Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 42 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 42 of 128 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by KRyn
    I am simply inquiring why he bought such a gun, I never implied that he shouldn't buy it or he should buy something different. Holy Christ you are a plug.

P.S - Cool story bro! Congratulations on buying a surf board!
    Why does he need to justify his purchase to you?
    Maybe it is for home defense, but who cares?
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Had the pleasure of shooting a Franchi Instinct (I believe a company owned by Benelli) on the weekend. Amazing Over Under. I want one haha. Had the least amount of kick of any 12 guage I have ever shot.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by Modelexis

Why does he need to justify his purchase to you?
    Maybe it is for home defense, but who cares?

Obviously he doesn't, why do I need to justify asking a question to you?
    I don't care but I am interested, why do you care so much about what I am interested in?

The trolls are hungry this morning! Good thing I am in a generous and giving mood!

Originally posted by Dave P
    Had the pleasure of shooting a Franchi Instinct (I believe a company owned by Benelli) on the weekend. Amazing Over Under. I want one haha. Had the least amount of kick of any 12 guage I have ever shot.
    Dave, what was the price on the Franchi Instinct? Also how does it compare to any other O/U you have shot? I am in the market for a nice O/U. I have been looking at the 686 and 625/725.
    Last edited by KRyn; 07-16-2012 at 09:13 AM.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

I don't care but I am interested, why do you care so much about what I am interested in?
    You should have worded your comment more carefully, something like this:
    "I'm interested to know why you bought this tactical shotgun"

Rather than:
    "Why do people buy 'tactical' shotguns in the first place? It's not for home defense; it could be used for protection when hiking? It's funny to see guys trying to shoot clays with short barreled shotguns. The clay gets more than 20 feet from them and they can’t hit them."

Obviously the comment shows that you aren't taking it seriously and are not curious but instead would just like someone to justify for you their purchase.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    78 civic

Why do people buy 'tactical' shotguns in the first place? It's not for home defense; it could be used for protection when hiking? It's funny to see guys trying to shoot clays with short barreled shotguns. The clay gets more than 20 feet from them and they can’t hit them.

For some "tactical" shot guns you can buy optional longer barrel.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by Modelexis

You should have worded your comment more carefully, something like this:
    "I'm interested to know why you bought this tactical shotgun"

Rather than:
    "Why do people buy 'tactical' shotguns in the first place? It's not for home defense; it could be used for protection when hiking? It's funny to see guys trying to shoot clays with short barreled shotguns. The clay gets more than 20 feet from them and they can’t hit them."

Obviously the comment shows that you aren't taking it seriously and are not curious but instead would just like someone to justify for you their purchase.
    I am sorry to have offended Beyond's White Knight. In the future I will be sure to word my sentences in such a way that don't hold any of my personal beliefs, values or prejudices. As the internet is obviously not the place for such things and butt hurt trolls are likely to become offended; again, my sincerest apologies.

Originally posted by 78si

For some "tactical" shot guns you can buy optional longer barrel.
    Good call, you can turn your back packing / bear gun into a clay / bird gun.
    Last edited by KRyn; 07-16-2012 at 09:51 AM.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Anyone looking for a cheap 1911 for shits and giggles? Canada Ammo has 1000 rounds of .45 and your choice from three Norinco 1911's for $600, shipping included.

https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...ds-combo-deal/

I don't need another one, but fuck that's tempting especially since I'm already getting the ammo....

just finished filling out my papers for the my restricted and non restricted.

just need to get a photo taken now.

than sending it away to wait..

hahah finally filled it out after passing the exam last year
    Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Anyone looking for a cheap 1911 for shits and giggles? Canada Ammo has 1000 rounds of .45 and your choice from three Norinco 1911's for $600, shipping included.

I don't need another one, but fuck that's tempting especially since I'm already getting the ammo....
    frig that is a good deal....

i wish i had my license now to buy it

anyone want to buy it for me (ill pay or something will be worked out till i get my license)

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by GQBalla
    frig that is a good deal....

i wish i had my license now to buy it

anyone want to buy it for me (ill pay or something will be worked out till i get my license)
    Just contact them and see if they'll let you pay for it now and send it to you once your PAL has been approved. Most retailers are pretty cool about that.

Dave, what was the price on the Franchi Instinct? Also how does it compare to any other O/U you have shot? I am in the market for a nice O/U. I have been looking at the 686 and 625/725.
    I am not sure the price on the gun, as it wasnt mine. I heard it was a couple grand though.

I have not shot many O/U's. I shot a Mossberg Onyx O/U, and a Winchester 101 (???). The Franchi was way above in quality/feel on both of those.

The 686 is a Beretta right? I cant see that being a bad choice.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by HO2S

I've been doing it that way for 20 years, never been asked to leave once. Granted the places I go there are no houses in sight.
    If your shooting game, You must have permission. For vermin no one cares.
    That's entirely untrue. If I saw you tresspassing and shooting on my land and you were there without asking, I'd be quite unimpressed. What a stupid thing to tell other people to do.

My Ride
    2015 GMC 2500HD Dirtymax

Figured I'd see what you guys thought of my most recent purchase.

Just bought a Browning BPS Hunter 12 Gauge. 28" barrel. Bottom in bottom out ejection. Been pretty happy with it so far, have only done 2 days of skeet shooting with it though. Only complaint is that it fingerprints up quickly

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by blubs
    Figured I'd see what you guys thought of my most recent purchase.

Just bought a Browning BPS Hunter 12 Gauge. 28" barrel. Bottom in bottom out ejection. Been pretty happy with it so far, have only done 2 days of skeet shooting with it though. Only complaint is that it fingerprints up quickly

Great gun, my buddy bought one and I have shot it on numerous occasions. Cycles well and has yet to hiccup!

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Sure! My fee is that you must buy me one too. lol
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Hey guys,

I am having issues with all this extra humidity lingering the past while. A couple of my guns are beginning to rust. Any suggestions to help prevent this? What are you running to keep your guns rust free?

Before it gets asked, yes, I clean and oil often.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

Just contact them and see if they'll let you pay for it now and send it to you once your PAL has been approved. Most retailers are pretty cool about that.
    Ill try that! thanks!

Originally posted by Tomaz

Sure! My fee is that you must buy me one too. lol
    ahahah someone has PMd me with a better deal.

just weighing out my options right now.

Do i have to get passport photos? or will any photo do?

thanks for posting this.

i have been poking around looking for a 9mm pistol but this seems like a pretty solid deal. hadnt been looking at 45s much because of the higher ammo costs.

does anyone have any feedback about this ammo and pistol? i hate buying things that i have never had a chance to hold in my hand. reviews online are generally positive for this model.

I am simply inquiring why he bought such a gun, I never implied that he shouldn't buy it or he should buy something different. Holy Christ you are a plug.

P.S - Cool story bro! Congratulations on buying a surf board!
    I bought it simply because it looks badass and I wanted a shotgun to add to my collection. Already have a pistol, rifle and my AR, needed a shotgun and that fit the bill.

My friends have skeet shooting shotties, so no real point in buying the same shotgun, when only one person shoots at a time anyways.

Ill try that! thanks!

ahahah someone has PMd me with a better deal.

just weighing out my options right now.

Do i have to get passport photos? or will any photo do?
    You don't need passport photos for your PAL/RPAL. I just took mine against a wall at home, printed it out and cropped it to the specified size and it was all good.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by Tomaz
    Hey guys,

I am having issues with all this extra humidity lingering the past while. A couple of my guns are beginning to rust. Any suggestions to help prevent this? What are you running to keep your guns rust free?

Before it gets asked, yes, I clean and oil often.
    The only thing I've heard about is leaving a thin coat of oil on your guns if that's an issue and wiping it down before you take it out shooting.

Ill try that! thanks!
    If they aren't willing, I can order it for you if you give me the money before hand and I'll hold onto it until you have your PAL in exchange for a couple boxes of ammo

Originally posted by s3v3n
    does anyone have any feedback about this ammo and pistol? i hate buying things that i have never had a chance to hold in my hand. reviews online are generally positive for this model.
    The ammo is a bit dirtier than most other brands, but then again it's quite a bit cheaper. I can't speak for the gun itself, but there's a lot of people who are quite happy with their Norinco's on CGN especially since it costs just a few hundred bucks. Some people even use them as the base of their project 1911's.

Page 42 of 128 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast