Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > smart LED bulbs - Colour changing - Wifi controllable

Author
Thread
bball2
First Gear

What I drive: Honda Accord
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (89)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

What else do you guys have at home that are smart / wifi controlled?

Added a nest recently and was looking at the Serena motorized blinds as well.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-26-2016 11:48 PM
bball2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bball2 Click here to Send bball2 a Private Message Find more posts by bball2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Thermostat, dimmers and Serena shades.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/396913/d...-apple-homekit/

The Serena shades are the best investment I've made. Cut down so much on A/C usage. I tried calling all 3 local distributors and they were useless and didn't want to sell them. If you call Serena shades directly they have CDN$ prices to the door, you can ask for a volume discount of 30%, and the shipping is relatively cheap. Takes about a month from order to delivery.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 05-27-2016 02:05 AM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustinMCS
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I have the WINK system, I have sensors on all my doors and windows, I have automated sequences that happen. I have the front door lock keypad, if the front door is closed for longer than 10 mins, it locks it if its not locked. Things like that. Every light in my place is on a Caseta in wall dimmer, have philips hue, have go control alarm, nest thermostat, nest protect smoke detector, touchscreen on the wall, ring video doorbell, and they're all connected, etc etc. lol. its fun.

Old Post 05-27-2016 04:05 AM
JustinMCS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustinMCS Click here to Send JustinMCS a Private Message Find more posts by JustinMCS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

You have a beyonder to thank for WINK. The project was founded by E36M3.

I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 05-27-2016 04:51 AM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustinMCS
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by rage2
You have a beyonder to thank for WINK. The project was founded by E36M3.

Lol really? Ben Kaufman? Cool beans. Wink is getting better and better, although he stepped down. Neat to see DIY home automation become THE thing.

Old Post 05-27-2016 05:29 AM
JustinMCS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustinMCS Click here to Send JustinMCS a Private Message Find more posts by JustinMCS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bball2
First Gear

quote:

Picked up some GE light bulbs from home depot (50%+ sale - $10/ea and the starter kit was $30 - lots left at the Marlborough location), here's the links from the US site (couldn't find them on the Canadian site):

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Link-...-SKIT/205311040

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Link-...-SW27/205404345

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Link-...-SW27/205404353

Apparently there's a way you can get them to work with homekit / hue hub, going to try to get that working this weekend.

Old Post 05-27-2016 06:51 PM
bball2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bball2 Click here to Send bball2 a Private Message Find more posts by bball2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

Originally posted by JustinMCS
Lol really? Ben Kaufman? Cool beans. Wink is getting better and better, although he stepped down. Neat to see DIY home automation become THE thing.

No, not Ben.

Originally posted by bball2
Apparently there's a way you can get them to work with homekit / hue hub, going to try to get that working this weekend.

You just connect it to Hue hub as a bulb and it acts like a hue bulb minus the color change.

Old Post 05-27-2016 07:32 PM
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.96
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

$10/each? That's $4 cheaper than the Hue bulbs I bought. I might grab a couple more to change the ceiling fan and kitchen lighting.

Old Post 05-27-2016 08:18 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bball2
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by flipstah
$10/each? That's $4 cheaper than the Hue bulbs I bought. I might grab a couple more to change the ceiling fan and kitchen lighting.

Finally got around to installing everything with the new hue bridge 2.0 and the GE lights, but unfortunately the work around for getting third party lights to work with siri no longer works. Things still work from within the hue app, but only the hue bulbs respond to siri.

Going to end up returning all the GE bulbs to home depot / picking up some philips a19 from best buy (didn't realize they dropped in price down to $15, for $5 more per bulb, might as well get something that works straight out of the box)

Old Post 06-04-2016 10:07 PM
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.96
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Bump. Any leads on strips that would work on HUE?

Old Post 05-18-2017 05:13 AM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:58 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > smart LED bulbs - Colour changing - Wifi controllable

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: