Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 101 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 101 of 128 FirstFirst ... 91 100 101 102 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2546

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by schurchill39

The gun counter guys, the front end ladies, and all the old white guys walking around the ammunition are always ass holes.
    Yes, those are the dicks (imho) staff I notice too at wholesale. Tempted to do a social experiment see if C_Dave45 and Speeddog would most likely get VIP treatment.

Ok, good good, at least a whitey getting bad service too. Cancels out my rant... ditto, I usually just shop online (Dirty_SOHC always a good source to point you to right direction), or locally exclusively at CSC store.
    Last edited by TomcoPDR; 01-29-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Yes, those are the dicks (imho) staff I notice too at wholesale. Tempted to do a social experiment see if C_Dave45 and Speeddog would most likely get VIP treatment.

Ok, good good, at least a whitey getting bad service too. Cancels out my rant... ditto, I usually just shop online (Dirty_SOHC always a good source to point you to right direction), or locally exclusively at CSC store.
    Whitey checking in here as well. Awful service at wholesale always. I'm younger (30) so that may be part of it? The girls at the checkout are always peasant to deal with though. Only really had problems with the guys working the gun counter. Just don't seem interested in helping anyone under the age of 50.

Cabela's has always been great to deal with though. Just far from home for me.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Wholesale counter they are 100% unwilling to help. They might begrudgingly hand you merchandise in exchange for money. Sometimes.

The only things I ever buy there is ammo and clays when they have sales. Bought an optic once and it took like 45 minutes.

Bass Pro is just as bad, i swear last time I bought something there they were actively trying to be enough of a pain to make me leave before i could actually buy something. The number of forms they made me fill out to pick up a pump shotgun was kind of hilarious, kept quoting "new regulations" .

And people wonder why Canadians buy guns online.
    Last edited by killramos; 01-30-2017 at 08:20 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    07 997TT

Looking for feedback on which one you would buy for $2500?

1. Colt MRR
    2. Daniel defense MK18

If inclined why you choose one over the other.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by 997TT
    Looking for feedback on which one you would buy for $2500?

1. Colt MRR
    2. Daniel defense MK18

If inclined why you choose one over the other.
    Disclaimer: I don't shoot as a profession nor part of my daily job (so I can't answer durability or reliability of neither in real life applications) So purely personal opinion to answering you. I'm bias for MK18 lol, there's a certain looks to the DD that I like over Colt in general.

My Ride
    07 997TT

That looks awesome man.

Thanks for the feedback. I just got my license in the mail. Time to go shopping!!

My Ride
    bus

Why buy USA when you can buy Canadian. I would get the Colt Canada MMR. Calgary shooting center has both barrel lengths in stock.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by killramos
    Wholesale counter they are 100% unwilling to help. They might begrudgingly hand you merchandise in exchange for money. Sometimes.

The only things I ever buy there is ammo and clays when they have sales. Bought an optic once and it took like 45 minutes.

Bass Pro is just as bad, i swear last time I bought something there they were actively trying to be enough of a pain to make me leave before i could actually buy something. The number of forms they made me fill out to pick up a pump shotgun was kind of hilarious, kept quoting "new regulations" .

And people wonder why Canadians buy guns online.

So true. There is a guy who has been there since it opened and he was at Russell Sports prior to that I believe. Hes such a fucking asshole. Like hes doing me a favor... fetch me my powder boy!

His responses are almost always sarcastic and passive agressive. I was looking for pistol powder and I didnt even get to finish my sentence and hes barks back "yah we dont have it". Told him it was on the powder stock whiteboard right beside him. "Oh... that powder...nobody uses that..."

Years of his arrogance culminated in one triumphant moment of backtalk. I had enough. I actually asked him if I fucking stuttered. I told him he needs a reminder of his spot in the retail food chain. Im not the one that obviously hates his wife and home and peddles guns for 15 bucks an hour. I asked him if he would get me what I asked for or do I need to ask someone else. He told me it was now out of stock. I found his boss, I got my powder.

And it wasnt some oddball powder it was Longshot. A terrific pistol powder for full power 9mm and 40sw loads.

Such a dog shit store. I get a LEO discount there and I still avoid it like the plague.

And for the guy looking for a pistol. Get a 9mm. Cheap to feed. For a first gun.

Hand guns are personal preference. I am partial to SigSauer as I own a few. Just like their feel, their operation and triggers (sa/da , SRT, Decockers etc). Also have a half dozen 1911s of various makes. Something about the big slow hard hitting simplistic power of a 45acp from a 5" steel 1911. Hell even buy a cheap norinco 1911. Great bang for your buck! A lot of folks like glock. Im indifferent myself. They shoot well enough but I prefer the non polymer stuff. I only bought my polymer H&K because I use it on the job. Very well made however and nicer fit finish IMO to the glocks. But glock is a good bargain.

A good second hand gun is a trusty 357 magnum revolver. Everyone needs a nice wheel gun. They never Jam and they pack a punch! S&W or Ruger will do.. 6" Barrel. Good weight and laser accurate. And then when you think you have enough buy that 50 cal desert eagle youve always wanted because fuck peoples opinions. I love mine. I shoot it all the time. Classic Snatch movie quote... "Mine says Desert Eagle Point Five Oh... yours says Replica..." a desert eagle in any other caliber is not worth it. Its kind of like buying an Enzo with a briggs and stratton lawn mower engine... whats the point.
    Travel

Does anyone have a mossberg 500 or Remington 870 combo (28" & 18.5" barrels) they are looking to sell?
    Last edited by vengie; 02-10-2017 at 07:53 AM.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Originally posted by Ben

So true. There is a guy who has been there since it opened and he was at Russell Sports prior to that I believe. Hes such a fucking asshole. Like hes doing me a favor... fetch me my powder boy!

His responses are almost always sarcastic and passive agressive. I was looking for pistol powder and I didnt even get to finish my sentence and hes barks back "yah we dont have it". Told him it was on the powder stock whiteboard right beside him. "Oh... that powder...nobody uses that..."

Years of his arrogance culminated in one triumphant moment of backtalk. I had enough. I actually asked him if I fucking stuttered. I told him he needs a reminder of his spot in the retail food chain. Im not the one that obviously hates his wife and home and peddles guns for 15 bucks an hour. I asked him if he would get me what I asked for or do I need to ask someone else. He told me it was now out of stock. I found his boss, I got my powder.

And it wasnt some oddball powder it was Longshot. A terrific pistol powder for full power 9mm and 40sw loads.

Such a dog shit store. I get a LEO discount there and I still avoid it like the plague.
    I was with a buddy who was buying a Tikka T3 chambered in 7mm rem mag and it took forever to convince that grumpy prick to do his job. From the time we walked in to the time he was able to get the gun, scope, and rings it was about an hour. I don't know why he put up with it because its not like its a rare gun but it was painstaking to watch. Its like the guy didn't want to take his money and we were severely inconveniencing him by asking him to sell us anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

^That's really the only way i can explain what its like shopping there. I think we are all basically talking about the same guy.

I mean what motivates this. Is there just that few people with PAL's willing to do the job?

Overall i find most people in the industry to be incredibly off-putting and full of themselves ( as if their having a PAL makes them god's gift to women or something ) but that dude at wholesale is a whole other level.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride

Aside from the curmudgeon mentioned, my experiences at the Calgary wholesale sports are usually pretty good
    Edmonton South one was pretty bad the one time I was there. I think the writing's on the wall for Wholesale anyway, they closed their Regina store and none of their stores seem really busy. Added to that, increased competition from Cabelas, Bass Pro, Canadian Tire....I think within 5 years they're gone...

The best, AND Worst service I've had in town is from the Calgary Shooting Center. There's 1-2 guys there that always go above and beyond. But have dealt with a couple guys that are just absolutely useless, and look like they work there so they have an excuse to wear cargo pants.

Originally posted by killramos

Overall i find most people in the industry to be incredibly off-putting and full of themselves ( as if their having a PAL makes them god's gift to women or something )
    too true

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

Anyone looking for Campro projectiles? 124gr 9mm RN is back in-stock!

Rsprojectiles.com

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

^ You're the best. I love me some 303.

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Has anyone had a set of custom moulded earplugs maden Calgary? Been wanting a pair to wear for shooting and sledding.

What reputable gunsmiths do you guys get your work done from?

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by notoriouss
    What reputable gunsmiths do you guys get your work done from?
    What do you need done?

I Deal with Cameron Arms out of Red Deer. Sig Armourer, does lots of Glock and SW work too. Very knowledgeable and a great guy!

Just picked up my new Sig P226 from him last week.

And I placed another order with ya Rollie!
    Travel

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC
    Anyone looking for Campro projectiles? 124gr 9mm RN is back in-stock!

Rsprojectiles.com

Originally posted by TYMSMNY
    ^ You're the best. I love me some 303.
    Exactly... RS Projectiles

Was just at 911 Supply today, those guys are always great (to me)... The trio they call "triad" don't work there anymore, they started their own shop Blackbox customs. (old news, but just re-phrasing, on that whole topic of wholesale sucks for service as it seems)

I also always have perfect experience from CSC though. (to Anomaly comment)... If you're on a good streak being at the range a lot, the staff there will get to understand you and better able to adjust to your needs at whatever level you're at with this sport. (just imo from experience, CSC wise)

My Ride
    Lease

Just by the off chance there're reloaders in here looking to split a $50 dangerous goods shipping fee from Tenda? They got sale on: https://www.gotenda.com/product-cate...eekly-special/

I've called them, they said the $50 will cover around 32 lbs. (so four jugs of 8lbs) (and around 3,000-6,000 primers could fit in, but not guarantee)

If I was organizing, here are my conditions:

-MUST be over 18, and valid PAL license
    - $50 dangerous goods fee split into 4 groups of 8lbs jugs only
    - Each 8 lbs jug pays $12.50 shipping related (1/4 shipping related), GST related to your powder cost
    - Email e-transfer PAID FIRST for your order to count
    - If Tenda has room for the few thousand for primers, then it's first person to apply/paid for their min. 8lbs jug, to get that bonus space, imo. (I'm good on primers)
    - Meeting point for exchange product, CSC

On the reverse, I'm willing to pay someone to organize too:

- $239.99 Hodgdon Titegroup Smokeless powder 8lbs, plus $12.50 shipping (1/4 of 32 lbs. max out), plus GST
    - I am over 18 years of age, with valid PAL
    - Will e-transfer you first (to good standing Beyonder)
    - Meeting exchange at CSC

Page 101 of 128 FirstFirst ... 91 100 101 102 111 ... LastLast