Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > Tinnitus

Author
Thread
soupey
Third Gear

What I drive: 2011 Audi TTs
Posts/Day: 0.55
Trader Rating: (100)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Wouldn't be a bad idea to head to your optometrist if it's a longstanding problem. Sometimes can be related to elevated intracranial pressure. Simple dilation and/or visual field test can check for any problems on that end. All should be covered by AHC

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-26-2016 05:29 AM
soupey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for soupey Click here to Send soupey a Private Message Find more posts by soupey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.65
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

I've just learned to live with it, exercise, sleep, relaxation, diet, nothing seems to help. Don't notice it as much when I'm concentrating/busy on something but once in a more quiet environment then I'll notice it's there. Sitting here on the couch, yupp, got that high pitched squeal in the middle of my head. It would be quite something to experiance complete silence but I suspect that'll never happen again. Sucks.

Old Post 05-26-2016 05:30 AM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CompletelyNumb
First Gear

What I drive: Ford F150
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Sleep with white noise, avoid silent rooms, mj.

Old Post 05-26-2016 07:38 AM
CompletelyNumb is online now Click Here to See the Profile for CompletelyNumb Click here to Send CompletelyNumb a Private Message Find more posts by CompletelyNumb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suntan
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Do you guys get your ears cleaned out? My wife went to an ENT about something else and she had a monster ear wax clump pulled out. Ever since she's had way less headaches.

Damn speedog. Didn't know you had tinnitus. I'm never giving you a hard time ever again about anything.

Old Post 05-26-2016 04:46 PM
suntan is online now Click Here to See the Profile for suntan Click here to Send suntan a Private Message Find more posts by suntan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
firebane
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Fuck tinnitus. I've had it for so many years most of the time I don't even notice it. But then when its quiet or I'm not really paying attention my ears ring nicely.

Not sure when it happened but I know it sucks.

Old Post 05-26-2016 05:07 PM
firebane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for firebane Click here to Send firebane a Private Message Find more posts by firebane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nav13
First Gear

What I drive: Upass
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

Originally posted by soupey
Wouldn't be a bad idea to head to your optometrist if it's a longstanding problem. Sometimes can be related to elevated intracranial pressure. Simple dilation and/or visual field test can check for any problems on that end. All should be covered by AHC

Mine started after not being able to equalize my ears while scuba diving. Canceled the dive but still managed to screw my right ear up.

Was learning to live with it but then it just amped up in volume a couple months ago. Driving me nuts again. The hyperacusis sucks too.

Going for a check up with the ENT again in a couple weeks. I'm sure he wont have much to say other than to try to habituate.

I might try these guys

http://www.calgaryearcentre.ca/

Old Post 06-09-2016 06:40 AM
Nav13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nav13 Click here to Send Nav13 a Private Message Find more posts by Nav13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.65
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

Damn ringing is going to drive me bonkers, seems worse than ever in the last couple of weeks. No changes to my routine or diet, a few stressful things off of my plate in recent months and yet the tinnitus is worse. I can't even remember what silence is like, gonna try some herbal stuff and massaging trigger points. Can't cut out alcohol because I'm lucky if I have one beer in a month, amount of sleep also not an issue. Will also cut out caffeine, not a big coffee drinker, maybe 1 or 2 cups a day plus the occasional Coke but maybe abstinence from both might help. Just would like a little break from the ringing.

Old Post 04-02-2017 03:26 AM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

I feel you bud. Started getting Tinnitus as a byproduct of visual snow. It's a real treat.

I find having some kind of background noise helps.

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. Learn more @ SimplifiedSEO.com (website under dev).

Old Post 04-02-2017 03:23 PM
A790 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sumguy777

What I drive: d|o__o|b
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

Sort of related...

I did have a mild case of tinnitus. I worked as an apprentice at an automotive shop and thought the exposure to air tools was the case. This was a few years ago, I was freaking out because I thought I was losing my hearing ( as a 22 year old ). I had my hearing checked out and everything checked out to be fine. They also did an allergy test on me as the docs said it could be related. At the time the doctors asked if I had any additional sensitivity in my mouth said it could be that my wisdom teeth were coming in and putting pressure on a some nerves which caused my tinnitus. After a few months, my wisdom teeth did not come in but I actually think that was the main cause for my tinnitus, and it did go away.

Old Post 04-03-2017 05:10 AM
sumguy777 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sumguy777 Click here to Send sumguy777 a Private Message Find more posts by sumguy777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HuMz
First Gear

What I drive: 2010 frontier pro-4x
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

I developed it after a 2 month period of high stress and poor sleeping. The good thing is that your brain gets used to it after a while. Like mentioned white noise is the only thing that helps, I sleep with my bathroom fan on.

I've also noticed that it is much worse if I have a bad night of sleep or been really stressed. For stress, progressive muscle relaxation exercises seem to help a bit.

Old Post 04-03-2017 02:30 PM
HuMz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HuMz Click here to Send HuMz a Private Message Find more posts by HuMz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:48 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > Tinnitus

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: