Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Top Gear season 23 (2016)

Author
Thread
The_Rural_Juror
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.37
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by spikerS

Very nice. His rant on the Rolls in episode 5 was cringe worthy.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-04-2016 03:50 PM
The_Rural_Juror is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The_Rural_Juror Click here to Send The_Rural_Juror a Private Message Find more posts by The_Rural_Juror Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Bladeh
Neutral

What I drive: Gas guzzler!
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Good! ginger tosser!

Went from 4 million viewers to 1.9 million for last nights episode. I believe the rest are returning..... although Eddie Jordan is a waste of space.

Old Post 07-04-2016 07:47 PM
Bladeh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bladeh Click here to Send Bladeh a Private Message Find more posts by Bladeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Feruk

What I drive: G6
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

They're all a waste of space besides Matt LeBlanc. Why try to mask a lack of chemistry by bombarding us with SIX presenters? Hire two guys LeBlanc can work with and call it good.

Old Post 07-04-2016 07:58 PM
Feruk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Feruk Click here to Send Feruk a Private Message Find more posts by Feruk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
austic
Neutral

What I drive: Born in Stuttgart
Posts/Day: 0.07

quote:

The old guy was pretty boring, trying to create a new James May.

Sabine had one funny line in the whole series talking about how crappy the zo6 was compared to her Ferrari.

Old Post 07-04-2016 08:10 PM
austic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for austic Click here to Send austic a Private Message Find more posts by austic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...sexual-assault/

This may be why he's quitting/fired.

Conspiracy theory says The Beeb had this in their back pocket in case they want to get out of the 3 year contract with Evans.

Last edited by Xtrema on 07-04-2016 at 09:54 PM

Old Post 07-04-2016 08:23 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LilDrunkenSmurf
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 5 of em
Posts/Day: 1.08
Trader Rating: (42)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by Feruk
They're all a waste of space besides Matt LeBlanc. Why try to mask a lack of chemistry by bombarding us with SIX presenters? Hire two guys LeBlanc can work with and call it good.

Originally posted by austic
The old guy was pretty boring, trying to create a new James May.

Sabine had one funny line in the whole series talking about how crappy the zo6 was compared to her Ferrari.

I expressed the same opinion elsewhere, this is what I wrote (pre-Evans quitting):

I hate Evans. He feels forced and over enthusiastic. I enjoy Leblanc, and how stoic he is in comparison. I like Harris and Reid, but I feel like neither of them would do well in front of the audience. They're great in the car, but they're not performers. I really like Sabine, and feel like she could take over for Evans, but I feel like she may get frustrated with the language barrier from time to time. Eddie Jordan straight up bores me. He's like the worst part of James May stripped out into a boring person.

I straight up hate the change to the star in a reasonable priced car. There's no point to the whole "vote for one of the guests" because Evans will just award a point to make it a tie before the race anyways. And when they do the "explain what Guest B is doing right now" is super forced, especially when you realize they're straight up reading off a teleprompter. You always knew they were there to push a movie, album, or something, but at least there was some kind of conversation there. Now it's just shilling between clips, and there's no news bit anymore. The actual change to a Rallycross race is fine.

That being said, I'll still watch it. I do enjoy the pre-recorded clips.
Modify message

Old Post 07-04-2016 08:41 PM
LilDrunkenSmurf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LilDrunkenSmurf Click here to Send LilDrunkenSmurf a Private Message Find more posts by LilDrunkenSmurf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Finally got around to watching this. Agree with everything posted above by Smurf.

Chris Evans is a massive douchebag. Matt LeBlanc is great.

Old Post 01-16-2017 03:49 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bladeh
Neutral

quote:

Enjoyed the first episode of the new series 24, much better than the last series, got rid of Evans and now just Matt LeBlanc, Chris Harris and Rory Reid.

Back to the old formula and back to the old Top Gear race track with a decent car.

Old Post 03-05-2017 10:40 PM
Bladeh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bladeh Click here to Send Bladeh a Private Message Find more posts by Bladeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NoSup4U
Neutral

What I drive:
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

Has anyone seen a premiere date for BBC Canada?

Old Post 03-06-2017 03:25 AM
NoSup4U is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NoSup4U Click here to Send NoSup4U a Private Message Find more posts by NoSup4U Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
Neutral

What I drive: 09 WRX
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Haven't seen but a stream link was posted on Reddit.
It's much improved. In fact I kinda like it more than The Grand Tour.

Old Post 03-07-2017 03:55 AM
VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN Click here to Send VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN a Private Message Find more posts by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alanaround

What I drive: '15 Golf GTI, '10 Jetta TDI
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Just watched episode 2 of season 24 and given that they're only 2 episodes in with the new, new format I think they've got a great thing going - Harris does a good job of commentating while doing the reviews, brings it back round to being more car-orientated with his humour and descriptive comments (almost like Tiff did when he was on TG), leblanc seems a bit more relaxed and the guest this week fitted in well as they went back and forth on the sofa regarding what he drives and his lap experience.

Old Post 03-15-2017 03:49 AM
alanaround is online now Click Here to See the Profile for alanaround Click here to Send alanaround a Private Message Find more posts by alanaround Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Grand Tour has morphed into something completely different, but still entertaining in a different way. TG S24E02 has Top Gear almost as good as it used to be and the 3 are getting along well. The presentation is awesome and classic TG, made me want to drive all the cars on the episode.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 03-15-2017 04:07 AM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alanaround

What I drive: '15 Golf GTI, '10 Jetta TDI
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Originally posted by rage2
Grand Tour has morphed into something completely different, but still entertaining in a different way. TG S24E02 has Top Gear almost as good as it used to be and the 3 are getting along well. The presentation is awesome and classic TG, made me want to drive all the cars on the episode.

totally agree, I laugh a bit more at GT for the antics, but last night's TG had me excited and totally engrossed during the Alfa and 911/Huracan segments.

Old Post 03-15-2017 02:15 PM
alanaround is online now Click Here to See the Profile for alanaround Click here to Send alanaround a Private Message Find more posts by alanaround Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
95EagleAWD
Second Gear

What I drive: S54 M Coupe
Posts/Day: 0.43

quote:

Yeah, the 911/Lambo segment was wicked.

Old Post 03-15-2017 05:28 PM
95EagleAWD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 95EagleAWD Click here to Send 95EagleAWD a Private Message Find more posts by 95EagleAWD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
klumsy_tumbler
Neutral

What I drive: 987.2
Posts/Day: 0.11

quote:

Am I the only one that was hoping that LeBlanc would be the one driving the 911 so that he could don his famous Porsche outfit?

Old Post 03-16-2017 06:58 PM
klumsy_tumbler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for klumsy_tumbler Click here to Send klumsy_tumbler a Private Message Find more posts by klumsy_tumbler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtremeSi
First Gear

What I drive: B7 A4, ZX-6R
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

10x better than last season. So glad Chris Evans quit.

The driving segments are great, but the studio bits still seem a little uncomfortable. Having the guest on for half the show is weird and it feels like they scripted everything they were going to say. Oh well, still enjoyable. I'm glad we have TG and GT now!

Old Post 03-16-2017 09:18 PM
ExtremeSi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtremeSi Click here to Send ExtremeSi a Private Message Find more posts by ExtremeSi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J_P

What I drive: E46 323, V8 Corolla....
Posts/Day: 0.00

quote:

Originally posted by ExtremeSi
10x better than last season. So glad Chris Evans quit.

The driving segments are great, but the studio bits still seem a little uncomfortable. Having the guest on for half the show is weird and it feels like they scripted everything they were going to say. Oh well, still enjoyable. I'm glad we have TG and GT now!

I agree on the heavy script. Bang on with the guest for half the show. Anything that is spontaneous is awkward at times as the chemistry needs to brew a season before it will become better, as it did the first season of TG with the original trio.
I really hope they push to get some of the top drivers from the previous reasonably priced cars back on to prove that it wasn't a fluke, and for us to gain some reference.

Old Post 03-24-2017 03:12 AM
J_P is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J_P Click here to Send J_P a Private Message Find more posts by J_P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bladeh
Neutral

quote:

The muck spreader was pretty dope!

http://www.independent.ie/business/...r-35551530.html

Old Post 03-24-2017 01:11 PM
The time now is 10:51 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Top Gear season 23 (2016)

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: