Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > The Gun Thread

Author
Thread
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

What I drive: Bowtie
Posts/Day: 0.72
Trader Rating: (78)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

system double posted

Last edited by TomcoPDR on 03-16-2017 at 05:28 AM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-15-2017 10:59 PM
TomcoPDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomcoPDR Click here to Send TomcoPDR a Private Message Find more posts by TomcoPDR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

quote:

March 20, 2017, Selling: 11 boxes Fiocchi 124gr. each box 50. So 550 ammo. For $200, all or nothing. Meeting at CSC. Must be over age of 18 with valid PAL.

Reason for selling, started re-loading. lol fml

Old Post 03-20-2017 06:47 PM
TomcoPDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomcoPDR Click here to Send TomcoPDR a Private Message Find more posts by TomcoPDR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

quote:

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Just by the off chance there're reloaders in here looking to split a $50 dangerous goods shipping fee from Tenda? They got sale on: https://www.gotenda.com/product-cat...weekly-special/

I've called them, they said the $50 will cover around 32 lbs. (so four jugs of 8lbs) (and around 3,000-6,000 primers could fit in, but not guarantee)

Oh man, so glad I got my hands on one 8 pounder on sale than wait on group shipping. When I first ordered, wanted 16 lbs total, good thing I just took their last 8 lbs... then a day later it was back in stock (so I made the group split shipping post), but now it's outta stock again.

Reloading inventory control is so freakin tough. You stock up too much components, then you're burning capital and storage, and they're still "worthless" sitting there till you make a functional BATCH of ammo (let alone burning time). But if you don't stock up in components (and the store inventory back orders when u need them), then you end up just buying retail ammo at the store when you need ammo.

Never bought powder jugs this big before.

Old Post 03-20-2017 09:04 PM
997TT

What I drive: 07 997TT
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

so is reloading pretty easy to do? This hobby is damn expensive. After my 4 month wait to get my RPAL, I went a bit overboard.

Got a DDMK18 SBR with acog sight and surefire x400 green dot (tacky I know but a great toy for fking around in my basement with the lights off)

Picked up a Sig Legion SAO and grabbed 1000 rounds of .223 and 1000 rounds of 9mm ammo.

loving my new toys ... pocketbook decline not so much. Haha

Old Post 03-20-2017 10:22 PM
997TT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 997TT Click here to Send 997TT a Private Message Find more posts by 997TT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TYMSMNY
First Gear

What I drive: AMGGGGGGsixtythree
Posts/Day: 0.32
Trader Rating: (24)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

heard the legions are smooooooth as butter. Have a friend that just picked one up, Club Legion.

I'm still loving my P226. Maybe next one will be a glock.

Old Post 03-20-2017 10:33 PM
TYMSMNY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TYMSMNY Click here to Send TYMSMNY a Private Message Find more posts by TYMSMNY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
civic_stylez
Second Gear

What I drive: starts with a screwdriver...
Posts/Day: 0.23
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Originally posted by TYMSMNY
heard the legions are smooooooth as butter. Have a friend that just picked one up, Club Legion.

I'm still loving my P226. Maybe next one will be a glock.

The 226's are super nice. I went with the P320 as i just prefer the pin/striker to the hammer but SIG has done an amazing job with both. The Legions carry and pretty price tag as well.

Old Post 03-20-2017 10:48 PM
civic_stylez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for civic_stylez Click here to Send civic_stylez a Private Message Find more posts by civic_stylez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

quote:

Originally posted by 997TT
so is reloading pretty easy to do? This hobby is damn expensive. After my 4 month wait to get my RPAL, I went a bit overboard.

Got a DDMK18 SBR with acog sight and surefire x400 green dot (tacky I know but a great toy for fking around in my basement with the lights off)

Picked up a Sig Legion SAO and grabbed 1000 rounds of .223 and 1000 rounds of 9mm ammo.

loving my new toys ... pocketbook decline not so much. Haha

IMO reloading requires tons of research and understanding, the act of reloading is probably just as, if not more dangerous than shooting.

I'm fortunate enough someone was willing to show me the ropes I reloaded thousands under his supervision before I was comfortable enough to get my own setup.

I'd say just enjoy shooting first. As a novice reloader, been reading on forums, Google, etc... about "break even" point; my conclusion from majority answer is, you're not saving by reloading, you're just shooting more. (so if your yearly expense for ammo is spending $1,000 retail... with that same $1k you're ready to spend, you just get twice the ammo after putting in the work yourself)

DDMK18 meet?

Old Post 03-21-2017 07:25 PM
Nova316
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Reloading is very safe versus shooting haha
I reload everything I shoot

If you need help let me know I can help you walk through the steps, nothing really dangerous in the reloading process. Shooting reloading rounds that you are unsure about is different tho. Super easy to double charge some rounds like 9mm or 45

At the end of the day you really don't save much money reloading as you'll hoard tons of components, you just get to shoot way more for less money so you end up shooting more than you usually do

Old Post 03-22-2017 07:59 PM
Nova316 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nova316 Click here to Send Nova316 a Private Message Find more posts by Nova316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
997TT

What I drive: 07 997TT
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

DDMK18 meet sounds good.

Old Post 03-22-2017 09:40 PM
997TT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 997TT Click here to Send 997TT a Private Message Find more posts by 997TT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

CZ Scorpion was classified as a commercial version of a SMG and approved for sale in Canada.

Wolverine is bringing in 1000 pistol versions to start at $1,275 a pop, no timeline on the carbine though.

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Last edited by FraserB on 04-07-2017 at 11:01 PM

Old Post 04-07-2017 10:54 PM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GQBalla
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.76
Trader Rating: (58)
User Rating: 139%

quote:

anyone interested in a Dillon RL550B?
projectiles
5000 9mm 124 grn hp
1000 .357
9000+ .223 projectiles

wet tumbler
tons of brass

i think i have at least 3 pounds of titegroup
15 pounds of varget

There is a ton but pretty much everything you need to reload
9mm and 5.56/.223

Old Post 04-07-2017 11:01 PM
GQBalla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GQBalla Click here to Send GQBalla a Private Message Find more posts by GQBalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

quote:

Originally posted by GQBalla
anyone interested in a Dillon RL550B?

Oh come on, you couldn't had posted this 10 days ago..

projectiles
5000 9mm 124 grn hp
1000 .357
9000+ .223 projectiles

wet tumbler
tons of brass

i think i have at least 3 pounds of titegroup
15 pounds of varget

There is a ton but pretty much everything you need to reload
9mm and 5.56/.223

You got prices in mind for each?

Old Post 04-08-2017 01:07 AM
Nova316
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I'll be interested in the 9mm/223 projectiles
Also any 9mm brass as well

If you are parting it out haha

Old Post 04-10-2017 03:40 PM
Nova316 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nova316 Click here to Send Nova316 a Private Message Find more posts by Nova316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kloubek
Fourth Gear

What I drive: A vehicle or two
Posts/Day: 1.14
Trader Rating: (35)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by FraserB
CZ Scorpion was classified as a commercial version of a SMG and approved for sale in Canada.

That is SO pretty.

Originally posted by A790 10/10, would let Jeff in my mouth again.

Old Post 04-10-2017 04:20 PM
Kloubek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kloubek Click here to Send Kloubek a Private Message Find more posts by Kloubek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GQBalla
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.76
Trader Rating: (58)
User Rating: 139%

quote:

TomCo

i have all the upgrades that would look pretty

strong mount
ergo handle
baskets

guys that are PMing me,

i have to do a inventory count.

Old Post 04-10-2017 07:49 PM
GQBalla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GQBalla Click here to Send GQBalla a Private Message Find more posts by GQBalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ben
Ultimate Post Whore

What I drive: A Ford and a Caddy™
Posts/Day: 1.08
Trader Rating: (63)

quote:

TomCo

i have all the upgrades that would look pretty

strong mount
ergo handle
baskets

guys that are PMing me,

i have to do a inventory count.

If you haven't sold it PM me a good used price. Christ that EE on CGN people want what its worth NEW.

Old Post 04-23-2017 01:39 PM
Ben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ben Click here to Send Ben a Private Message Find more posts by Ben Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
civic_stylez
Second Gear

What I drive: starts with a screwdriver...
Posts/Day: 0.23
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Originally posted by Ben

If you haven't sold it PM me a good used price. Christ that EE on CGN people want what its worth NEW.

I love CGN for the political thread and build threads but the EE is out to lunch on pricing 99% of the time.

Old Post 04-24-2017 04:55 PM
civic_stylez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for civic_stylez Click here to Send civic_stylez a Private Message Find more posts by civic_stylez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:26 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > The Gun Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: