Originally posted by eblend
I did some more reading online, and going to spell it out here and see if anyone notices any flaws with this plan:
1. Check-in online, use my Russian passport, as I am dealing with the Airline. The airline will verify that I don't need a Visa to go to Brazil, and let me go.
2. Get to the USA customs in Calgary. Present my Canadian passport. Customs don't care where I am going really, they just care about their own boarders, so they let me through as a Canadian citizen.
3. When I arrive in the USA (Huston), I have already cleared customs in Canada, so nothing to worry about, but since it's a connecting flight, do I have to go through customs again? If I have to go through customs again, I just present my Canadian passport as I am leaving USA, and they don't really care where I am going, the airline does.
4. When I get to the gate to board the plane, I show my Russian passport to the airline staff and get on the plane.
5. Arrive in brazil, show em my Russian passport and enjoy.
6. On the way home from Brazil, I show the airline staff my Canadian Passport
7. At customs in Brazil, I show they my Russian passport.
8. From here on, it's Canadian passport all the way, to enter USA and then Canada.
I have a Polish passport (same rules as Russian one where I'd need visa to enter USA but not Brazil) and Canadian passport. I did the exact same thing when traveling to Brazil. You 100% can do this, as long as you have a BIOMETRIC passport. Do NOT try to get a visa to Brazil and use your Canadian passport. The process is a huge pain in the ass. Two of my buddies missed the trip cuz of how slow and incompetent Brazilian visa issuing is.
I can verify this is 100% the way you do it. Your only issue may be checking in online. I had to check in with a human being both times as online/machine wasn't smart enough to recognize that I had 2 passports.
Report this post | IP: Logged