Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 100 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 100 of 128 FirstFirst ... 90 99 100 101 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2546

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by schurchill39

I always get treated like shit when I go to Wholesale sports. I've always found most of the employees have a holier than though attitude towards anyone under the age of 45. If I know exactly what I want then I'll go there but if I have any questions forget about it.

Might be worth stocking up on target ammo though for the 12ga.
    This is how anyone involved in firearms treats people period. Its exhausting.

I went down to Aheia in dewinton to shoot some clays yesterday and the level of fudd attitude was off the hook.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 01:34 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

haha I laughed
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by schurchill39

I always get treated like shit when I go to Wholesale sports.

Originally posted by lamp_shade_2000

I typically have the same level of service there but figured I would go and check it out.
    In my experience, seems to get better service there if you're a white customer. Comfirmed opinion when I shopped with a white co worker... I get death stare at check out... white co worker the 45yo housewife cashier wearing them pink Browning sweater basically dropped on her knees. We checked out independently, he's the one that mentioned the segregation service on our way out.

imo, not ethnic friendly.

My Ride
    07 997TT

Great thread. Learned a lot by reading the pages.

Looking for some feedback if anybody is inclined. Took the course sept. Sent in my application right away. Called 3x and finally last week they said I was approved. I should get my license in the next 10-14 days.

My question to you guys if you wanted to spend $5kish on a couple of guns what would you get. I plan on going into the range to shoot a bunch and I've been to the ranges in LV a lot usually to shoot their packages.

I'm debating the sig p226 tacops and the colt le6920.

The handguns seem to be easy enough to find in stock but but the AR's are harder to track down.

So if you wanted to start your gun collection off right which guns would you pick? And any tips on how to get a good ar other than checking websites constantly. I know a lot of site have options to notify you when this item is in stock so maybe that's the best way to go.

My Ride
    07 997TT

Would any of you buy something like this or would you get something cheaper and build it up?

https://gun-shop.ca/product/bushmast...k-pack-5-56mm/

https://gun-shop.ca/product/sig-saue...-18-7-62x51mm/

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

5k is a pretty good budget for a few guns...

Go to CSC and TSE and browse their stock. They have a ton that likely won't be reflected by online in stock counters.

If I was starting a collection I would buy a 10/22, some kind of handgun, a pump shotgun, and since you likes AR's you could get one of those (honestly up to you on which one you want). Maybe add on a bolt action rifle.

You could honestly get all that for 5G without even cheating out THAT much.

In reality I would maybe pick up the AR and a .22 and work from there. Spread the purchases out.

Edit: do you want an actual AR or just a black rifle? There are a lot of pluses to getting a non restricted black vs an AR if you are willing to drop the money.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

CSC has a non-restricted ACR for the same price, but you'd need to buy optics for it and the forward grip.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    07 997TT

I think I'd just go for the restricted Ar since I don't plan on hunting or anything.

Once I get my license I'll be popping over to csc and shooting edge to look at current inventory for sure.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by 997TT
    I think I'd just go for the restricted Ar since I don't plan on hunting or anything.

Once I get my license I'll be popping over to csc and shooting edge to look at current inventory for sure.
    Noob mistake. You pop over and look now so when it arrives, you're ready to buy hahaha

In all seriousness, it's not a bad idea to start doing your research now cause the big annual sales are coming up pretty shortly (Good Friday/Easter?). When my PAL arrived, it came the day right before all the sales and by then I had done all my research so I knew what to get for my first firearm and saved a bit of money.

My Ride
    07 997TT

Good call. I'll head over at lunch and check out inventory now so I have things to research and just to hold it in my hands to see how it feels overall.

I'm jonesing to get a few pieces but would love a good sale too. Save a few hundy and like getting ammo tossed in memberships fees paid for at a club.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

If you are looking at the ACR, I would go non-restricted. Easier to store/transport and the resale on the NR version will be better than the restricted.

My Ride
    2019 RS3, Corolla winter beater

Great thread. Learned a lot by reading the pages.

Looking for some feedback if anybody is inclined. Took the course sept. Sent in my application right away. Called 3x and finally last week they said I was approved. I should get my license in the next 10-14 days.

My question to you guys if you wanted to spend $5kish on a couple of guns what would you get. I plan on going into the range to shoot a bunch and I've been to the ranges in LV a lot usually to shoot their packages.

I'm debating the sig p226 tacops and the colt le6920.

The handguns seem to be easy enough to find in stock but but the AR's are harder to track down.

So if you wanted to start your gun collection off right which guns would you pick? And any tips on how to get a good ar other than checking websites constantly. I know a lot of site have options to notify you when this item is in stock so maybe that's the best way to go.
    Definitely good info in this thread. I did the courses last week and recently sent in my application for the PAL and RPAL. Did it take 4 months to get the license? I was hoping it would be more like 2 months. I plan to start off my collection small and build from there. 22's are always enjoyable and inexpensive to shoot so a semi auto rifle and handgun version may be a good bet. A reliable 12 gauge pump shotgun and 9mm will be on my radar as well. I'll keep adding as money permits.

My Ride
    07 997TT

Originally posted by FraserB

If you are looking at the ACR, I would go non-restricted. Easier to store/transport and the resale on the NR version will be better than the restricted.
    Good points. The bushmaster acr NR is $3400 from what I saw on the web. Man this is gonna be an expensive hobby.

https://store.theshootingcentre.com/...m-xm15-223-rem

I think miy application fell by the wayside. They called my reference within 2-3 weeks. But it still took them forever to process. All 3 times I Called my application was being reviewed by the province. Ie background checks etc. 3rd time I called they literally said "I just approved your application" haha
    If I let it run it's course who knows how long it would've taken.

My buddies did just the NR PAL a week after me and had their license shortly after a month.

Just my opinion regarding the Sig TacOps (I'm a former adjunct instructor with Sig Sauer Academy), the only real advantage to the TacOps model is the magazine capacity, something which you can't take advantage of in Canada legally with our 10 round mag limit. I'd go with a regular 226 or a 229 with a barrel extension in your place. Also, if you want to look at a decent polymer, or striker fired pistol the 2022 and the 320 Sig pistols are excellent as well.

Good advice regarding the ACR, I'm an AR shooter, I've had over 2 dozen different variants in the last 20 years, however if you only can afford one rifle, or it's your first, get a non restricted magazine fed semi auto, there are many options out there. That way you can bush bash with it, shoot it on farm/crown land (with permission on farm land/etc), and not worry about the stupid transport permit/range regulations that fall on the AR platform.

Regarding .22, get yourself a 10/22, and if you want a really good .22 pistol get a Smith 41, or a Smith revolver in .22.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You say you don't care about an ar being restricted. You will.

The flexibility of being able to take your rifle outdoors to crown land or a farm to shoot is amazing (I shoot an XCR NR). As you as you deal with the whole restricted thing a couple times you will realize how irritating it gets.

I have literally not shot my restricteds in 2 years. It's expensive (range fees) and a pain.

If you can afford a NR ACR you will not regret it. Shooting things indoor at 25 - 50 yards with a rifle gets old quick.

If you are going restricted then get a *cheap* AR not an expensive ACR.

I personally get most use out of my Mossberg 500 for clays whether it be in the bush or going down to the dewingon SG range for a couple hours on a Saturday.
    Last edited by killramos; 01-29-2017 at 02:23 PM.

fact.

My Ride
    07 997TT

Thanks for the great advice. Glad I posted. Tacops and colt ar won't be what I get now.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by killramos
    You say you don't care about an ar being restricted. You will.

The flexibility of being able to take your rifle outdoors to crown land or a farm to shoot is amazing (I shoot an XCR NR). As you as you deal with the whole restricted thing a couple times you will realize how irritating it gets.

I have literally not shot my restricteds in 2 years. It's expensive (range fees) and a pain.

If you can afford a NR ACR you will not regret it. Shooting things indoor at 25 - 50 yards with a rifle gets old quick.

If you are going restricted then get a *cheap* AR not an expensive ACR.

I personally get most use out of my Mossberg 500 for clays whether it be in the bush or going down to the dewingon SG range for a couple hours on a Saturday.
    Yeah, if I could find a buyer, I'd be selling my DD AR for an ACR

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Better to have non-restricted for your first few guns. It is a PITA and expensive to have a restricted.

There's tons of fun rifles there that won't hurt the bank like the Beretta CX's, Kel-Tec Sub-2000, or JR Carbines. They're all black rifles and you can go tacti-cool and 9mm ammunition won't hurt the bank even if you shoot 100+ rounds per session.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

In my experience, seems to get better service there if you're a white customer. Comfirmed opinion when I shopped with a white co worker... I get death stare at check out... white co worker the 45yo housewife cashier wearing them pink Browning sweater basically dropped on her knees. We checked out independently, he's the one that mentioned the segregation service on our way out.

imo, not ethnic friendly.
    I disagree. I am about as white as they come and the only time I have ever had anything close to ok service was from another young white dude working at the knife counter (he couldn't be older than 22). The gun counter guys, the front end ladies, and all the old white guys walking around the ammunition are always ass holes. I don't know why I even bother going there some times. I'd rather go without ammo before giving them money.

Its weird because the Wholesale Sports in Saskatoon is the 100% opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

Page 100 of 128 FirstFirst ... 90 99 100 101 110 ... LastLast