Quantcast
Spotted: Bunch of Ferraris, Enzo, Mc12 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spotted: Bunch of Ferraris, Enzo, Mc12

My Ride
    reebok Jams

i will have more photos comming but all in all what ended up showing up were:

Ferrari Enzo FXX kit
    Ferrari F430 Novitec
    Ferrari F430
    Ferrari 360 Modena Novatec
    Ferrari 360 Modena
    Ferrari 360 Modena
    Maserati MC12
    Lotus Esprit V8 Twin turbo
    Dodge Viper

and two more F430`s, and a Shelby Cobra.
    Last edited by jdm_eg6; 07-26-2009 at 10:34 PM.

RIDES: 94' EH2: Sold, 98' DC4 sold, 93 S13 sold, 93 S14 the lead sled

1992 Honda EG6 SiR for sale!:ONLY! $4900.00Message me for more info!

My Ride
    V167

Originally posted by rage2

Other than those FXX winglets on the back, I don't really see what makes it "FXX specs". Was there engine work on it?
    Yeah its modified by "Edo Competition".
    http://www.carzi.com/2008/05/27/edo-...-enzo-ferrari/

"The Edo Competition Enzo Ferrari launches from 0-100km/h in just 3.5 seconds, hitting 200km/h after 9.5 seconds and 300km/h at 22 seconds flat. New Maximum speed lies at 370 km/h (230mph).

The power has increased to about 700 hp thanks to new exhaust headers like on the Ferrari FXX, high-flow catalytic converter, performance muffler, modified intake with ram-air system and high-flow air filters and ECU recalibration.

Special lightweight wheels with Michelin tires
    Front: 10 x 19 with 265/35 ZR 19
    Rear: 13 x 20 with 335/30 ZR 20

-New high-performance extremely lightweight clutch with two different friction compounds selectable (strada/pista)
    -Stainless steel muffler with adjustable remote-controlled butterfly-valve, new exhaust tips
    -Exhaust sound level adjustable at the push of a button
    -Wheels can be custom-painted on request
    -Tire pressure monitoring system displaying air pressure and tire temperature for each wheel
    -Sport suspension for the road with adjustable compression and rebound damping like on the FIA GT MC12.
    -Nose lift functionality is retained.
    -New transmission control unit. Same shift times as on the Ferrari FXX"

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

The FXX has thousands of changes from an Enzo, with weight reduction modifications being a huge one. Then there's the underbody and other aerodynamic devices, significantly different which generates a lot more downforce than the Enzo. Many of those changes can not be done without rebuilding the car from scratch.

Other than those FXX winglets on the back, I don't really see what makes it "FXX specs". Was there engine work on it?

That being said, I wouldn't mind running 100-250 against that thing, I'm kinda curious how much I'll lose by with 750hp, heavy, and aero like a brick in my car.

I actually don't mind the pin striping around the car. Its tastefully done. The smoked headlights are kinda "ricer", and the ZR decals, well, that's probably a tax reason why that's there and it's not over the top.

The smoked lights, the FXX winglets, and that back view... ugh.
    Thats supposedly what was changed

http://www.edo-competition.de/en/car...i-enzo-xx.html
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

Originally posted by jdm_eg6
    i will have more photos comming but all in all what ended up showing up were:

Ferrari Enzo FXX kit
    Ferrari F430 Novitec
    Ferrari F430
    Ferrari 360 Modena Novatec
    Ferrari 360 Modena
    Ferrari 360 Modena
    Maserati MC12
    Lotus Esprit V6 Twin turbo
    Dodge Viper

and two more F430`s, and a Shelby Cobra.
    The Lotus is a V8. FYI.

My Ride
    reebok Jams

My bad, i thought i saw V8 on the side.

thanks for the clear up

Enzo rice makes baby Jesus cry

That being said, I wouldn't mind running 100-250 against that thing, I'm kinda curious how much I'll lose by with 750hp, heavy, and aero like a brick in my car.
    After you're done playing, leave some for me, I'd like to turn his car into my bitch (700hp/1900lbs/aerodynamics like whoaaaaa ..... and no, not the cobra, new toy )

My Ride
    reebok Jams

THE COBRA

Last edited by jdm_eg6; 07-27-2009 at 08:25 PM.

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

Damn that Enzo is sure ugly now.... The red f430 looks kind of tacky in pics with all the decals and such, but looked really good in person cruising down deerfoot last week.

My Ride
    reebok Jams

Cobra is now up, damn that was a good time peering at the cars. I also have videos of the Enzo and F430 starting up and them all leaving.

My Ride
    is wild

Was there engine work on it?
    I talked with him last year at a track event I attended, they were just finishing a deal to remove and exchange the MC12 and the Enzo's engines form FXX engines. I know they did pull them out at the end of the year, so I assume he has a true FXX engine in the car.

Cool car and for him actually driving the thing around, tracking the car and enjoying it. Funny to read all of the negative banter here, who cares it's an awesome car being properly used, not stored and polished.

My Ride
    Maserati

Originally posted by m10-power
    I talked with him last year at a track event I attended, they were just finishing a deal to remove and exchange the MC12 and the Enzo's engines form FXX engines. I know they did pull them out at the end of the year, so I assume he has a true FXX engine in the car.
    The Enzo engine was out for all of the mods. I'm told it is now up to FXX specs but that doesn't mean it is a "true FXX engine". The MC12 did not get the same treatment.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

That F430 Novatech is a "would hump" car in my books...

mmmmmmm...

Nice cars!
    Beyond's Most Wanted

The back of that Enzo looks like a shitty Fiero bodykit.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Most likely the Edo Enzo XX engine conversion, which brings power up to FXX levels. You can't just go buy a FXX engine, the FXX's are all leased by Ferrari, so even if it's wrecked, you won't be able to get the motor.

Cool car and for him actually driving the thing around, tracking the car and enjoying it. Funny to read all of the negative banter here, who cares it's an awesome car being properly used, not stored and polished.
    Ya, it's great that he's actually driving that thing around everywhere, but those mods kinda ruin the look of the car.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

That enzo is awesome regardless of how gaudy it is or isnt. High dollar mods, the decals are s bit much but thats marketing. I'm sure thats one of the only highly modded Enzos in the world which is awesome to see in Calgary. Good wheel fitment as well!
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    is wild

Most likely the Edo Enzo XX engine conversion, which brings power up to FXX levels. You can't just go buy a FXX engine, the FXX's are all leased by Ferrari, so even if it's wrecked, you won't be able to get the motor.
    Just what he told me, never had any reason to doubt him.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Just what he told me, never had any reason to doubt him.
    So I was bored and did some googling, I guess I was wrong. You ARE allowed to do whatever you want with the FXX (not leased). Edo converted a FXX to make it street legal, and even tuned it up another 80hp. Prob figured out how to duplicate that engine in the process, so their XX engine is probably pretty close to a FXX engine.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

So I was bored and did some googling, I guess I was wrong. You ARE allowed to do whatever you want with the FXX (not leased). Edo converted a FXX to make it street legal, and even tuned it up another 80hp. Prob figured out how to duplicate that engine in the process, so their XX engine is probably pretty close to a FXX engine.
    That duplication would be quite substantial and not just simple bolt-ons (duh). Displacement is increased on the FXX to 6.3L from 6.0 in the Enzo. And while the FXXs are owned by their chosen owners, I wouldn't imagine many of them would be willing to jeopardize their very special relationship with Ferrari so a German tuning company can play around with their car.

The FXX also lost about 300lbs over the Enzo... I don't think the ZR car lost any weight... may have actually gained.

Regardless of your thoughts on the mods, you have to give him credit for driving the wheels off that thing!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by you&me
    That duplication would be quite substantial and not just simple bolt-ons (duh). Displacement is increased on the FXX to 6.3L from 6.0 in the Enzo. And while the FXXs are owned by their chosen owners, I wouldn't imagine many of them would be willing to jeopardize their very special relationship with Ferrari so a German tuning company can play around with their car.

The FXX also lost about 300lbs over the Enzo... I don't think the ZR car lost any weight... may have actually gained.

Regardless of your thoughts on the mods, you have to give him credit for driving the wheels off that thing!
    Ya, just talking about the engine. You can't convert an Enzo to full spec because the tub is quite different, so you'd never be able to duplicate the FXX aerodynamically.

Edo does this on their XX engine program:

Power increase 170 hp – contains new steel cylinder and piston 6.3 l (same like FXX ), new camshafts, new Titan valve springs, new Titan connecting rods, new oil cooling piston pipes, new exhaust manifolds, sport catalytic stainless, sport catalytic converter, sport air filter, air-ram system, fuel cooling system, new clutch, all bearings new, new oil pump, new gaskets, and dyno running with all work
    Which brings it up to the FXX's 6.3L and 800hp.

Oh ya, and Edo DID get a FXX to play with. They made it street legal.

i remember zahir saying he supposedly has a fxx engine in that enzo; however i doubt that its an actual fxx engine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast