Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Thomas Dang wants to eliminate DST

Author
Thread
C_Dave45
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Originally posted by NoPulp
I think I'd rather not have a shift. It doesn't take long to adjust, but still annoying. In the winter I'd rather have sunlight longer into the evening.

So you want "daylight saving" to be applied year round? In the winter time it wouldn't be getting light until almost 10 o'clock in the morning!
Really?!! I'd find that fucking depressing as hell.

Last edited by C_Dave45 on 03-13-2017 at 03:03 AM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-13-2017 03:00 AM
C_Dave45 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C_Dave45 Visit C_Dave45's homepage! Find more posts by C_Dave45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

NoPulp
First Gear

What I drive: 1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 2004 Mustang GT
Posts/Day: 0.92
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by C_Dave45

So you want "daylight saving" to be applied year round? In the winter time it wouldn't be getting light until almost 10 o'clock in the morning!
Really?!! I'd find that fucking depressing as hell.

In the winter I go to work in the dark regardless of the time change or not. It's depressing as hell to go to work in the dark and drive home in the dark... I'd rather enjoy my time off work in the light than have light in the morning.

1994 Mustang - 4.2 V6 swap w/M112 Supercharger Build Thread
2004 Mustang GT - Track Build Thread

Old Post 03-13-2017 03:10 AM
NoPulp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NoPulp Click here to Send NoPulp a Private Message Find more posts by NoPulp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gestalt

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

My wife showed me the suncalc website, and if I am using it right, winter time should be used all year, as that puts solar noon closest to 12:00 o clock for most of the year. With this leap forward, we are getting solar noon at 1:45

Old Post 03-13-2017 03:31 AM
Gestalt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gestalt Click here to Send Gestalt a Private Message Find more posts by Gestalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
16hypen3sp
First Gear

What I drive: '14 CBR 1000RR, '15 Victory Highball, '14 Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.58

quote:

Either keep it as is or keep DST year round. I will be pissed if we lose our later evening sun in the summer.

07 CBR 600RR-Sold
11 Honda Fury-Sold
14 CBR 1000RR-Current
14 Ram 1500-Current
14 Optima LX-Current
15 Victory Highball-Current

Old Post 03-13-2017 04:40 AM
16hypen3sp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 16hypen3sp Click here to Send 16hypen3sp a Private Message Find more posts by 16hypen3sp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OTown
Neutral

What I drive: '15 Tacoma TRD DCLB
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
Either keep it as is or keep DST year round. I will be pissed if we lose our later evening sun in the summer.

+1

Old Post 03-13-2017 04:42 AM
OTown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OTown Click here to Send OTown a Private Message Find more posts by OTown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.08

quote:

I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Old Post 03-13-2017 03:37 PM
ZenOps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R154
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.28
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by ZenOps
I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

sig'd

Join me.

Old Post 03-13-2017 03:44 PM
R154 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R154 Click here to Send R154 a Private Message Find more posts by R154 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Join me.

Also slow down the orbit so there are more summer months for the northern hemisphere. The south is always warm anyways!
15 month years please!

Old Post 03-13-2017 03:52 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco
sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)

What I drive: Rage2
Posts/Day: 0.72
Trader Rating: (30)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

i am all for it, its a stupid archaic thing that really doesn't benefit anybody.

Old Post 03-13-2017 04:17 PM
Thaco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Swank
Neutral

What I drive: 2007 Civic Si
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

The only thing I don't like about DST is the twice a year whining about it. In fall I get extra sleep, in spring I get extra sun after work, who the hell doesn't want more sleep and sun? Bunch of narcoleptic vampires

Old Post 03-13-2017 04:30 PM
Swank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Swank Click here to Send Swank a Private Message Find more posts by Swank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.66
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

So for North America, getting rid of DST in Alberta would gain us what advantage when probably 95% of North America still has DST?

Old Post 03-13-2017 04:52 PM
speedog is online now Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.26
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

I love DST. Who needs more than 5-6 hours of sleep besides babies?

Old Post 03-13-2017 05:03 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sexualbanana
Second Gear

What I drive: Altima Se-R
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

Originally posted by FraserB
Wasn't there an article a while back that showed that DST results on more power usage?

They mentioned it on the news I saw this morning. I guess in Ontario, DST cuts power consumption by 1.5%, while in Alberta it raises consumption by 1%.

Apparently we get up for work earlier or something.

Old Post 03-13-2017 05:08 PM
sexualbanana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sexualbanana Click here to Send sexualbanana a Private Message Visit sexualbanana's homepage! Find more posts by sexualbanana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleks
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 17 Honda Ridgeline, 12 Honda Odyssey, 04 330i zhp
Posts/Day: 0.87
Trader Rating: (13)

quote:

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
I love DST. Who needs more than 5-6 hours of sleep besides babies?

Everyone under 65

Joined 07/2002

Old Post 03-13-2017 05:15 PM
Aleks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aleks Click here to Send Aleks a Private Message Find more posts by Aleks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Escape

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05

quote:

Originally posted by speedog
So for North America, getting rid of DST in Alberta would gain us what advantage when probably 95% of North America still has DST?

I can see more and more states and provinces ditching dst in the coming years. alberta is just getting a head start.

especially BC, i think they will follow quickly if alberta goes ahead

Old Post 03-13-2017 05:44 PM
Escape is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Escape Click here to Send Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.26
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Originally posted by Aleks

Everyone under 65

on much sleep does Arnold Schwarzenegger get?
I've always figured out that there 24 hours a day. You sleep six hours and have 18 hours left. Now, I know there are some of you out there that say well, wait a minute, I sleep eight hours or nine hours. Well, then, just sleep faster, I would recommend.Apr 19, 2012

Old Post 03-13-2017 06:32 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 11:15 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Thomas Dang wants to eliminate DST

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: