Quantcast
Starbucks reward program changes. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks reward program changes.

Default Starbucks reward program changes.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/star...mped-1.3532215

Seems to have angered quite a few people.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Annoying for me, as the only thing i ever buy from there is an americano - one of their cheaper options. I'd buy 12 and get any menu item for free in the past, now i have to buy roughly 20 to receive the free reward.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

my wife likes the changes, she buys from teavana or buys multiple drinks often and gets screwed, $100 teavana is the same point value as a $3 coffee? not really fair...

seems like a good move IMO, they're doing it just to try to push people to buy more than just coffee, they've been advertising the heck out of their breakfast offerings, and this actually gives people more incentive to give them a try.
    Last edited by Thaco; 04-12-2016 at 08:12 PM.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    06 S2000

They're doing it to equalize between the folks that buy 12 black coffees and use their free drink on some quad-pump frap, and those that make normal orders.

I always went in and got a latte, so it works out to being pretty close to the same for me regardless. It's also better when I want to buy a buddy a drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

So I went in this morning to pickup a black...

Gr Dark Roast $2.45
    Cup discount -0.10
    GST 0.12

Total $2.47

Dagnabit, I remember when a nickel...

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
    They're doing it to equalize between the folks that buy 12 black coffees and use their free drink on some quad-pump frap, and those that make normal orders.
    I do the same. Makes sense. I like these changes.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Worse for me. 12 Americanos for a free drink up to 22 under the new program.

I never liked or ordered any of Starbucks' high dollar sugar laden creations or food items, so clearly I'm not in their high margin target demographic. I will admit that I used my reward drinks to indulge in their $4.50 clover brewed reserve coffees rather than my usual $2.75 spend though, so they got me there.

Since they're disincentivizing plain coffee drinkers, I'll wander over to Monogram in FAP or Analog in BVS (opening June 1) more often instead.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride

It's a good change for me, as my usual order is one of the "sugar laden" creations

I can see how the pike/americano/whatever other plain variation drinkers would feel a little jipped because they had it pretty good for so long, but those of us that like our fru-fru drinks are getting less screwed over now :P

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I usually order Lattes if I go to Sbux, just plain milk and espresso ones.

With this system I'm still at 15-16 coffees to earn a freebee rather than 12?

So don't worry, even "expensive" coffee drinkers get screwed.

I have been on Sbux Gold for like 7 straight years. I don't know if i will even make it again on the new system as i just don't go as much as I used to. 150 bucks a year is a lot of paid for coffee when i can drink their shit for free from the Keurig at work.

The only people this system truly helps are those who eat at Starbucks regularly, and i don't know what possesses people to eat their food... Then again people also eat food at Tim's

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Their protein smoothie isn't bad.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Doesn't affect me. Last two times I went... they paid

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

I always went in and got a latte, so it works out to being pretty close to the same for me regardless. It's also better when I want to buy a buddy a drink.
    x 2 exactly well said etc.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Hate it, I am a Black Coffee 2-3 times a day person. so now my weekly free drink will take much longer.

So I guess there is no free coffee on earth day with tumbler promo this year?

Damn, it was like my favorite day.

I'm liking McDonalds coffee now. It's not fancy but it's great for a standard cup.

Their program is seven stickers to fill a card and you get a free one, but you also get a sticker with your free coffee so really you're getting a free one after every six.

That's better odds than Timmies roll-up promotion and it's all year round, plus they have free coffee WEEK a couple/few times a year as well.

Hard to beat that.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

I hope all gold members here are aware of their ability to get refills on drinks that they didn't order initially.

Example; sometimes in the summer I'll go in and grab a regular black coffee, drink that, and then ask for a refill of a completely different beverage. Sometimes an iced coffee, sometimes on their nice chilled tea beverages/lemonades, sometimes even the expensive cold brew they offer seasonally.

Some baristas will give you the stink eye for this, but most don't care (if you're polite). It's well within the terms of the gold status.

So a study session fuelled with delicious cold brews can cost as little as your first $2.00 black coffee.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by adamc
    I hope all gold members here are aware of their ability to get refills on drinks that they didn't order initially.

Example; sometimes in the summer I'll go in and grab a regular black coffee, drink that, and then ask for a refill of a completely different beverage. Sometimes an iced coffee, sometimes on their nice chilled tea beverages/lemonades, sometimes even the expensive cold brew they offer seasonally.

Some baristas will give you the stink eye for this, but most don't care (if you're polite). It's well within the terms of the gold status.

So a study session fueled with delicious cold brews can cost as little as your first $2.00 black coffee.
    Pretty sure that isn't true, and they are giving you the stink eye because you are asking for shit you aren't entitled to:

http://www.starbucks.ca/customer-service/faqs/card
    Green Level

Upon joining, you are at the Green Level of the Starbucks Rewards program and you will receive the following benefits:

Free refills on hot or iced brewed coffee or tea purchased with your registered Starbucks Card or Starbucks App during the same store visit at participating Starbucks locations.

*There will no longer be free refills at Teavana for Starbucks Rewards members.
    Brewed and Iced coffee only. Though I doubt they care if you swap between hot and cold as both cost nothing to the company.

Tea lemonades are mixed drinks and cost way more on the menu and to the store for example.

The reason they are doing it for you is as a general rule it is corporate policy to not argue with customers, its not worth the time, effort, or the cost of the drink to the company. The refills are also available to anyone who registers their card, its not a gold benefit.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Cold brew is still brewed coffee, and included in the program as you highlighted.

The tea drinks are *cold shaken ICDED teas*, and not considered crafted drinks (as the Frappuccino is). So they're eligible:

Free refills on hot or iced brewed coffee or tea purchased with your registered Starbucks Card or Starbucks App during the same store visit at participating Starbucks locations.

Unless they've significantly altered this program recently, I've been able to refill without issue at dozens of locations all over the country.

I usually don't abuse it though, ie; I'll purchase a shaken iced tea (4 bucks, or whatever) and then get a couple refills on that over the course of my stay. When I was a student and needed to be chintzy, the cheap coffee to more expensive drink scheme was helpful.
    Last edited by adamc; 04-25-2016 at 07:58 AM.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    Silverado

Another coffee drinker here. Much less incentive for me to go to starbucks instead of the other dozen independent shops near my office.

My Ride
    G6

If you've got a decent "Gas and Groceries" reward card, you can recoup even more value. We've been buying the $50 Starbucks "gift" cards at Co-Op, making 4% cash back, and then putting them on our account to earn free drinks as we spend. Double win.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast