Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Fashion and Luxury > Suits?

Author
Thread
K3RMiTdot
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.63
Trader Rating: (45)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Can't wait to check out the one in chinook

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-07-2017 05:45 PM
K3RMiTdot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K3RMiTdot Click here to Send K3RMiTdot a Private Message Find more posts by K3RMiTdot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

I think it's a good idea to have a brick and mortar option - I think most people who are turned off by companies like Indochino are just too worried about doing their own measurements.

Old Post 02-07-2017 05:51 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

What I drive: 14 Accord 6-6 J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.21
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by killramos
A well fitted suit is the closest thing guys get to wearing makeup

Put an old fat dude in a flattering suit and suddenly he is george clooney

Disagree strongly..nothing worse than some pudgy schlub in one of those fitted suits meant for someone who's in shape. It's like leggings on a fat girl..

Old Post 02-07-2017 06:05 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.97
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
Disagree strongly..nothing worse than some pudgy schlub in one of those fitted suits meant for someone who's in shape. It's like leggings on a fat girl..

But a fitted suit is tailored for that body shape. So you shouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Old Post 02-07-2017 06:19 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

quote:

Fat people shouldn't wear tight clothing im...10 lb in a 5 lb bag lol

Old Post 02-07-2017 06:25 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
Fat people shouldn't wear tight clothing im...10 lb in a 5 lb bag lol

You're confusing "well fitted" with "form fitting"

The whole point of fitting a suit properly is that it flatters THAT individual

Old Post 02-07-2017 06:30 PM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

quote:

^ Not gonna get into it with you because you're always right..

Old Post 02-07-2017 06:31 PM
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

well, he's certainly right in this case. A fat guy in a well fitting suit doesn't look like 10 lbs in a 5 lb bag . . .

Old Post 02-07-2017 11:20 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent.ff
Neutral

What I drive: '14 Taco
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Will do. Suits start at $450 I believe, and don't go up too much from there. All the really nice wool was $650 for a suit. I believe he just takes the suit price in any given material X 45% to get the pants price as well.

I also forgot to mention he gave me better material at a one-level-down price so another

...and? month and a bit later

Old Post 03-19-2017 04:27 AM
Brent.ff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent.ff Click here to Send Brent.ff a Private Message Find more posts by Brent.ff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Originally posted by Brent.ff

...and? month and a bit later

I literally just picked them up last week - they were unfortunately about two weeks late from the time I was originally told they would be ready (end of Feb). That being said, I am extremely happy with them. Quality is very good, and no alterations were necessary whatsoever. He even put some pads on the inside of my elbows in the shirt to prevent my elbows from blowing through (I've wrecked a few shirts in the past like that). Shirt material is really good, collar and cuffs are great, as are the clasps/zipper on the pants. He tells you to wear them for a week or two and if you notice anything you don't like at all to just come back and he will fix it or alter it for free. I need to order a bunch more shirts and based on my experience I will be using him for the rest.

Old Post 03-20-2017 05:08 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: ///M235i
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

After the recommendations from this thread I decided to give O'Connors a try for a new suit. A+ shop in there, I had absolutely no idea it was so big.

Ended up picking up a nice blue samuelsohn off the rack, needed it relatively short term so didn't have time for mtm this time around. Their tailoring staff did a great job with it though and fits like a glove. Will make a great DD.

I'll definitely be going back, simple and no BS experience and a million times better than Harry Rosen. Honestly unless you want a brand name $2k+ suit i wouldn't ever go back there as mentioned earlier.

Also their shoe boutique is awesome, and I am way too picky about shoes.

* Use of this avatar makes no statement of me implying I own a BMW M division car, that the BMW M235i model is a BMW M division car, or any other statement regarding BMW M division or its debated superiority over other makes and models of vehicles

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Last edited by killramos on 03-26-2017 at 05:06 PM

Old Post 03-26-2017 05:01 PM
killramos is online now Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.97
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

O Connors rule! I buy my Allen Edmonds there.

Old Post 03-26-2017 06:15 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 08:40 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Fashion and Luxury > Suits?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: