Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 39 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 39 of 128 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gun Thread

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Gave it a cleaning, lube, and riced it up with some new grips.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Nice Kimber Dz

Going shooting again tonight if anyone wants to join.

On another note, My PAL status was just updated to say it's shipped, 32 days from when they received it. Not bad since my second reference just did his interview yesterday. It was updated an hour after he got off the phone...

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Picked up my lower Now the rifle is mostly complete, just have to choose optics. The entire rifle is mil spec MOE. Thinking of a Holo & Acog hybrid sight.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Did my holster certification the other day, the magazine safety was a nuisance, so over the weekend I punched out the rear pin, removed the sear block and removed the mag safety, added a spring to fill the gap.

Trigger can now be pulled without a magazine.

If anyone is a range member at CSC or the Shooting Edge and you own a pistol. Do yourself a favor and pick up a holster and belt and sign up for this course.

Even if you never plan on using a holster at the range it's a crazy fun course and teaches you a lot of basics and some really basic intro to shooting sports. 6+ hours of hands-on training with live ammo in the range is well worth the 75$ signup fee.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 04-16-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Even more fun supposedly is the Tactical Pistol course, it's a two day course and you also get a pistol certification out of the deal, just teaches you more.

On an unrelated topic, the 1911 I posted a picture of I unfortunately wasn't able to get (none of the distributors in canada had one and they said could be up to 6 months by the time I got it) so I picked up the Scorpion Carry, shot my first 50 rds through it the other day and am very happy with the results.

Last edited by Go4Long; 04-17-2012 at 03:55 AM.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

That's pretty fucking sweet. I love the way the Scorpion looks. If I wasn't already expecting the Ruger SR1911, I would've definitely got one myself.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Yeah, and I'm really impressed with it accuracy wise for a handgun...going to go shoot some more with it tomorrow night me thinks.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

You bastard! I want one lol

Very good choice BTW.

A Wather P22 Target has been added to the collection.

Last edited by Tomaz; 04-18-2012 at 04:11 PM.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

You can shoot it any time you want. And thanks, it's awesome. I love it like a fat kit loves cake.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by Go4Long
    Even more fun supposedly is the Tactical Pistol course, it's a two day course and you also get a pistol certification out of the deal, just teaches you more.
    Any specifics on this, where to sign up, dates etc?
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

They run it a couple times a month at CSC. Sign up at the front desk.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by Go4Long
    They run it a couple times a month at CSC. Sign up at the front desk.
    Do you know any parts of it that go further than the holster course? The holster course is also a two day thing and it goes through a lot of tactical drills, it even had some basic intro to shooting sports included.

Tried Trap Shooting for the first time today, so much fun I was just using an old bolt action 12ga so I'm going to have to look into getting something a little better suited for the task lol.

I'm taking the Gf to the Calgary Shooting Centre tomorrow, try out shooting pistols and see how that goes. We've had our RPAL's for like 3 years and haven't tried pistols yet

You guys have any tips for shooting Pistol? All my shooting experience has been rifles and shotguns.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by Modelexis

Do you know any parts of it that go further than the holster course? The holster course is also a two day thing and it goes through a lot of tactical drills, it even had some basic intro to shooting sports included.
    If you really want good training and certification, get your Black Badge. This will give you the proper certification to use holsters at ranges, and give you the per-requisets to enter IPSC competitions.

Originally posted by Hamann
    Tried Trap Shooting for the first time today, so much fun I was just using an old bolt action 12ga so I'm going to have to look into getting something a little better suited for the task lol.

I'm taking the Gf to the Calgary Shooting Centre tomorrow, try out shooting pistols and see how that goes. We've had our RPAL's for like 3 years and haven't tried pistols yet

You guys have any tips for shooting Pistol? All my shooting experience has been rifles and shotguns.
    Congrats on trying trap! It is one of the most fun activities you can do with firearms!

I have lots of tips, but it is really hard in text format. lol The range officers will give you some basics to work on. In the future, I dont mind sharing what I have learned.

There are two things I can share with you today:

Stance and Grip: Establish a firm, comfortable grip using both hands. The range officer will show you the best grips.
    Many people lean their upper body back, you want the opposite. Keep more weight on your toes, roll your shoulders forward.

Sight picture: Try and train to shoot with both eyes open. It took me months to learn how to do it, but I find my target acquisition is much faster, and I shoot a lot more relaxed.

Be safe and have fun!

Beyond's Most Wanted

Originally posted by Tomaz
    There are two things I can share with you today:

Stance and Grip: Establish a firm, comfortable grip using both hands. The range officer will show you the best grips.
    Many people lean their upper body back, you want the opposite. Keep more weight on your toes, roll your shoulders forward.

Sight picture: Try and train to shoot with both eyes open. It took me months to learn how to do it, but I find my target acquisition is much faster, and I shoot a lot more relaxed.

Be safe and have fun!

Well I think I did pretty good for my first time with a Pistol, Tried both a Glock and a Beretta (Both 9mm) would of stayed longer but had to pick up the dog from the Vet's.

Tried shooting with both eyes open for a couple rounds, that is definetly something I'm going to need to work on in the future.

So much fun I feel like I've been missing out lol, I've Been shooting for years and can't believe I've never tried Trap or pistol before.

Here's a picture of my target (Shot at 5m)

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

looks pretty good man...all on the paper

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

So we figured out how to program the targets at CSC this afternoon and that's pretty fun! It was cool to change it up and have moving targets instead of stationary ones (not that I was really great with stationary ones haha)

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Finally received my PAL in the mail yesterday, submitted the transfer application last night, called this morning to confirm everything, they asked if I would be requesting a STATT and LTATT as well, I said yes, she added it to the file and about 5 minutes ago I got an email with the transfer and both ATTs. Alberta CFO does good work.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Congrats! Yeah, we're pretty lucky with the Alberta CFO. Apparently it's not uncommon for CFOs in other provinces to take about two weeks to approve transfers. The guy I purchased my GP-100 from in Ontario was shocked when I told him the Alberta CFO approved the transfer the day after he started it on his end.

Speaking of which, it finally arrived in the mail today.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Nice...what calliber?

Page 39 of 128 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast