Quantcast
Uber in Calgary Thread - Page 51 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1376

Thread: Uber in Calgary Thread

Originally posted by ercchry
    An Asian in a 1500? Sounds like tomco is driving for uber

Tomco is Asian?????? I thought he was white ...

Originally posted by speedog
    So it's quite apparent that there are beyond members who are using Uber but are there any beyond members who have actually signed up and are driving? Can it continue if there is a lack of drivers?
    I'm doing my class 4 test next week.

Originally posted by Gestalt

I'm doing my class 4 test next week.

So you'll be an Uber driver?

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by dannie

Tomco is Asian?????? I thought he was white ...
    Everybody always thinks he is a white.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by speedog

So you'll be an Uber driver?
    Trying it out part time.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Just got an email saying they're going to "up front fares" no more estimated fares... not sure how this model works with their guaranteed $20/hr for drivers if there is unpredictable traffic

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

I want uberBlack and uberSelect damnit!
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

Called around, found a registry where I can do my class 4 test today, getting my Elvis inspection tomorrow.

My Ride
    Lease

Took uber from southcentre to airport yyc. Driver was from Bangladesh, been here since 2006. Black RAV4.

Sorry I just contributed the encouragement increasing the amount of bad drivers out there. Entire trip was under 20k/h. Going 60 on Anderson leading up to Deerfoot merge (suppose 80, for those northerners that's not familiar with Deep South), going 80 on Deerfoot (middle lane) till we past Glenmore. Slight sign of relief seeing the needle past 95, but by then we already past Cabela's and everyone around us was already in the mindset they're going out of town like there was a job fair bid out on the rigs hitting 130-140, with posted 110.

He's the driver that I'd (and based on reading some of Beyonders posts) lay the beep beep on, on Macleod or downtown.

Safe immigrant driver though. Followed his phones map app perfectly, but my route of travel is pretty straight forward, says he got laid off and trying being uber driver. And I believe him seeing the way he drives compared to professional cgy cabbies. So safe, if I had a newborn, I'd let this guy drive my baby around. Really nice guy, good communication. Vehicle smell was just neutral (not stink, no air freshener perfume; just regular air which I prefer). Helped with luggage both going in and out.

Cost $33.51

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Just got an email saying they're going to "up front fares" no more estimated fares... not sure how this model works with their guaranteed $20/hr for drivers if there is unpredictable traffic
    Right now Uber is in the phase of 'get presence in the city' which means even if they break even or lose money its a wash. Once they're established thats when fares will creep up.

With a few calls, I got everything done today. Passed my class 4, got my speciality vehicle inspection, changed to the special plate, uploaded all doc's.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by Zhariak
    I want uberBlack and uberSelect damnit!
    Why? It's not like existing cab and limo companies have a huge inventory of luxury cars sitting around.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by Gestalt
    With a few calls, I got everything done today. Passed my class 4, got my speciality vehicle inspection, changed to the special plate, uploaded all doc's.
    Please keep us updated, I find this endlessly fascinating.

They keep re requesting my driver's license. I think because it's a class 4 temporary. Super annoying there is no office to walk into, or apparent email for tech support.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by sexualbanana

Why? It's not like existing cab and limo companies have a huge inventory of luxury cars sitting around.
    Since 2006, getting a sedan late at night, last minute has been difficult.

Wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks to get to/from where I'm going in a comfy ride...

At the same time, from what I've read, uberBlack and uberSelect has nicer vehicles than the sedan/limo companies.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by Zhariak

Since 2006, getting a sedan late at night, last minute has been difficult.

Wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks to get to/from where I'm going in a comfy ride...

At the same time, from what I've read, uberBlack and uberSelect has nicer vehicles than the sedan/limo companies.
    I get the nicer vehicle part, but does it really matter to you that much to be riding in an Escalade over a Prius?

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by sexualbanana

I get the nicer vehicle part, but does it really matter to you that much to be riding in an Escalade over a Prius?
    Sometimes it's nice to change it up... But taking clients out, dates, events, I'd prefer to take it up a notch...

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Well... god damn New Years

Checked at 12, ride from friends' place to home was $33... 20min later, $106 (and no cars available thanks to deep burbs location)

2am rolls by and we're still there. Been trying to get a cab or keys please or anything for the last hour. Had multiple people on hold with cab companies, their apps weren't working either. Keys please request was "submitted" for like 45min (and was $65 anyways)

At one point uber dropped to $65, and a car was 5min out! But that timed out without confirmation.. which makes sense, why select a fare when it's been surging higher most of the night?!

Then again a car was in the area and I said fuck it. $90, only a bit more than keys please... we needed to get home for the dogs, or we would of just crashed there.

Took probably like 20min to direct the guy to the house. Watched him on the app just take wrong turn after wrong turn coming to pick us up... be he eventually got there!

Guess it was good cause it was the ONLY company that we could even request a ride from

Well... god damn New Years

Checked at 12, ride from friends' place to home was $33... 20min later, $106 (and no cars available thanks to deep burbs location)

2am rolls by and we're still there. Been trying to get a cab or keys please or anything for the last hour. Had multiple people on hold with cab companies, their apps weren't working either. Keys please request was "submitted" for like 45min (and was $65 anyways)

At one point uber dropped to $65, and a car was 5min out! But that timed out without confirmation.. which makes sense, why select a fare when it's been surging higher most of the night?!

Then again a car was in the area and I said fuck it. $90, only a bit more than keys please... we needed to get home for the dogs, or we would of just crashed there.

Took probably like 20min to direct the guy to the house. Watched him on the app just take wrong turn after wrong turn coming to pick us up... be he eventually got there!

Guess it was good cause it was the ONLY company that we could even request a ride from
    Well crap, out was out at that time ferrying my son home from our place - would've done it for 90 bucks without a blink of an eye.

My Ride
    NC1

Yes I would too for $90 lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast