Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Social media - how many and how much?

Author
Thread
msommers
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 10' 4Runner SR5
Posts/Day: 1.39
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Yeah IG can be really annoying depending on what you follow. It's either hot chicks selling you clothes or protein powder, or "adventurers/explorers" who have never ventured further than a parking lot that also wants to be sponsored by Arc'teryx.

Don't use Twitter although from a business perspective I'm told it's one of the best platforms.

LinkedIn I don't even use, really don't know why I have a profile.

Facebook is great for news and also organizing events. I love group chats too.

I spend way too much time on various forums, just reading about things in the photography and audio world. Which probably plays a big role on persuading me that I should also buy that thing(s)!

Time away from the internet always feels quite relieving and yet I keep crawling back like a sucker

#Internetaddict

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-11-2017 10:20 PM
msommers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msommers Click here to Send msommers a Private Message Find more posts by msommers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

D'z Nutz
Super Moderator

What I drive: Southerners out of the North
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (122)
User Rating: 111%

quote:

Originally posted by msommers
Time away from the internet always feels quite relieving and yet I keep crawling back like a sucker

"I wonder what the guys on Beyond are arguing about right now.

I better go find some wifi and give my input."

Old Post 05-11-2017 10:41 PM
D'z Nutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D'z Nutz Click here to Send D'z Nutz a Private Message Visit D'z Nutz's homepage! Find more posts by D'z Nutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Abeo
First Gear

What I drive: KTM200XCW/S13/4WD/Daily
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 110%

quote:

FB - only because I can find people selling car parts, and a handful of friends scattered across the planet that are hard to keep track of otherwise
Forums - meh. I use forums for the topic they exist (ie, Beyond because its a car forum? )
IG - have it as a car project blog thing. Neat to look at other people's projects. I'm annoyed by their algorithm that thinks I'm either a gun nut or a vegan.
Linkedin - have it, rarely look at it. Don't care.

I'm tired of echo chambers, cliques, and flexing.... and the social media algorithms are getting horribly intrusive, so I'm getting away from social media.

Old Post 05-11-2017 10:50 PM
Abeo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Abeo Click here to Send Abeo a Private Message Find more posts by Abeo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SKR
First Gear

What I drive: Trucks and junk
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I got onto Linkedin because the girl geo on one of my rigs was fucking the MWD on one of my other rigs, and I wanted to creep her pictures on Facebook or wherever but I only knew her first name and who she worked for. And you had to join Linkedin to really do some detailed searching. But then I got paranoid that it would show who's been reading her profile, and through some serious CSI detevective work she'd figure out it was me and why I was doing it, and I'd be known on all my rigs as being a Grade A Creeper. Accurate as it would be, I didn't want that. So now I might as well shitcan my account.

I did mention to the company man that if she needs a guy who knows not to fuck on location (because they did and both almost got skidded because of it) to give her my number, but apparently she didn't need that because she hasn't called yet.

Last edited by SKR on 05-12-2017 at 12:56 AM

Old Post 05-12-2017 12:13 AM
SKR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SKR Click here to Send SKR a Private Message Find more posts by SKR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Instagram: freedom to be a douche without cluttering up FB

FB: friends and family, more personal stuff... also messenger is great for keeping in touch and planning real life events... car groups are fucking painful and full of illiterate high school dropouts

Twatter: never understood the point, never even signed up

LinkedIn: on it, but also pointless

Snapchat: really don't get it, have it but rarely even respond to people's snaps

Beyond: it just works, great local news source too

For useage it's got to be a tie between insta and beyond at 80% of my idle time, with FB getting a daily scan unless I'm getting notifications about something

Old Post 05-12-2017 12:22 AM
ercchry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:13 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Social media - how many and how much?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: