bits over and over several times a week. Sometimes I go to a channel and it's not even broadcasting what it should be, it's just pure advertisements. Am I just on the wrong channels or is that what it's like? I assumed this was a $3.99/mo type deal.

My Ride
    is broken

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Small hijack - but I had no idea how expensive this service was. I am on a 3 month trial but holy shit $16-$22mo? Unlimited subscriptions from Google, Spotify, etc. are all much cheaper, allow downloads, and have no commercials. So far I have found XM riddled with advertisements/commercials, and the comedy channels I was listening to and really liked at first (so much I was actually considering paying the outrageous subscription fee) recycle the same comedy bits over and over several times a week. Sometimes I go to a channel and it's not even broadcasting what it should be, it's just pure advertisements. Am I just on the wrong channels or is that what it's like? I assumed this was a $3.99/mo type deal.
    Not to mention the quality is right shit. The 32 to 64 Kbps sounds worse than a decent FM station.

Had them reset it and it works fine now.

As for price... I just don't renew when it comes up and let them call me 4 or 5 times before I answer and they give a good deal like $40 or $45 for 6 months which I'll then renew.

As for google and such, I don't have a great data plan and don't have time to sit around and build/download playlists so I don't see any value in those services.

Yeah I noticed the quality was very poor - on a decent stereo you can tell it's nowhere near as good as Google Play Music, at least to my ears. It also takes 50% more volume input for the same sound level.

I don't stream on Google Play either, it's so easy to download playlists, albums, or automatically made playlists, I haven't had to use any data at all. You just click on a song you like, have it auto-generate a playlist of similar music, and hit the download button. Been working great for me so far anyway and requires no time or effort. I've also found it to be a fantastic way of discovering new music/artists.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-20-2017 at 11:57 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

From 2011...

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/344837/un...-sirius-today/

Funny how I replaced it with Pandora at the time, early days of streaming radio, and now it's a de facto standard with Spotify, Apple Music offering $10/month subs, better features, better curation, better everything at a fraction of the cost. I'm surprised the whole satellite radio business model still works. Only thing I miss really is Howard Stern, maybe people are still paying to listen to him.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Only reason why I still have sat radio is only due to the fact that I have a lifetime sub. But totally agreed... would not pay a monthly fee for the current offerings.