Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 99 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 99 of 128 FirstFirst ... 89 98 99 100 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2546

Thread: The Gun Thread

Originally posted by carson blocks
    Another great move for public safety.. How can people who know so little about the subject be in charge of making the rules?
    RCMP don't make laws tho its just their interpretation
    Huge discussion going on at CGN about it
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...Threads-Merged

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I just picked up a new rifle and need to sight in the scope before hunting season. Typically I would head back to my buddies farm in Saskatchewan to do it but I don't see a trip there in the near future. Does anyone know of a drop in range, or crown land with ~200 yards within an hour or so of calgary?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Grimace

Response to the AR15 petition
    https://petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Peti...Petition=e-111
    The Government thanks these petitioners for their representations.
    The Government believes in balanced, effective measures with respect to firearms that prioritize public safety while
    ensuring that law abiding firearms owners are treated fairly under the law. The Government has committed to getting
    handguns and assault weapons off our streets and to strengthening
    controls on such weapons.
    The Government is committed to putting decision making authority about weapons classification back into the hands of
    police, not politicians. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police is responsible for the technical determination of the
    classification of firearms in accordance with the criteria stipulated by Parliament in the Criminal Code.
    The Criminal Code Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons,
    Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited, Restricted or Non-
    Restricted list the
    Armalite Rifle (AR)-15 as a named variant of the restricted M-16 rifle. The AR-15 is restricted because of its lineage to the military-issued M-16 assault rifle.
    The Government has no intention of using section 117.15 of the Criminal Code to change the classification of the AR-15

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Cant say im surprised. People are trying to de-restrict firearms and the RCMP is going after .22 magazine sizes. They will continue to chip away at firearms owners. My thoughts are that the SKS will be the next in their sights due to its "lineage to the AK47 assault rifle". Its almost laughable how the government groups criminals/gangster with law abiding and tax paying gun owners.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    Grimace

Time to buy a tavor before they restrict it because it looks scary

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Originally posted by civic_stylez
    *SNIP* My thoughts are that the SKS will be the next in their sights due to its "lineage to the AK47 assault rifle" *SNIP*
    This.
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Grimace

So, before the last election, the public safety minister put in a directive to the RCMP that if they couldn't classify a gun within 180 days, it would be classified as the manufacturers recommendation. Luckily, the Goodale found out about it and rescinded it. Now the RCMP can continue to take years to make their decision.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/guns...laws-1.3753514

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I got my Tikka 7mm dialed in last weekend. I could only put 32 rounds through it before I cried uncle but I think I am ready for hunting season.
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by schurchill39
    I got my Tikka 7mm dialed in last weekend. I could only put 32 rounds through it before I cried uncle but I think I am ready for hunting season.
    Beauty, but why 32 rounds?

Do you reload and do load development?

I just do long range target stuff (1000m+) and before I braked my 300, it was 15-20 tops before I wasn't having fun anymore lol. Now you can fire it with one hand haha.

I invested in a laser bore sight in all my firearms calibers. Looks like a cartridge and you just throw it in the chamber and close the bolt / action. laser emits from bore, line up reticle on it, guaranteed first shot paper, another 3 or 4 to tighten up and generally good to go. let the bore cool and do a five shot group, should be all you need.

I made the mistake of firing a couple of boxes through my 300 when I first got it to sight it in. developed a flinch that took a while to get rid of even after the ATRS brake.

What you looking for this season? I'd like to take an elk. Never hunted before, but I figure it would be nice to have some new meat in the freezer.

Just wish I could do some scoped handgun hunting up here.
    Travel

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Originally posted by Ben

Beauty, but why 32 rounds?

Do you reload and do load development?

I just do long range target stuff (1000m+) and before I braked my 300, it was 15-20 tops before I wasn't having fun anymore lol. Now you can fire it with one hand haha.

I invested in a laser bore sight in all my firearms calibers. Looks like a cartridge and you just throw it in the chamber and close the bolt / action. laser emits from bore, line up reticle on it, guaranteed first shot paper, another 3 or 4 to tighten up and generally good to go. let the bore cool and do a five shot group, should be all you need.

I made the mistake of firing a couple of boxes through my 300 when I first got it to sight it in. developed a flinch that took a while to get rid of even after the ATRS brake.

What you looking for this season? I'd like to take an elk. Never hunted before, but I figure it would be nice to have some new meat in the freezer.

Just wish I could do some scoped handgun hunting up here.
    I was breaking the gun in so shoot 1, clean, shoot 1 clean, etc for the first box. I've never shot anything bigger than my 30-30 or .303 so I was just getting used to it at 100 yards. Then once I got a really tight grouping I went up to 200yds and continued the sighting/grouping. I'm fairly new to shooting/hunting so it was mostly getting used to my gun. My grouping at 200yds wasn't very good but that's because I was flinching pretty hard near the end there. The gun is stupid light and the limb saver wasn't helping me much after 25 or so rounds.

I got tags for general white tail, antlerless mule in WMU 148, and antlerless elk in WMU 359 (in January unfortunately). I also got game bird for both Alberta and Saskatchewan as I typically make a goose hunting trip up at my buddies farm in come October. Geese make awesome jerky!

EDIT: I have a fairly extensive collection of older guns passed down to me from my grandpa so I'm going to start with the 7mm Tikka and see where the season takes me as far as what else I decide to hunt with.
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

To many rifles are like to many wives stay with the one you love.
    I choose my Browning BLR lever action .308 OVER MY 300, 270 AND 30-06.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Bah no such thing as too many guns. Its like a tool box you pick the tool for the job.

I dont need a 50, but I have one, for those times you need one.
    Travel

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

I went to an estate sale early of a gunsmith that had shot himself. He left his entire estate to his ex wife. She didn't know what anything was worth and I left with a lot of good stuff including a Sten MK II smg completely disassembled in a Canada post box at the bottom of a box of books (long sold)

Anyways he had a vault in the basement with 566 guns. Mine is small and definitely stuffed but I can always make room lol
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by civic_stylez
    My thoughts are that the SKS will be the next in their sights due to its "lineage to the AK47 assault rifle".
    Well that would be a step backwards, especially since they just approved the Type 81 for import due to the fact that it shares a similar action to the SKS (the Chinese 81 was actually indigenously modified off the SKS) but looks like it could be an AK variant at first glance.

I surely hope not anyways since I'm looking to get a collapsible stock 81 soon.

My Ride

Originally posted by n1zm0

Well that would be a step backwards, especially since they just approved the Type 81 for import due to the fact that it shares a similar action to the SKS (the Chinese 81 was actually indigenously modified off the SKS) but looks like it could be an AK variant at first glance.

I surely hope not anyways since I'm looking to get a collapsible stock 81 soon.
    I was definitely impressed (and a bit surprised) that the type 81 was allowed here. A nice synthetic stock/grip on that gun will look really nice. The RCMP is just really unpredictable with guns/parts that they blacklist. Now with the support of Trudeau i see things getting worse before better.

Heads up for those in need. Wholesale Sports has 20% off all regular price firearms and ammunition for today and tomorrow as part of their customer appreciation sale. I just stocked up on ammo this morning.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Originally posted by lamp_shade_2000
    Heads up for those in need. Wholesale Sports has 20% off all regular price firearms and ammunition for today and tomorrow as part of their customer appreciation sale. I just stocked up on ammo this morning.
    I always get treated like shit when I go to Wholesale sports. I've always found most of the employees have a holier than though attitude towards anyone under the age of 45. If I know exactly what I want then I'll go there but if I have any questions forget about it.

Might be worth stocking up on target ammo though for the 12ga.
    I'm generally cute.

Originally posted by schurchill39

I always get treated like shit when I go to Wholesale sports. I've always found most of the employees have a holier than though attitude towards anyone under the age of 45. If I know exactly what I want then I'll go there but if I have any questions forget about it.

Might be worth stocking up on target ammo though for the 12ga.
    I typically have the same level of service there but figured I would go and check it out. They had tons of staff working and I had help immediately. Best experience I have had there so far. Stocked up on .22 and 9mm. I may go back for some target load 12ga as well. Typically though, I stick with Cabelas.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Sold my tacticool 10/22 red-dot scoped build to a beyonder and replaced it with this little guy. It's a Savage 64 FXP, only $169 including the scope at Cabelas. It's actually way nicer than I expected for the money. Now, time to take the gf out and get her comfortable with a scoped rifle before moving her to my 30.06 for deer season.

If any of you guys are looking for a beater .22, I don't think you can beat this one. The bolt hold/release is kinda shitty, but the overall quality is good, and I dare say the trigger is better than a stock 10/22.

Last edited by carson blocks; 01-14-2017 at 04:50 PM.

My Ride

i purchased the Savage 64FVXP recently (same gun with heavy barrel/bushnell scope) and was very impressed with the accuracy for the cost. 10mins to sight in at 50 yards at the range and shes constant with the groupings. Great gun! Gophers will be dropping like flies this spring!

Page 99 of 128 FirstFirst ... 89 98 99 100 109 ... LastLast