Quantcast
Strathmore Investment/Development Opportunity - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Strathmore Investment/Development Opportunity

My Ride
    Skateboard

No updates until this thread got bumped. Fishy as hell.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by max_boost
    Damn Roland how ya doing buddy? Yes I remember that hangout with you and TomcoPDR lol

Anyway here's an update. Lol
    So, when u gonna get paid??

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by G
    No updates until this thread got bumped. Fishy as hell.
    no no lol those newsletters come out every quarter I think or semi annual. Just thought I post it up lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Skateboard

no no lol those newsletters come out every quarter I think or semi annual. Just thought I post it up lol
    hahah I'm just kidding Sam.

Wow sorry I haven't been on beyond much! I was directed here from a link in that thread about my show/article and I wanted to clarify a bit:

I no longer work in the industry but I do have my own money tied up in it too so I'm still invested. I've got significantly more put in than any investor from beyond so I DO obviously look forward to a payout as well but it's one that is going to require patience as the market bounces back.

Investments are bonded and in trust, it's just a waiting game, unfortunately but updates come out quarterly as Max posted.

I've talked personally to him over the years and even though I don't have deadlines, I am confident the investors including myself will get paid out.

I've been here for a long time, anyone who knows me can attest I'm not a bullshitter and I am also not able to predict real estate crashes.

My Ride
    3.5L 7th Gen Accord

Quote from Concrete Equities Thread

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    They have gone the way of MANY "syndicators" as of late....poor planning, over-extension, over promising..

It's a shame people don't do more homework before asking people for money...

Sorry I just saw this quote in the concrete equities thread.. thought it was pretty ironic.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Wow sorry I haven't been on beyond much! I was directed here from a link in that thread about my show/article and I wanted to clarify a bit:

I no longer work in the industry but I do have my own money tied up in it too so I'm still invested. I've got significantly more put in than any investor from beyond so I DO obviously look forward to a payout as well but it's one that is going to require patience as the market bounces back.

Investments are bonded and in trust, it's just a waiting game, unfortunately but updates come out quarterly as Max posted.

I've talked personally to him over the years and even though I don't have deadlines, I am confident the investors including myself will get paid out.

I've been here for a long time, anyone who knows me can attest I'm not a bullshitter and I am also not able to predict real estate crashes.
    LOL. You're an actor.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Circa 2008:
    Property values since the beginning of real estate have grown and will always grow....
    And 5 years later:
    I'm not a bullshitter and I am also not able to predict real estate crashes.
    Sounds like every single real estate agent I have ever met. lol

I originally wondered why the company wouldn't even consider high interest subordinate financing as it would be cheaper than guaranteeing internet investors such high returns and having to deal with so many small investors. Now we know why.

Hopefully things turn around and everything works out for everyone involved. 5 years is a long time to go without seeing a penny of your money.

What's the latest update on this max_boost?

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

2014 was a great year for real estate developers and builders so if things didn't pan out in 2014, 2015 won't be better.

Default Re: Strathmore Investment/Development Opportunity

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 05:12 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    NC1

Not that it really matters but perhaps a Strathmore living Beyonder drive by this development and tell me if there are houses out there haha

In my mind and heart I have already given up on this $10K investment. You win some and you lose some. Such is life and this is an experience albeit expensive one to take caution anytime anyone offers you investment opportunities with guaranteed returns.
    I am user #49

Not that it really matters but perhaps a Strathmore living Beyonder drive by this development and tell me if there are houses out there haha

In my mind and heart I have already given up on this $10K investment. You win some and you lose some. Such is life and this is an experience albeit expensive one to take caution anytime anyone offers you investment opportunities with guaranteed returns.
    I'm not sure exactly where this development is...(just briefly read the OP) but I've done 4 houses in the past year out in Strathmore and it is definitely booming. Complete sub-divisions going up within 6 months. I did two on the golf course, one on a small man-made lake as you enter the town, and starting another there in a couple of months. Just did a house on 5 acres east of Strathmore (Namaka Lake) and the land was only $115k. To the point where I'm almost entertaining the thought of moving/building out that way. I just like trees rather than prairies...but yes it's definitely a bussling little town that's growing.

My Ride
    NC1

Dave it's called Wild Flower Ranch. Google shows a few houses scattered all over. For whatever reason it's not selling and that's all I know. Anyway, hope for the best. It'll be like free money again if I ever see it because it's been so long haha
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Looks like the south end is definitely started...

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Str...647facf5bf2269

]

Dave it's called Wild Flower Ranch. Google shows a few houses scattered all over. For whatever reason it's not selling and that's all I know. Anyway, hope for the best. It'll be like free money again if I ever see it because it's been so long haha
    I went to their website, got a little more info. The one down-side that *I* see, is tha the cost isn't a WHOLE lot different than Calgary lots. Which, as a buyer, I would want before I decided to move that far out. The acreage job I did was very cheap land...but that is a complete different ball game than these lots inside Strathmore limits. A house out there is still coming in at over $400k. About the only difference is the larger lot size, but overall end cost doesn't seem much cheaper than Calgary, which is what you would first expect going out that far.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 05:12 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    changes every year

I live there and things are going up there like crazy. However, wildflower isn't doing a lot, basically because it's so expensive, at least that's what I think.

I sold my house in the ranch (not wildflower) at what I think was an ok price, but the new houses going up across the street are going for around the same price, but without a developed basement and certain other upgrades I had.

So the place is booming, I did make a decent profit off of my house(if you compare purchase price to sale price) things have gone up alot, but people don't want to pay calgary prices even though wildflower is a nice area.

My Ride
    NC1

Thanks Beyond for the update! haha
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Man, I was driving around downtown today near where the infamous Concrete Equities offices were, and thinking about the era of the slick haired investment douches running around Calgary promising to make everyone rich.

Concrete equities, Lucid, these strathmore idiots, etc. etc. What a weird time it was back then. A lot of people lost a LOT of money that was never heard from again.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast