Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Food and Dining > Subway Soy Scandal

Author
Thread
The_Penguin
Neutral

What I drive: '10 CTS
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by ZenOps
They are just prepping you to be used to eating Soylent.

Mmm Soylent.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-03-2017 09:21 PM
The_Penguin is online now Click Here to See the Profile for The_Penguin Click here to Send The_Penguin a Private Message Find more posts by The_Penguin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...n-findings.html

Subway sues CBC for $210 million.

Old Post 03-17-2017 10:18 PM
ZenOps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rvd
Neutral

What I drive: G35
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

Subway going to FAIL hard on that lawsuit.

Old Post 03-18-2017 01:28 AM
rvd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rvd Click here to Send rvd a Private Message Find more posts by rvd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dj_rice
owned by an '08 n00b! LOL

What I drive: 93 240sx SE, 02 Pathfinder LE
Posts/Day: 1.18
Trader Rating: (34)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Has this scandal hurt them really?

Cause when I drive by my neighborhood Subway during dinner rush, its busy as hell.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Old Post 03-18-2017 05:17 AM
dj_rice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dj_rice Click here to Send dj_rice a Private Message Find more posts by dj_rice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sexualbanana
Second Gear

What I drive: Altima Se-R
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

Rule #1: If all the pieces look exactly the same, chances are they're heavily processed. All of Subway's chicken breasts are shaped the exact same.

Old Post 04-06-2017 11:38 PM
sexualbanana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sexualbanana Click here to Send sexualbanana a Private Message Visit sexualbanana's homepage! Find more posts by sexualbanana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by dj_rice
Has this scandal hurt them really?

They have been giving away free breakfast combos. Not sure if just counter A&W or McD's all day breakfast or desperation out of the scandal.

Old Post 04-06-2017 11:40 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.08

quote:

I've been eating the freebie breakfasts. You can always just ask for egg only if you are afraid of the mystery meat.

The Asian in me cannot resist free food.

Old Post 04-09-2017 03:45 PM
ZenOps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pauly Boy
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by Seth1968
Fast and cheap. Uh huh, that's not going to end well in the health department.

Exactly. We have a sign up at work to remind contractors whenever they come in and bitch about price or delivery.

Fast & Cheap. Won’t Be Good
Good & Fast. Won’t Be Cheap
Cheap & Good. Won’t Be Fast

Honestly the best Sandwiches are the ones you get hand-made at the Safeway Deli. Unfortunately those Sobey’s Nazis closed ours so I’m stuck eating yoga mats & soy at Subway unless I drive across the city

Originally posted by killramos
It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

Old Post 05-01-2017 10:13 PM
Pauly Boy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pauly Boy Click here to Send Pauly Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Pauly Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marsh
Neutral

What I drive: 535i Xdrive
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

Subway had a segment with Dr. Oz last week, who went through his own testing and verified the meat was 100% (for whatever his opinion is worth). I will give kudos to subway for at trying to deal with the issue head on...

Old Post 05-02-2017 12:23 AM
Marsh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marsh Click here to Send Marsh a Private Message Find more posts by Marsh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spikerS
Third Gear

What I drive: 2016 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew FX4
Posts/Day: 0.96
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

well, I really hope that CBC retained their samples that were tested, as I don't trust Subway to not alter the product in light of these allegations.

But I guess CBC is off the hook regardless of how this turns out because they paid a lab to do testing, and so they reported on the results of those tests. If the results turn out to be in error, that lab is probably going to be the one suffering the lawsuit, and their reputation will be screwed.

But really? They went to Dr. Oz?

If you wanted to be taken seriously, that is the LAST guy I would go to.

Originally posted by Mibz
Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Old Post 05-02-2017 01:04 AM
spikerS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spikerS Click here to Send spikerS a Private Message Visit spikerS's homepage! Find more posts by spikerS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.36

quote:

Originally posted by Pauly Boy

Exactly. We have a sign up at work to remind contractors whenever they come in and bitch about price or delivery.

Fast & Cheap. Won’t Be Good
Good & Fast. Won’t Be Cheap
Cheap & Good. Won’t Be Fast

Holy shit, someone who gets it.

Old Post 05-02-2017 01:09 AM
Seth1968 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.36

quote:

Originally posted by Marsh
Subway had a segment with Dr. Oz last week, who went through his own testing and verified the meat was 100% (for whatever his opinion is worth). I will give kudos to subway for at trying to deal with the issue head on...

That guy is even more of a puppet than Dr. Phil and Oprah.

Old Post 05-02-2017 01:17 AM
Seth1968 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 01:30 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Food and Dining > Subway Soy Scandal

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: