Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 96 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 96 of 128 FirstFirst ... 86 95 96 97 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2546

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride

Originally posted by Dave P
    Anyone buy anything fun or exciting lately?

I haven't shot or purchased anything in a while and am getting the itch haha.

Picked up a used FAMAE SG-542, I took it out for the first time the other day...can't decide if I like it yet
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by Anomaly

Picked up a used FAMAE SG-542, I took it out for the first time the other day...can't decide if I like it yet
    Beauty. Those have had nigtmares with the restricted vs non haven't they? I love those rifles.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    16' IS350 AWD / '93 LHD FD3S

Originally posted by civic_stylez

Beauty. Those have had nigtmares with the restricted vs non haven't they? I love those rifles.
    You're thinking of the Swiss Arms "Green" and "Black" rifles. Which have been yes, the Famae are a Swiss Arms licencened Chiliean manufacturer. Not Swiss made, but as close as you can get without spending double.

My Ride
    16' IS350 AWD / '93 LHD FD3S

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Is the difference between g22 and g35, just length?
    its a different frame, so it would be different internally somehow as well. The 22 shares a frame with the 17.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by pfis300

its a different frame, so it would be different internally somehow as well. The 22 shares a frame with the 17.
    U sure? Then it'll be the same frame as a 35 then. Cuz 35 on same frame as a 17 too

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

The 22 is better IMO. They are very similar, other than length, slide travel and radius from the looks of it. The 22 is cheaper and more widely used and trusted than the 35. If you are doing competitive target practice go with the 35 but for all other uses the 22 is better

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

Apart from the frames being the identical, the main differences between g22 and g35 are

- Better trigger -g35
    - longer sight radius for quicker target transition -g35
    - longer barrel for higher projectile velocity -g35
    - Stock adjustable rear sights -g35

g22 to g35 ".40cal" comparison is the same as g17 to g34 "9mm" comparison. I happen to own both g17 and g34 models and I prefer the g34. I am able to shoot F.A.S.T. drills 3/4 of a second faster with my g34 than my g17.
    Last edited by Dirty_SOHC; 01-31-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

U sure? Then it'll be the same frame as a 35 then. Cuz 35 on same frame as a 17 too
    g17, g22, g34, and g35 Gen 4 all same the same frame. Apart from different trigger connectors and trigger springs, the only difference is the trigger housing extractor.

G22 "widely used and trusted" is very subjective.

I've seen more of them have catastrophic failures than any other Glock model. 40.cal round in a pistol designed for 9mm pressure, not really a surprise. 20k is Glock's official service life. I have a file with pictures of every one that failed on my range over the years, and not one made it to 40k, and every round is tracked in the rental pistols. Fortunately most departments and civilians rarely exceed 10k much less 20k with the .40 or .357 sig Glock pistols.

For a competition shooter however, who plans on shooting a lot - picking any of the Gen3/4 9mm Glocks is usually a better option due just to longevity.

Regarding Famae, I have 2 of the first batch of Famae SAF 9mm semi auto subguns that came into the country, and they are both still holding up, under 5k through both, but no broken parts or major failures yet. I have the very first Sig Blue Star rifle (Swiss arms) as well, it was a rental rifle at TSE way back in the day too, god only knows how many rounds have been through it, I myself have put at least 15k through it when I used it for service rifle and just general plinking. Very robust and reliable system, probably the best main battle rifle stock/out of the box out there still. Long stroke gas piston IMO is the best overall operating system, the Swiss Arms/SigPE90 rifles have a great balance between reliability and precision.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

2 of my Russian bubbas, 1 polished turd 1 original.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Any bow guys on the forum?

Heading over to Jim Bows after work today to perhaps pick up a new rig.

Hey Guys,

I recently acquired my PAL and was hoping some of you could shed some light on good places to shoot around the city. I have done some research for ranges in the area, however lots are fairly expensive for what you get. I will likely sign up to one this year but in the meantime am looking for places such as crown land to shoot.

I have heard you can shoot at McLean creek however I am unfamiliar with the area and wanted suggestions as to where are good, safe places to go. Something with a large burm or hill to shoot into and something that isn't near an off road trail or public area. For now I will be shooting mostly .22's.

Where are beyonders going these days? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by lamp_shade_2000

Thanks
    My vote Calgary shooting centre. CSC

Hey Guys,

I recently acquired my PAL and was hoping some of you could shed some light on good places to shoot around the city. I have done some research for ranges in the area, however lots are fairly expensive for what you get. I will likely sign up to one this year but in the meantime am looking for places such as crown land to shoot.

I have heard you can shoot at McLean creek however I am unfamiliar with the area and wanted suggestions as to where are good, safe places to go. Something with a large burm or hill to shoot into and something that isn't near an off road trail or public area. For now I will be shooting mostly .22's.

Thanks
    if you're looking to go outside, Trochu is where i would go.

seems to be free everytime i've been not sure if there actually is a membership though...

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Hey Guys,

Thanks
    TSE for indoors and Milo/Shepard Range for outdoors...

My Ride
    Upass

I am looking at picking up the Rugger Precision Rifle

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...6-5-creedmoor/

Debating between 0.308 or 6.5 Creedmoor. Any good local places to pick up 6.5 for a decent price? Seems like it's a lot more competitive in price down in the states to the 0.308 but still pretty expensive up here.
    Last edited by Nav13; 03-22-2016 at 05:07 AM.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

For only 400-500 yards, a standard .30-06 or .308 hunting rifle with ok glass will be more than enough IMO. If you're ever going to take up hunting, maybe just pick up a nice bolt gun and use that to get started so it will still make a decent hunting rifle when you're ready to move up. When you get good and want to reach out further, then I'd go to the custom sub-MOA heavy target everything but for your needs now, damn near any decent bolt gun would work.

My Ride
    Hatred

The Ruger Precision rifle is amazing. Only shot it at a range at 100 yards but a very impressive rifle. I shoot in .308 and am pretty happy with that. My rifle does sub MOA at 100 yards but haven't taken it out further yet. If you went with 6.5 I believe they are pretty much double the cost per shot.
    -U

My Ride
    Upass

Edit: Sorry Unknown I some how totally missed your post before replying. Damn I didn't realize it was going to cost that much more to shoot 6.5, I guess I will stick to .308 than.

----Original post------------------

I hear ya. Both those guns are bolt actions. The Tikka would be a mid range gun similar to at Remington 700. The Ruger from what I am reading is a bargain for what it comes with.

I prefer to spend a little more upfront and have something I can use for a really long time instead of buying a cheaper gun and then wanting to upgrade soon after.

Anyways I am getting ahead of my self with a lot of my question, the main question I need help with is 0.308 or 6.5. Is 6.5 gonna cost me a lot more?

Also I have no desire to hunt, nothing against it, but for now, it's not even on my radar.
    Last edited by Nav13; 03-21-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Originally posted by Nav13
    [B]Edit: Sorry Unknown I some how totally missed your post before replying. Damn I didn't realize it was going to cost that much more to shoot 6.5, I guess I will stick to .308 than.
    I'd stick with the .308, if you start reloading the components are much easier to find.
    6.5 CM will have a shorter barrel life as well. IIRC 6.5CM is about $2-2.5/rd if you can find anywhere that has it in stock

Page 96 of 128 FirstFirst ... 86 95 96 97 106 ... LastLast