Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > TD ripping off customers

Author
Thread
dezmarez
Neutral

What I drive: 2015 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 2
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I think it was only a matter of time before this type of article came out....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ban...ublic-1.4023575

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-15-2017 05:21 PM
dezmarez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dezmarez Click here to Send dezmarez a Private Message Find more posts by dezmarez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

lilmira
Second Gear

What I drive: The SHBARUS
Posts/Day: 0.51
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

coffee is for closers

Old Post 03-15-2017 05:28 PM
lilmira is online now Click Here to See the Profile for lilmira Click here to Send lilmira a Private Message Find more posts by lilmira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
avishal26
First Gear

What I drive: '12 Audi A7 S-Line
Posts/Day: 0.18
Trader Rating: (11)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by dezmarez
I think it was only a matter of time before this type of article came out....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ban...ublic-1.4023575

Yup - How else did everyone think the banks made Billions in profits each year?

- 2011 Chrysler 300C AWD (Hemi), Bright White on Black Interior (SOLD)
- 2006 Infiniti M35x Premium Journey, Obsidian Black on Bourbon Interior (SOLD)
- 1994 Jeep YJ softtop, 0-60 optional (SOLD)
- 1990 Nissan 240sx Sedan, Silvia Front (SOLD)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves”. - Edward R. Murrow

"When there are people in power that are more worried about what they can get away with legally as opposed to what is right or wrong, no amount of reform in the world will make a difference." - Rick Mercer

Old Post 03-15-2017 09:01 PM
avishal26 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for avishal26 Click here to Send avishal26 a Private Message Find more posts by avishal26 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btimbit
Second Gear

What I drive: '16 Turbo VW
Posts/Day: 0.52

quote:

So banks and bankers are cunts? Not news to me

Old Post 03-17-2017 12:52 AM
btimbit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for btimbit Click here to Send btimbit a Private Message Find more posts by btimbit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sumguy777

What I drive: d|o__o|b
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

This actually happened to me years ago. I was just too foolish to catch on to what was going on. It was TD beside winners near sunridge mall. I was helped by a chinese guy with glasses there. I was 19 at the time, he changed my bank account from student to a regular one without my consent. ( I was still in school too )

Old Post 03-17-2017 01:57 AM
sumguy777 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sumguy777 Click here to Send sumguy777 a Private Message Find more posts by sumguy777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
88CRX

What I drive: EP3, S2K & TLX
Posts/Day: 1.08
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

Recently had overdraft protection added to my account not sure exactly how but it was showing up as a $4/month charge so I called to have it removed. Was strongly considering recording the conversation but figure with all the shit going on in the news that RBC would have maybe gotten their shit together. Here’s how it went.

Me: I’d like to cancel the overdraft protection on my account.
RBC: Ok sure I can help you with that. But first let me ask do you request a lot of personal checks or money orders.
Me: No, never. (I knew where she was going with this)
Me: I literally never request either.
RBC: Well we can change your account to RBC Signature Fuck You for only $10 more per month which allows unlimited check and money order and it also has complimentary overdraft protection.
Me: …. WTF?.....
RBC: Can I go ahead and make that change?
Me: No, just cancel the overdraft, leave everything else as is.

Puts me on hold, cancels it (I hope!).

RBC: I notice on file that you approved your credit card limit increase to a colleague of mine, can I go ahead and make that change?
Me: No. And when did I apparently make this approval to increase my credit card limit?
RBC: Uhhh, let me look. Sometime, uhhh. January 24th you approved the increase to a colleague of mine.
Me: …. WTF?....
Me: No I did not approve that increase at all. Don’t change it.

Like seriously WTF is it with these banks? When I read the news articles over the last couple weeks I was thinking I must have been lucky cause I’ve never experience it to the level that others had with them fucking around with your accounts without your permission. They’re sneaky fuckers.

Old Post 03-21-2017 05:10 PM
88CRX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 88CRX Click here to Send 88CRX a Private Message Find more posts by 88CRX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shakalaka
WILSUU2

What I drive: SCUZEM3
Posts/Day: 0.76
Trader Rating: (56)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Worst timing buying TD stocks...literally day after I purchase them at $70.25/share they drop $5 per share...

Old Post 03-21-2017 05:15 PM
shakalaka is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shakalaka Click here to Send shakalaka a Private Message Find more posts by shakalaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bh87

What I drive: 2014 J150 1UR-FE
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by 88CRX

RBC: Well we can change your account to RBC Signature Fuck You for only $10 more per month which allows unlimited check and money order and it also has complimentary overdraft protection.

I have nothing to add other than that is the best thing I've read all day. That's exactly how it feels when they are trying to up sell and explain the benefits

Old Post 03-21-2017 05:58 PM
bh87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bh87 Click here to Send bh87 a Private Message Find more posts by bh87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prail

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

I don't get mad at the staff per-se because I know they are forced to do this.

The up-sell on insurance products is the worst as well.

My RBC Visa tends to get compromised every 6-12 months like clockwork... and I always look forward to the activation call.

RBC: Sir - I'd like to tell you about our balance protector coverage, in case you are injured or unable to make your payments, for a low monthly fee we will cover your (minimum, lol) payment until you are able to work again!

Me: No, I don't want the balance protector whatever coverage. Just looking to activate my card.

Bank: May I ask what objections you have?

Me: I don't carry a balance (you know that...), so I don't need it.

RBC: Sir the fees are based on the balance you carry each month - so if you don't keep a balance the fee is very small.

Me: So you will charge me monthly for something that isn't used?

RBC: It's as low as $3 per $1000 on the card.

blah blah blah.

The last time I called I just politely cut them off and said I've heard the spiel 5 times now. I realise it's your job to pitch it, but I'm not interested. Please just activate the card.

Half the time they get very huffy puffy but do it with an attitude. That's the part that's not called for.

Old Post 03-21-2017 10:24 PM
Prail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prail Click here to Send Prail a Private Message Find more posts by Prail Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
88CRX

What I drive: EP3, S2K & TLX
Posts/Day: 1.08
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

Originally posted by Prail
I don't get mad at the staff per-se because I know they are forced to do this.

The up-sell on insurance products is the worst as well.

My RBC Visa tends to get compromised every 6-12 months like clockwork... and I always look forward to the activation call.

RBC: Sir - I'd like to tell you about our balance protector coverage, in case you are injured or unable to make your payments, for a low monthly fee we will cover your (minimum, lol) payment until you are able to work again!

Me: No, I don't want the balance protector whatever coverage. Just looking to activate my card.

Bank: May I ask what objections you have?

Me: I don't carry a balance (you know that...), so I don't need it.

RBC: Sir the fees are based on the balance you carry each month - so if you don't keep a balance the fee is very small.

Me: So you will charge me monthly for something that isn't used?

RBC: It's as low as $3 per $1000 on the card.

blah blah blah.

The last time I called I just politely cut them off and said I've heard the spiel 5 times now. I realise it's your job to pitch it, but I'm not interested. Please just activate the card.

Half the time they get very huffy puffy but do it with an attitude. That's the part that's not called for.

Last time they called me about that insurance shit I told them if they called me about it one more time offering the same crap I was cancelling all my services through them, it worked. No more CC insurance calls.

I’ve provably jinxed it. They’ll call tomorrow now.

Old Post 03-21-2017 10:47 PM
88CRX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 88CRX Click here to Send 88CRX a Private Message Find more posts by 88CRX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 03:38 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > TD ripping off customers

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: