Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Time for a new lawnmower

Author
Thread
Rocket1k78
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by A790
I have a Kobalt 19" cordless electric. I love this thing. Came with two batteries- one lasts about an hour, the other for half an hour. I can do my entire front/back and trim on a single battery.

The batteries plug into any other Kobalt cordless electric product, from mowers to trimmers.

I'm very happy with it. Starts in 3 seconds, is quiet, and does a great job.

Bought the Kobalt too and so far so good. For a female, injured male or male with female tendencies this is a good mower. Easy to start and super quiet. This isn't for huge yards and im sure the batteries will need replacing but for me its worth it to just push button start.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-10-2015 12:42 AM
Rocket1k78 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocket1k78 Click here to Send Rocket1k78 a Private Message Find more posts by Rocket1k78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

jdmakkord
Second Gear

What I drive: MDX
Posts/Day: 0.40
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I use a Honda powered husqvarna gas mower. Starts on 1 pull every time.

Old Post 09-10-2015 03:54 AM
jdmakkord is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdmakkord Click here to Send jdmakkord a Private Message Find more posts by jdmakkord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lsc2g
Neutral

What I drive: Audi S4 6spd
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

EGO electric battery mower.. works amazing.. easy to charge/quick.. folds up for easy storage.. not cheap but hopefully will last 10-12 years for me

http://egopowerplus.com/products/mower

Old Post 09-10-2015 02:06 PM
lsc2g is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lsc2g Click here to Send lsc2g a Private Message Find more posts by lsc2g Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redline
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.33
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Get something Honda powered. I have one and its great, starts first pull every time.

I finally changed oil in it after ten + years of ownerships and still runs like a champ... these things are indestructible.

I bought mine at sears on some half price sale as well

Old Post 09-10-2015 05:14 PM
redline is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redline Click here to Send redline a Private Message Find more posts by redline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LLLimit

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

Originally posted by The_Penguin
Thanks for all the replies.
Didn't another lawnmower thread (I always find them after I start a new one) mention that Briggs and Stratton engines are no longer the decent quality they once were?

I have a 3 year old craftsman, with this one being the current model:
http://www.sears.ca/product/craftsm...000927525-36476

The only problems I have is after a deluge of Calgary rain and the subsequent growth spurt, the B&S can't power through any semi-damp and long grass. It'll choke up between the deck & blade, and you have to reach under the deck and remove it.

Push start is marginal convenience over pull cord.
Desk wash port means I don't have to tip the mower over to spay underneath, and having fuel leak out the cap or flood the engine.
RWD lets me drink my XL Mcdonalds coffee on one hand and pilot the machine on the other.

Old Post 09-10-2015 05:23 PM
LLLimit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LLLimit Click here to Send LLLimit a Private Message Find more posts by LLLimit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Originally posted by Rocket1k78
For a female, injured male or male with female tendencies this is a good mower.

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. Learn more @ SimplifiedSEO.com (website under dev).

Old Post 09-10-2015 05:37 PM
A790 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sloan

What I drive: GTI
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

I have a Ryobi from HD. I have a small lawn, and really enjoy the battery power. 1 battery can do front and back no problems. I would recommend if your lawn is not big, and you dont let you lawn grow too long, can get tougher. I used a manual mower for a couple of years, but my lawn is very healthy now, so went battery. happy with mine. Not heavey, 16" i beleive.

Old Post 09-11-2015 05:04 AM
sloan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sloan Click here to Send sloan a Private Message Find more posts by sloan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
craigcd
First Gear

What I drive: KTM
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (14)

quote:

Figured I would bump an old thread rather than starting new. My mower finally kicked the bucket..... and I am sick of dealing with a crappy mower for my large back yard.

My requirements:
- gas- no electric
- ability to run a thatching blade (this might be standard not sure)
- self propelled, my yard is big and kind of sloped a bigger wheeled push model might suffice?
- bagging ability
- would like to spend less than $500

Does anyone have suggestions?

Briefly looked at HD, I cant imagine paying ~$500 for a Toro with a Briggs and Stratton motor. They also had Lawn Boys but not sure if they compare to their predecessors.

I was looking at some of the Husqvarna's at Alberta Forrest and Garden. They are around $500 and have a Honda motor.

Online reviews seem to be pretty hit and miss on mowers in general.

Thanks!

Old Post 04-11-2017 04:39 AM
craigcd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for craigcd Click here to Send craigcd a Private Message Find more posts by craigcd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thinmyster
Second Gear

What I drive: toyota MR2
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (28)

quote:

http://www.rockyhonda.com/default.a...r=xAllInventory

I have this guy I believe - from Rocky Mountain Honda. No complaints other than the mulch setting drops all the clippings right in front of the left wheel rather than spreading them evenly under the deck. Seems to be a common complaint. Itís more of an issue if you donít mow your lawn often.

Iíll never buy another electric mower

Old Post 04-11-2017 05:49 PM
thinmyster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thinmyster Click here to Send thinmyster a Private Message Find more posts by thinmyster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
craigcd
First Gear

quote:

I will have to add rocky Honda to the list. Are there any other stores out there I am missing? Went and looked at some Husqvarna s today. Seem decent but for $519 I guess they better be. If I spend that much I hope to never buy another haha

Old Post 04-11-2017 07:24 PM
craigcd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for craigcd Click here to Send craigcd a Private Message Find more posts by craigcd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
90_Shelby
First Gear

What I drive: Volvo, V-Wagon
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Go here: http://www.abforest.com/ buy a Husqvarna.

Old Post 04-11-2017 08:09 PM
90_Shelby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 90_Shelby Click here to Send 90_Shelby a Private Message Find more posts by 90_Shelby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
craigcd
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by 90_Shelby
Go here: http://www.abforest.com/ buy a Husqvarna.

Yup, they are my go to. Just seeing if there was any where else I should be checking out.

Old Post 04-11-2017 09:22 PM
streetdreams
Neutral

What I drive: 85 toyota 1 ton, AE86, 04 Taco
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

Snapper mowers!!

My grandfather used to teach small engine repair and still does service work on mowers. This is the by far the best mower i have ever owned.

https://www.snapper.com/na/en_us/home.html

Old Post 04-11-2017 09:26 PM
streetdreams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for streetdreams Click here to Send streetdreams a Private Message Find more posts by streetdreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
craigcd
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by streetdreams
Snapper mowers!!

My grandfather used to teach small engine repair and still does service work on mowers. This is the by far the best mower i have ever owned.

https://www.snapper.com/na/en_us/home.html

There was a actually a funny add for a used one on Kijiji. No idea where you would buy new. Has a Briggs engine..... not sold on that. Although the mower itself is supposed to be great.

Currently trying to decide between:

Husqvarna HU700F and LC221RH- guy at the store couldnt really articulate the difference so need to figure it out myself.

Old Post 04-12-2017 01:47 AM
JordanEG6
FKA: TeamCrewcial

What I drive: Honda E Toaster
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (41)

quote:

Originally posted by jdmakkord
I use a Honda powered husqvarna gas mower. Starts on 1 pull every time.

This. If you can shell out money for a Husq with Honda motors, they work awesome.

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current

NEW LISTING SELLING OVER 200-300 PAIRS OF SNEAKERS ** CLICK*** OR PM ME

Old Post 04-12-2017 08:59 PM
JordanEG6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JordanEG6 Click here to Send JordanEG6 a Private Message Find more posts by JordanEG6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suntan
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Use gas with no ethanol, change out oil, spark plug + air filter every two years. 15 year old Craftsman with B+S engine. Still starts on first pull.

Also re-sharpen or replace the mower blade every year.

Old Post 04-12-2017 11:18 PM
suntan is online now Click Here to See the Profile for suntan Click here to Send suntan a Private Message Find more posts by suntan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:56 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Time for a new lawnmower

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: