Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Social Media for small business....

Author
Thread
R-Audi
Second Gear

What I drive: GX470
Posts/Day: 0.42
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 95%

Social Media for small business.... quote:

For those of you with your own small business, how many of you handle your own social media vs paying someone else to do it? While I am sure there are a few tricks of the trade, Im not sure how to justify paying the cost of hiring it out.
Background... working with a company that is rebranding.. and had little to no social media presence prior.

Thoughts? Refferals on companies that do it?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-28-2017 05:59 PM
R-Audi is online now Click Here to See the Profile for R-Audi Click here to Send R-Audi a Private Message Find more posts by R-Audi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

We've been talking about it, the benefit is mostly for audience building vs content

I have a friend who owns https://gatherr.ca/ so that will probably be what we try out once we pull the trigger

Old Post 03-28-2017 06:06 PM
ercchry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

I use linkedin exclusively for my business, but then again, I don't really need to reach "everyone" with my content. We are an O&G training/advisory consulting business, and I do find linkedin effective for my desired audience.
Have used hootsuite a little for scheduling posts. Don't like how it formats a few things, so I manually post most of the updates.

Old Post 03-28-2017 06:19 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R-Audi
Second Gear

quote:

I should expand on the business a bit more..

We are a Business Centre (rent out full service individual offices and suites) that has recently added a coworking space to one of our locations. All other competitors in the coworking space have large social media platforms, but also are geared more towards the tech/startup/artsy where we are going for the downtown professional type crowd. We are doing a full rebrand with new website etc and want to make sure all of our basis are covered...

Old Post 03-28-2017 06:47 PM
R-Audi is online now Click Here to See the Profile for R-Audi Click here to Send R-Audi a Private Message Find more posts by R-Audi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cycosis
Second Gear

What I drive: 2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

What social media channels are you looking into? What are your goals?

I tried outsourcing a couple of times but it always seemed to come up short. In the end, as the owner, you will know your business and customer better than anyone else. You will be able to create your own content that is rich and specific as opposed to explaining it in depth to someone else and hoping for the best.

When I get a bit more budget room, I will be bringing on someone full time who will live and breath my business. Before that happens, its just way faster doing it myself.

Facecrack has worked wonders for us.

1968 Impala: Status: Stored for restoration
1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Status: Sold
1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Status: Sold
2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Status: Crusing
2000 Bluebird TC2000: Deconstruction phase of skoolie build

Old Post 03-28-2017 07:30 PM
cycosis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cycosis Click here to Send cycosis a Private Message Find more posts by cycosis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by R-Audi
I should expand on the business a bit more..

We are a Business Centre (rent out full service individual offices and suites) that has recently added a coworking space to one of our locations. All other competitors in the coworking space have large social media platforms, but also are geared more towards the tech/startup/artsy where we are going for the downtown professional type crowd. We are doing a full rebrand with new website etc and want to make sure all of our basis are covered...

That does sound like the kind of business that could benefit from a social media presence.

I can give you some idea on the linkedin side of things. Buy me a coffee and I'll tell you what I know. For the rest of it, I'm not an expert.

Old Post 03-28-2017 07:44 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

I'll echo what others have said- in my experience, the most effective social media campaigns are the ones that you own. You know your business better than anyone else.

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. Learn more @ SimplifiedSEO.com (website under dev).

Old Post 03-29-2017 01:54 AM
A790 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DJ_NAV
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

Link for company? interested in product/service you have.

Old Post 03-29-2017 02:46 AM
DJ_NAV is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_NAV Click here to Send DJ_NAV a Private Message Find more posts by DJ_NAV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R-Audi
Second Gear

quote:

I dont think I can post the website with Beyond advertising rules... pm me for info. (I couldnt pm you)

Old Post 03-29-2017 03:11 PM
Mar
Second Gear

What I drive: 2015 Hyundai Veloster
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 88%

quote:

Let someone else do it, seriously. I use a great company Simply Elaborate out of Ontario, the girl is amazing.

Originally posted by Go4Long
or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
you do realize this is the internet right? lol

Originally posted by rob the knob
mar, you are good guy at heart
you must realize your limitations
then you will be happy if you fine place in live

Originally posted by blitz
Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Old Post 03-29-2017 09:50 PM
Mar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mar Click here to Send Mar a Private Message Find more posts by Mar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R-Audi
Second Gear

quote:

I had a quick chat with the group that handles our SEO and website, and they recommended to handle our own Social Media accounts, and they would help out with tips. Once we are talking Social Media advertising (FB, Linkedin, Instagram) he said it would be more worth our time to pay someone.

Came down to that you cant see an actual ROI on Social media items (regular accounts) but you can gain a lot of views. In his mind it made more sense to spend money on things that you can actually track activity and click rates etc. Highly reccomended a blog... so we will see how that goes.

Old Post 03-29-2017 10:52 PM
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Originally posted by R-Audi
I had a quick chat with the group that handles our SEO and website, and they recommended to handle our own Social Media accounts, and they would help out with tips. Once we are talking Social Media advertising (FB, Linkedin, Instagram) he said it would be more worth our time to pay someone.

Came down to that you cant see an actual ROI on Social media items (regular accounts) but you can gain a lot of views. In his mind it made more sense to spend money on things that you can actually track activity and click rates etc. Highly reccomended a blog... so we will see how that goes.

It's the right approach. Google is shifting local results to sites that have quality content and presence in the region. Having a blog that you fill with good content is a pretty easy way to improve organic traffic and boost overall SEO (so long as you post good content).

I've found that an active social media presence is beneficial for content sites more than it is for small businesses... unless it makes sense that the small business would have a larger social media following (like a design firm or something).

I mean, let's be real: nobody cares about a roofing company's facebook page. That money is better invested in PPC or re-marketing campaigns to supplement the PPC.

However, when I ran WYCA, and with some of my other content properties, I've found that even a moderate social media presence can really help with rankings.

Sorry, tangent.

TL;DR - Your web/SEO people have you pretty good advice. Do the blog.

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. Learn more @ SimplifiedSEO.com (website under dev).

Old Post 03-30-2017 12:07 AM
A790 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 07:47 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Social Media for small business....

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: