Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Summer rides...when is yours out?

Author
Thread
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

KW is blowing out a bunch of coilovers right now...

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-06-2017 03:23 AM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

Originally posted by ercchry
KW is blowing out a bunch of coilovers right now...

I thought about coilovers but I want a mildish drop and OEM type ride this time. however, if I can get a set of V1 for 1k I would do it lol

Old Post 04-06-2017 03:28 AM
03ozwhip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

They might... pretty steep discounts, call Jimmy at the shop tomorrow

Old Post 04-06-2017 03:43 AM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shlade
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.90
Trader Rating: (18)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

I thought about coilovers but I want a mildish drop and OEM type ride this time. however, if I can get a set of V1 for 1k I would do it lol

You're reaching haaaaaaard lol

Old Post 04-06-2017 03:54 AM
Shlade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shlade Click here to Send Shlade a Private Message Find more posts by Shlade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrsingh
Neutral

What I drive: RX, IS, Jetta, Vette
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 105%

quote:

Mine is back on the road!

Attachment: springtime.jpg

Summer:
2002 Lexus IS300 Manual
1972 Chevrolet Corvette 350 4spd

Old Post 04-06-2017 04:33 PM
mrsingh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mrsingh Click here to Send mrsingh a Private Message Find more posts by mrsingh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riander5
First Gear

What I drive: Lexus IS250
Posts/Day: 0.14
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I dont have a summer ride anymore

Old Post 04-06-2017 05:08 PM
riander5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riander5 Click here to Send riander5 a Private Message Find more posts by riander5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zorac
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

mine was out, now back in for repairs... :P but thats why you buy a project car right?

Old Post 04-08-2017 04:35 PM
Zorac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zorac Click here to Send Zorac a Private Message Find more posts by Zorac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

Originally posted by Zorac
mine was out, now back in for repairs... :P but thats why you buy a project car right?

To me, a project car implies YOUR labour, not someone elses

Old Post 04-08-2017 06:01 PM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team_Mclaren

What I drive: F10M / GS450H
Posts/Day: 1.06
Trader Rating: (26)

quote:

Originally posted by revelations

LOL? are you saying that you do ALL the work on your "project car"? I'm sure that disqualifies 99% of all "project cars" out there.

Old Post 04-08-2017 06:57 PM
Team_Mclaren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team_Mclaren Click here to Send Team_Mclaren a Private Message Find more posts by Team_Mclaren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zorac
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

i agree, that's half the fun!

Old Post 04-08-2017 07:03 PM
Zorac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zorac Click here to Send Zorac a Private Message Find more posts by Zorac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

LOL? are you saying that you do ALL the work on your "project car"? I'm sure that disqualifies 99% of all "project cars" out there.

Yep .... 100% so far.... but I understand that on occasion you need to contract out specialized things like heads or block. Otherwise, I do all my own electrical, mechanical, etc.

Old Post 04-08-2017 09:16 PM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR2-3SGTE
Neutral

What I drive: MR2
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Eh, I define a project car as something that you yourself plan out. If you plan for it to be built a certain way, then have the parts/wiring harnesses/welding etc. done through a 3rd party, that's still a project car to me

Old Post 04-09-2017 02:24 AM
MR2-3SGTE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR2-3SGTE Click here to Send MR2-3SGTE a Private Message Find more posts by MR2-3SGTE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tehwegz
First Gear

What I drive: Fo'ST
Posts/Day: 0.15

quote:

Started winter driving it this past winter as I have to *try* and stick to one car now. I threw summer tires back on it shortly after the first day of spring though.

Old Post 04-09-2017 02:40 AM
tehwegz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tehwegz Click here to Send tehwegz a Private Message Find more posts by tehwegz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EK 2.0
Beyond's Biggest E-Mack

What I drive: ...BNT0B0X...
Posts/Day: 1.74
Trader Rating: (31)

quote:

Yep .... 100% so far.... but I understand that on occasion you need to contract out specialized things like heads or block. Otherwise, I do all my own electrical, mechanical, etc.

Trust me, you will get to a point where, you want the toy but don't want the headaches. And yeah ok pulling wrenches is fun, but man oh man, just drop it off somewhere and pick it up in a few weeks sounds better as you get older haha...

Old Post 04-10-2017 05:01 PM
EK 2.0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EK 2.0 Click here to Send EK 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by EK 2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

quote:

The problem is that I've found that if you want something done right, you usually do it yourself .... or maybe I am just a damn perfectionist. Also, with older cars I find that some of the previous owners attempt repairs and end up with a fucking mess that I have to organize and clean (esp. electrical).

Fuck, I've pretty much rewired this 2G Eclipse now.

Last edited by revelations on 04-10-2017 at 06:56 PM

Old Post 04-10-2017 06:51 PM
The time now is 12:45 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Summer rides...when is yours out?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: