Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Subaru WRX

Author
Thread
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.26
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by GingeRRRBeef
Save your money and get a Coupe 6-6 instead. They are the last real American muscle car.

You're a salty one trick pony aren't you? Beat my brother's MK7 GTI this weekend as well. Taking all fades

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-15-2017 03:23 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Aleks
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 17 Honda Ridgeline, 12 Honda Odyssey, 04 330i zhp
Posts/Day: 0.87
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by redblack

That's pretty good, Subaru of Calgary usually only gives 1 or 2 free accessories and sells at msrp

These cars have well over $3,000 in markup. If you're paying full price you're not negotiating well.

Joined 07/2002

Old Post 05-16-2017 02:39 PM
Aleks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aleks Click here to Send Aleks a Private Message Find more posts by Aleks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
403ep3
Second Gear

What I drive: TDi
Posts/Day: 0.41
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

For 2017s.. think I will have a chance with any sort of discount on a 2018? - question for anyone that ordered one

Spoke with someone from Scott Subaru and the rates will be starting at 1.99% for two years and up from there until 3.99%.

Old Post 05-16-2017 03:04 PM
403ep3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 403ep3 Click here to Send 403ep3 a Private Message Find more posts by 403ep3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Konj
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 94%

Re: Subaru WRX quote:

Originally posted by move
Thinking of getting the 2015 wrx, but I did some searching on beyond and read a bunch of horrible reviews on both subaru calgary and centaur. Also went to SC in person and got treated like shit, stood there for 15minutes without even someone acknowledging me.

Is it even worth all of this for wrx or should I just move onto the next?

Are you firm on WRX? I have a 2015 STI, we might be able to do business together. If interested we can go over the details.

Last edited by Konj on 05-16-2017 at 03:57 PM

Old Post 05-16-2017 03:40 PM
Konj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Konj Click here to Send Konj a Private Message Find more posts by Konj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
r3ccOs
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

PSweet engine in that 6-6 and it's a great fwd coupe to boot

However I'm certain that he A3 2.0 Quattro with dsg and launch control, which both specs and on a few videos show is slightly quicker than a WRX, should be quicker than your accord here at 3500 feet

Maybe the GTI wasn't a dsg and had traction issues??? Tires play a huge role as well regardless

But I'd say that seeing a STI walk my friends 370, tells me that turbos at this elevation makes all the difference

I'd bet even a 228i should be quicker than the 6-6 here

Anyways I digress and have to say that I think the new Ford Fusion sport is going to be he value winner in the midsize car category for speed for the monies

In fact the 6-6 should take on one to see how it fairs in this elevation considering price point is similar

Old Post 05-16-2017 05:12 PM
r3ccOs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for r3ccOs Click here to Send r3ccOs a Private Message Find more posts by r3ccOs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by r3ccOs
PSweet engine in that 6-6 and it's a great fwd coupe to boot

However I'm certain that he A3 2.0 Quattro with dsg and launch control, which both specs and on a few videos show is slightly quicker than a WRX, should be quicker than your accord here at 3500 feet

Maybe the GTI wasn't a dsg and had traction issues??? Tires play a huge role as well regardless

But I'd say that seeing a STI walk my friends 370, tells me that turbos at this elevation makes all the difference

I'd bet even a 228i should be quicker than the 6-6 here

Anyways I digress and have to say that I think the new Ford Fusion sport is going to be he value winner in the midsize car category for speed for the monies

In fact the 6-6 should take on one to see how it fairs in this elevation considering price point is similar

My brother's MK7 GTI is a DSG and it certainty put up a better fight from a roll than that 2014 STi did vs the 6-6. I think he has pirelli's on it. Much better than my fuel saver crap tires. The nose of his GTI was right at my front wheel the entire pull. If I didn't shift perfectly, he would've won for sure. Those things are pretty quick. Once he does an APR flash and some other bolt on's I'm done The 6-6 is a great engine and transmission in a ho hum chassis. But I do love rolling on local stock turbo guys for fun when I can. He also beat a 350Z badly in his GTI. But that was from a light and if you can't shift, you're gonna get smoked by a DSG with a comparable car.

Wow! 325 hp in a Fusion these days. That's pretty wild. I can't wait to run one.

Last edited by Hallowed_point on 05-16-2017 at 09:07 PM

Old Post 05-16-2017 09:01 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleks
Fourth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by r3ccOs

It's a heavy boat that's no faster than a Passat or Accord V6, from a roll of course.

Joined 07/2002

Old Post 05-16-2017 09:41 PM
Aleks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aleks Click here to Send Aleks a Private Message Find more posts by Aleks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Aleks
It's a heavy boat that's no faster than a Passat or Accord V6, from a roll of course.

http://jalopnik.com/the-325-horsepo...e-au-1785980191 It's knocking on 4000 lbs. And the fuel economy also reflects that. 17/26/20 is pretty rough for a midsize car. Considering a 2017 Corvette gets 17/29 with a 455 hp V8. Still this thing is gonna be one heck of a sleeper in it's category.

Last edited by Hallowed_point on 05-16-2017 at 10:11 PM

Old Post 05-16-2017 10:07 PM
Aleks
Fourth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
http://jalopnik.com/the-325-horsepo...e-au-1785980191 It's knocking on 4000 lbs. And the fuel economy also reflects that. 17/26/20 is pretty rough for a midsize car. Still this thing is gonna be one heck of a sleeper in it's category.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...s-tested-review

4127 lbs

100mph trap. It's 500+lbs more than its competitors.

Joined 07/2002

Old Post 05-16-2017 10:12 PM
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Aleks

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...s-tested-review

4127 lbs

100mph trap. It's 500+lbs more than its competitors.

That's pretty damn good considering the weight. What a pig though. I'll also bet that ford is stretching the fuel economy a bit as well. It's probably even worse.

Old Post 05-16-2017 10:41 PM
r3ccOs
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

I don't disagree, it's heavy and likely due to the power uses the same truck 6r80 trans

But for the price, features and that this should be quite quick at our elevation... it's not an s4 killer but at the price it is an awesome value

It's performance at @ 13.7 1/4 is faster than I think all NA cars in its class

Old Post 05-16-2017 11:40 PM
r3ccOs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for r3ccOs Click here to Send r3ccOs a Private Message Find more posts by r3ccOs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twin_Cam_Turbo
Fourth Gear

What I drive: VA WRX, EK Civic
Posts/Day: 1.89
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Had my first fill up on my WRX today, 8.9L/100km hand calculated, all city.

Old Post 05-21-2017 08:29 PM
Twin_Cam_Turbo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Twin_Cam_Turbo Click here to Send Twin_Cam_Turbo a Private Message Find more posts by Twin_Cam_Turbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twin_Cam_Turbo
Fourth Gear

What I drive: VA WRX, EK Civic
Posts/Day: 1.89
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Also just noticed the lease residuals went up again for May, second month in a row!

Old Post 05-21-2017 09:05 PM
Twin_Cam_Turbo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Twin_Cam_Turbo Click here to Send Twin_Cam_Turbo a Private Message Find more posts by Twin_Cam_Turbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:06 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Subaru WRX

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: