Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 91 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 91 of 128 FirstFirst ... 81 90 91 92 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2546

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Hey I am thinking of picking up a trap thrower ( figure it will pay for itself with us breaking clays or missing throws every other time with a hand thrower lol). nothing to expensive, budget is around 100 or lower.

Anything I should be looking for or is this the type of situation where picking up an El cheapo 50 buck thrower is going to do same thing.

Not looking for anything special but i dont want to feel like i need to upgrade in 6 months.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Originally posted by killramos

if you are refering to:

Nothing in there states anything about requiring an arbitrary membership to a gun range. Just proof that you practice shooting at one.

A note from any of the salesmen at CSC who know me from my visits there stating " Killramos has been known to practice shooting here" would 100% satisfy those requirements. or a receipt as Fraser mentioned.

Didn't you quit the hobby Mr. fountain of knowledge?
    Yeah, real fountain when a guy shares info from the correct source... Keep em coming there bullet brain. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Since you know more than everyone about everything, figure it out.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by heavyfuel

Yeah, real fountain when a guy shares info from the correct source... Keep em coming there bullet brain. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Since you know more than everyone about everything, figure it out.

Gonna make it easy for ya, didn't quit. Had a change of heart, sold off stuff that didn't make sense, bought a few new toys, turned up the ignore settings to paranoid doomsday fanatics, now it seems to make a lot more sense. And much more enjoyable.

Spoke to a CFO this morning for a short term ATT required for moving into my condo this Friday, and to give them my new address and get a LT ATT, so I specifically inquired about and referenced this argument, and was told that " So and so has been known to practice shooting here" most certainly is not satisfactory for retention of a LT ATT/restricted ownership.

HOWEVER,

As I understood it, she said I do not need to provide proof of a club membership RENEWAL until my long term ATT expires, in 2019. Which is in direct contradiction to the above. She also said that as of now, a short term ATT is required to take your gun to a gunsmith that is not at a shooting range. Which creates further confusion because on my new Long term ATT with my new address, it clearly states that I can take it to a free-standing gunsmith. Sounds like they don't even know wtf is going on.

So you can all do whatever you want, I'm gonna be better safe than sorry and just provide proof of a valid club membership each year.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by heavyfuel

Sounds like they don't even know wtf is going on.

The only valuable part of your post.

The only place you can get REAL information is by reading the actual firearms act.

The RCMP documents are simply interpretations as well, and have in many cases been incorrect since the induction of the act.

Obey the word of the firearms act, and avoid contact with the CFO's at all costs because regardless of what is actually law they have the ability to make you jump through whatever hoops they want to for the time being.

Originally posted by killramos

Obey the word of the firearms act
    Well duhh Einstein

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by FraserB
    Just a heads up, Bass Pro has Federal white box match ammo for $21.99/325rnds. Had a huge pile last night.

Also have the Winchester white 222 boxes for $13.99

Thanks for the heads up!

Still lots as of the 26th. Bought a case of each and its probably as good a deal as we will find. A lot of places sell those automatch for 27-29 due to gouging and poor Canadian dollar
    Travel

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Any of you guys who've built tacticool SKS rifles have your old beat up wood stocks kicking around? I'm trying my hand at refinishing rifle stocks, fairly happy with my first result but the stock was shit to begin with. I'd like to try again so I'd love to get some old SKS stocks to play with. I'd also look at cheap, beat up rifles or shotguns that need wood refinishing (I have PAL of course).

If anyone has a Thureon Defense up for sale, please let me know. Didnt act fast enough on Aerobat's, looking to get one.

Dave

My Ride

Finally finished my Garand built off the Italian receivers that were for sale last year, missing the buttplate in the picture since I lost the screws

The Worst: stuck at work when a new package arrives hahah
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dave P; 03-31-2015 at 01:09 PM.

Anyone pic up anything cool from the gun show or tse easter sale?

My Ride
    Upass

Sorry if this has already been discussed here before but it's a bit tough to go through a 90 page thread to see if it has. Where is a good place to take the Pal course? Does any place in calgary stand out?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Does anyone know if it's a big deal if I lost my PAL? I'm 90% sure it's gone. I blame my kids, they steal everything and hide it.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Does anyone know if it's a big deal if I lost my PAL? I'm 90% sure it's gone. I blame my kids, they steal everything and hide it.
    Not a big deal. Just call CFO and tell them. They mail you another application or you print one off. Mail it with i think it's 60 bucks?

Comes in a few weeks

My Ride
    Modded junk

Originally posted by Nav13
    Sorry if this has already been discussed here before but it's a bit tough to go through a 90 page thread to see if it has. Where is a good place to take the Pal course? Does any place in calgary stand out?
    Calgary Shooting Centre, $300 for the PAL/RPAL class and they'll give you a discount on $150 on your first year's membership.

Originally posted by Nav13
    Just don't go to ITTA, they don't let you leave for, or bring your own lunch and force you to pay for their overpriced sandwiches.

My Ride
    Hatred

AHEIA, you just donate whatever you want to take the course. But around 40 per course seems to be what most people donate.
    -U

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Bushmaster is up for sale. Going to concentrate on my Glock and DD for the time being. Its listed in the marketplace, but I'll swing a deal for someone through here.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 03:39 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Page 91 of 128 FirstFirst ... 81 90 91 92 101 ... LastLast