Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > Tips for car rental savings?

Author
Thread
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

We used Costco the last few times and they were quite a bit cheaper. Also if you use Expedia and do Flight/Hotel/Car from them, you can get some ridiculous deals.

Also if you need more than a compact/economy car, just book a compact and upgrade when you arrive - it will be way cheaper than pre-booking it. When I was in SanDiego, we went from an economy car to a Corvette for $150 for a week, but I think the lady working there was trying to do us a favor.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-20-2017 03:52 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

Re: Re: Re: Tips for car rental savings? quote:

Originally posted by C_Dave45
Whoa: $525 for pre-paid!!

Yeah, the pre-paid seems to be hit or miss. I saved a couple hundred bucks on a week long rental last time. Always worth checking.

Old Post 03-20-2017 03:52 PM
ExtraSlow is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Feruk

What I drive: G6
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Just rented for San Diego this morning. $160 CAD for 5 days.

Skyscanner.ca

Old Post 03-20-2017 06:01 PM
Feruk is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Feruk Click here to Send Feruk a Private Message Find more posts by Feruk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (40)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

AutoSlash

Originally posted by max_boost
Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

Old Post 03-20-2017 06:34 PM
Strider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Find more posts by Strider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.65
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

renting from a non airport location will save you some $$, but it has to outweigh the transport costs to and from the airport.

If you only need a car here and there, see if your hotel has a rental location and just rent when you need the car. save the parking fee.

Old Post 03-20-2017 06:55 PM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Akumaz

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

if you have CAA or AMA, go through their travel department
was able to get some really good deals in peak season

Old Post 03-21-2017 04:24 PM
Akumaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Akumaz Click here to Send Akumaz a Private Message Find more posts by Akumaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C_Dave45
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.45
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

So far, no one has come close to my very first search on Expedia. So I'll just stick with them I guess.
Probably just do the four days. The last four are at the hotel/resort which also charges $50+ per day for parking. So we'll just Uber it around while we're there and skip a car rental. Saves over $300 right there.

Old Post 03-21-2017 07:11 PM
C_Dave45 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C_Dave45 Click here to Send C_Dave45 a Private Message Visit C_Dave45's homepage! Find more posts by C_Dave45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco
sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)

What I drive: Rage2
Posts/Day: 0.71
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

yeah honestly Uber is probably the way to go, if you're doing touristy stuff, you'll probably have parking fees there, plus finding a spot, plus car rental, plus hotel parking fee, well over $100/day, even if you go over that a few days with Uber, the convenience of being dropped off at the front door of everything would offset that (disclaimer, i have never used uber, but when considering the options, it seems great for something like this where everybody is out to milk you.)

Old Post 03-21-2017 08:12 PM
Thaco is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C_Dave45
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.45
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

We used uber daily on our last Vegas trip. Best thing ever. Never had to wait more than about 6 minutes. No tipping, no fumbling with cash or credit card. Just pull up to your destination and get out. Like having your Mom drop you off at the mall! Haha.
The first four days we're staying with friends in suburbia San Diego, so a car is a must. Also I hate returning a rental car at the airport. I much prefer being dropped off right at the terminal.
Can't wait for the trip.

Old Post 03-21-2017 08:44 PM
C_Dave45 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C_Dave45 Click here to Send C_Dave45 a Private Message Visit C_Dave45's homepage! Find more posts by C_Dave45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:13 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > Tips for car rental savings?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: